Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go App 4 on Android Nougat
14541 74 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

I suggest you wait. I'm on Nogout, and my main issues are app disconnections - and the app crashing after about 10 minutes. I lose all my pilot points (which makes my wife not love me ... ok the last part was a lie).
2017-3-23
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-23 09:21
I suggest you wait. I'm on Nogout, and my main issues are app disconnections - and the app crashing after about 10 minutes. I lose all my pilot points (which makes my wife not love me ... ok the last part was a lie).

DJI said it was a samsung issue - so I asked them on their forums and they aren't aware of any issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com ... at/m-p/79657#M20759

It might be worth bothering Samsung folks to, to see if they will expedite a fix.
2017-3-23
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

I'm on Nougat S7 no problems yet clean your phones
2017-3-23
Use props
Scoobydude
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I was on nought7 on my nvidia shield k1 but due to multiple app crashes downgraded to marchmellow 6 , all good now with no crashes.
2017-3-23
Use props
GSRTrent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114751 ft
United States

Scoobydude Posted at 2017-3-23 13:31
I was on nought7 on my nvidia shield k1 but due to multiple app crashes downgraded to marchmellow 6 , all good now with no crashes.

I just bought a shield K1 and it comes with the 7.0 software.  Would you mind to tell me how you downgraded back to previous software version?  Thanks.
2017-3-24
Use props
Bucefalo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

I had some crashes on Nougat but I found a thread where  someone has downloaded "here map" app.. i can confirm having HERE MAP installed and since then no crashes of the app... give it a try
2017-3-24
Use props
chalde
First Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-3-24 05:36
I had some crashes on Nougat but I found a thread where  someone has downloaded "here map" app.. i can confirm having HERE MAP installed and since then no crashes of the app... give it a try

Interesting information.

I wonder if download Here Map for S7 will also fix the regular crashes.
Another thing to try.
2017-3-24
Use props
Scoobydude
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GSRTrent Posted at 2017-3-24 04:34
I just bought a shield K1 and it comes with the 7.0 software.  Would you mind to tell me how you downgraded back to previous software version?  Thanks.

followed the instructions here, all good now.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2017-3-24
Use props
fans6d32beff
Flight distance : 149980 ft
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-23 09:21

Is this still working for you? Do you have to run the "Here" app or just have it installed?
2017-4-4
Use props
fans1a64029e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 799944 ft
Bulgaria

I am having terrible experience with Dji Go4. Closes itself constantly. Phone is LG V20 with official Android 7 and Dji go 4.07. Tried everything with no luck. My mavic is useless this way. Also doing the same on Galaxy Note 3 with custom Nougat rom. Its a complete shame for DJI to let their customers down this way. Such a great hardware ruined by terrible programming and lack of will to support.{:4_154:}
2017-5-13
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

fans1a64029e Posted at 2017-5-13 13:24
I am having terrible experience with Dji Go4. Closes itself constantly. Phone is LG V20 with official Android 7 and Dji go 4.07. Tried everything with no luck. My mavic is useless this way. Also doing the same on Galaxy Note 3 with custom Nougat rom. Its a complete shame for DJI to let their customers down this way. Such a great hardware ruined by terrible programming and lack of will to support.

Hmmm not good at all, I didn't end up upgrading to Nougat and it has been super stable. The app never crashed once.
2017-5-13
Use props
fans4f8ced9d
lvl.1
Spain

Maybe, but there's the issue, you shouldn't stick to an old OS if you can upgrade, starting with security concerns. The problem here is that this company enforces you to do so with a pricey drone because they don't feel like making their product compatible with devices required to use their product without limitations. If just a small feature like livestreaming wouldn't work with newer versions, , OK, but not to the extent that you cant rely on it. What angers me the most is the fact that they refer to their list of compatibile drones, MASSIVELY outdated, pointing to phones older than 2 years. That's a no go.
2017-5-23
Use props
Defination
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49508 ft
Greece

I'm owner of Samsung S7 Edge also. Dji Go4 was crashing all the time . Since the day i bought Ipad Mini 4 i had no issues, the only problem is that im using S7 as mobile hotspot for my Ipad now.
2017-5-24
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Australia

Defination Posted at 2017-5-24 01:07
I'm owner of Samsung S7 Edge also. Dji Go4 was crashing all the time . Since the day i bought Ipad Mini 4 i had no issues, the only problem is that im using S7 as mobile hotspot for my Ipad now.

Nougat or non-Nougat version?
2017-5-24
Use props
Defination
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49508 ft
Greece

cristianc Posted at 2017-5-24 01:23
Nougat or non-Nougat version?

Android 7.0
2017-5-24
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Australia

I see, I haven't updated yet. I will wait a little bit more.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans4f8ced9d
lvl.1
Spain

Defination Posted at 2017-5-24 01:28
Android 7.0

Care to test if you install the app "Here Maps" or now maybe "here wego", reboot and test it? If it crashes, test the same but previously download the maps for your location? I know it sounds like a mission, but I read somewhere it might work...
2017-5-24
Use props
fans44913af0
lvl.1
Netherlands

Definitely WAIT. Since I have Nougat the DJI Go 4 app crashes at least once per flight. You can predict the app will crash because the video feed starts acting up. Also when taking photo/video the RC is responding immediately but the app delays for seconds. Irritating when this happens during flight. Hope DJI fixes the app very soon.
2017-5-25
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Australia

fans44913af0 Posted at 2017-5-25 09:45
Definitely WAIT. Since I have Nougat the DJI Go 4 app crashes at least once per flight. You can predict the app will crash because the video feed starts acting up. Also when taking photo/video the RC is responding immediately but the app delays for seconds. Irritating when this happens during flight. Hope DJI fixes the app very soon.

cheers, really appreciate it.
2017-5-25
Use props
Danno25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
United States

I'm using a Samsung S8plus with Android 7 Nougat.  I've only had the Mavic for just over a week, but have only had a few issues with Go4 app. Mostly has been a good experience.
2017-5-25
Use props
fans869e3202
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392641 ft
Austria

just updated to the new go 4 and it doesnt work anymore !!! keeps crashing all the time. i have android 7 on it. tried it on 2nd phone without android 6 and it works there!! WTF - DJI has not made it compatible for Android 7 ??? and i now i am stuck ? many here have the same issue  
2017-5-26
Use props
fans869e3202
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392641 ft
Austria

fans1a64029e Posted at 2017-5-13 13:24
I am having terrible experience with Dji Go4. Closes itself constantly. Phone is LG V20 with official Android 7 and Dji go 4.07. Tried everything with no luck. My mavic is useless this way. Also doing the same on Galaxy Note 3 with custom Nougat rom. Its a complete shame for DJI to let their customers down this way. Such a great hardware ruined by terrible programming and lack of will to support.

just updated to the new go 4 and it doesnt work anymore !!! keeps crashing all the time. i have android 7 on it. tried it on 2nd phone without android 6 and it works there!! WTF - DJI has not made it compatible for Android 7 ??? and i now i am stuck ? many here have the same issue  
2017-5-26
Use props
fans4f8ced9d
lvl.1
Spain

fans44913af0 Posted at 2017-5-25 09:45

Fans, care maybe you to test what I wrote before your post? It would mean a lot, and maybe help you also...

Cheers!
2017-5-26
Use props
RomanM
New
Czechia

I have the old Samsung S3Neo and everything worked without a problem. Now, after a new update, my application can not run. I thank the developers for Mavic lying on the table now. How to install the previous version - a functional version.
2017-5-26
Use props
Liberty Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180820 ft
Czechia

chalde Posted at 2017-3-23 07:55
They aren't - they are actually LOTS of post about this, and they have responded in other threads... Until we have a "sticky" for Android Nougat and unsupported devices, users will create new posts or respond to old posts, and possible solutions will get lost...

We do not need a sticky thread, we just need a fix. Sorry, but this is taking way too long. We put our money in the product in a good faith. DJI, failing to deliver promised functionality, should fix this serious problem immediately or return money to all affected users.
2017-5-26
Use props
yozo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 799944 ft
Bulgaria

fans4f8ced9d Posted at 2017-5-26 09:24
Fans, care maybe you to test what I wrote before your post? It would mean a lot, and maybe help you also...

Cheers!

It's not helping. I have HERE maps on my phone with my region downloaded for offline use but DJI app is still closing itself mid-flight. I've also tried to uninstall HERE and its the same. So no difference...
2017-5-26
Use props
blahnr01
New
Switzerland

same here, BQ Aquaris X5 Plus, with Nougat 7.1.1,DI GO app closes / crashes at around 10-15min in flight. disabled local cache for videos, did not help.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans4f8ced9d
lvl.1
Spain

yozo Posted at 2017-5-26 14:44
It's not helping. I have HERE maps on my phone with my region downloaded for offline use but DJI app is still closing itself mid-flight. I've also tried to uninstall HERE and its the same. So no difference...

Crap... Well, thank you anyways, worth a try I guess... Sad that the community is at least trying to find a workaround, dji is showing how a great company is Rotten in its core. Shame on the managers, should stop making fancy events ad do their jobs...
2017-5-28
Use props
Tall.peca 0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2461 ft
Czechia

Anybody able to run android 7 with Mavic pro on anything (4gig of ram etc)?
2017-7-11
Use props
Peter P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2461 ft
Czechia

Upgrading cell phone solved Android 7 issues.

- I had older Zperia Z5 compact, had all previously described issues including video slowdown/app hang/video pixelization/phone freezing (didnt really require restart dough). Killing all bg apps + video cache helped to fly longer but did not solve it.  Phone overheating on direct sunlight made it even worse -> i was loosing trust. Worst part was video lagging because then i had to check on my Mavic constantly if I am not flying into something.
- After upgrade to Samsung S8 i had zero crashes/issues and I was able to fly with video cache on, even with music streaming via internet to bluetooth headphones.

my thoughts from 7 years of project manager in IT project:
App is constantly more demanding with new features (iPhone 6 without S stopped working btw) + Android 7 is more demanding -> app started to be "too much", especially for memory demands (even kills display background, makes app reloaded etc).

DJI shuts up about it because they have crappy choices:
- they do not want to tell you need to upgrade your cell when they officially promised less demands in the past
- they do not want to kill new feature development
- maintaining more app versions is costly

Prove me wrong.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans4f8ced9d
lvl.1
Spain

Peter P Posted at 2017-7-16 01:06
Upgrading cell phone solved Android 7 issues.

- I had older Zperia Z5 compact, had all previously described issues including video slowdown/app hang/video pixelization/phone freezing (didnt really require restart dough). Killing all bg apps + video cache helped to fly longer but did not solve it.  Phone overheating on direct sunlight made it even worse -> i was loosing trust. Worst part was video lagging because then i had to check on my Mavic constantly if I am not flying into something.

Well, I do really understand your thinking and it's totally logical, but still, there is something that makes me hesitate on that: the S8 has 4gb ram, like the S7 edge. If the case is regarding the ram, why is there still an a-load of people with S7 Edge reporting this? Surely, I don't expect the exact answer to that, you're either the DJI developer nor Samsung's (as far I know, hehe). The only difference between the both for that matter is the processor, but that's partially not relevant as file still need to be stored in the ram. I have the S7 Edge and really want to upgrade to 7, but this is a problem, and actually I am *issed that I need to worry about this issue because a device where I paid a good amount of Benjamins may or may not work safely...

Thank you for your input and would like to have your thoughts on this! Cheers!
2017-7-16
Use props
KEM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151191 ft
United States

3 weeks ago, I purchased the P3S. The only phone I have is the Samsung Galaxy S7.I was told by a few people on here that the S7 should work. I downloaded the newest firmware for the P3S and the latest version of the GO app. I'm using the latest updates for my S7 which is the Android 7.0. It updated to the Nougat also. I see where in April it applied a security patch and that's it. Everything connects good and the video seems great. I don't shut any of the apps down on the phone either. The phone does get warm but the GO app doesn't crash. Before I even tried the phone I talked with Dji and all they could tell me was the compatible devices were listed. My biggest problem is trying to find out what button on the app to press for it to record video. It takes pictures just fine.
2017-7-17
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

I don't know anything about Samsung Galaxy Edge 7, but latest DJI Go 4 app versions are better than ever on my Google Pixel (Android 7.1.2).
2017-7-17
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Australia

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-7-17 12:55
I don't know anything about Samsung Galaxy Edge 7, but latest DJI Go 4 app versions are better than ever on my Google Pixel (Android 7.1.2).

That's good to hear! I will consider upgrading soonish. I am still 6.0.2 mainly because it runs perfectly on it.
2017-7-17
Use props
fansb97bc463
New
Flight distance : 210 ft
Israel

have deleted the cache data of the DJI GO APP I made a new installation Unfortunately the problem continues I get the next screen. I do not have a phone on the phone I activated two weeks ago my phantom 4 with the application and there was no problem I ask for help Thank you Please see YouTube link Screenshot What happens when you open an app
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules