The word is  CATEGORIES not CATOGARIES

IMG_2117.PNG
2017-3-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When I read your thread title, I thought that it was something of a very, much more serious nature.
Yes, you have found another one of those not so evident spelling mistakes. Of which we all make, & can most certainly be corrected.
It's good, that we as a friendly, loving community, can politely share and grow together.

Sometimes we can look at a word, and not even notice that it has been misspelled or misplaced.

I myself, have written things in many of my own posts on the DJI forum and went back days or even weeks later to find very obvious errors.
This can frequently happen, particularly, when we are thinking ahead of ourselves.  I love pointing out others mistakes, because we dislike seeing our own flaws or minor mistakes, done by others.

It's great that you have pointed this out, as it helps the forum become a much better, more accurate and respected place to frequent.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-3-13
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-13 19:20
When I read your thread title, I thought that it was something of a very, much more serious nature.
Yes, you have found another one of those not so evident spelling mistakes. Of which we all make, & can most certainly be corrected.
It's good, that we as a friendly, loving community, can politely share and grow together.

Pointing out OTHER'S mistakes... he,he,he!  Or is it OTHERS' mistakes? (There's an apostrophe in there somewhere!)
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Thanks for letting us know, we've reported this to the proper team to address it.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Zeldon50 Posted at 2017-3-17 14:42
Pointing out OTHER'S mistakes... he,he,he!  Or is it OTHERS' mistakes? (There's an apostrophe in there somewhere!)

Actually, "another's" would be more appropriate as it would be possessive to the other person's mistake in short form. You could use "others' " (the plural-possessive version of the pronoun "other"), but the former rolls off the tongue better in my opinion.

I realize this most likely was a rhetorical question, but the more you know.

2017-3-17
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

dey shud hir me tu tak kar of this thin.  I am a prety gud speler.
2017-3-17
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-17 17:07
Actually, "another's" would be more appropriate as it would be possessive to the other person's mistake in short form. You could use "others' " (the plural-possessive version of the pronoun "other"), but the former rolls off the tongue better in my opinion.

hahahaha

Perhaps people should realize that not all the DJI staff nor forum members are native speakers of English.

CORRECTING.png
2017-3-17
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Haha what a typo. I've noticed a few things like this on this forum. Don't think the website creators are native English speakers. They should get everything checked over before publishing though.
2017-3-18
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-13 19:20

I thought his post was valid. It has resulted in DJI now being informed which should result in the mistake being corrected. I don't think your paragraphs of sarcasm was really necessary, but hey that's just my opinion :-)
2017-3-18
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

Kinda reminds me of the story of the guy who arrives in Boston from away and hails a cab. He then asks the driver " hey buddy, do you know where I can get scrod?" The taxi driver replies "you know, I've heard that question asked a hundred times, but never in the pluperfect tense!"
2017-3-18
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

Schooled
2017-3-19
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I do hope the guy that writes the firmware code and the web designer are not the same person......  
2017-3-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2017-3-18 02:08
I thought his post was valid. It has resulted in DJI now being informed which should result in the mistake being corrected. I don't think your paragraphs of sarcasm was really necessary, but hey that's just my opinion :-)

Why, is self deprecation, something that bothers you, about others?
I included myself in that illustrious group. I have pointed out spelling errors myself, on the forum.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87575

RedHotPoker
2017-3-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A man of few words. I like that... ;-)

What do the others' think?

RedHotPoker
2017-3-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

UltraDan Posted at 2017-3-19 14:15
I do hope the guy that writes the firmware code and the web designer are not the same person......

It would most likely be a team of firmware code writers, not just one fellow.  All though with the forum, it may also take a few talented webmasters, keeping it running smoothly.  
I wonder when they will fix the long noted glitches..?

RedHotPoker
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules