DJI accessory service time
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A-Snake
lvl.1
United States

Sorry, I just have to rant this morning about the service from DJI. On March 4th I ordered, and paid for, extra propellers and the sun shade for a Mavic from DJI. I inquired last night whether they have been shipped. An email this morning from DJI said they would ship on March 28th. Why would this simple order take 24 days PLUS the shipping time?

I planned to have these in time for a vacation to the Southwest on the 23rd.

2017-3-14
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

We hear you and often share your experience....

Unfortunately, for both the aircraft and the many accessories, DJI is at the mercy of their suppliers and their on-hand inventory. Orders are filled based on inventory and that inventory fluctuates based on demand.

So we need to yell at our fellow pilots and tell everyone to quit ordering the items we need until our order is filled!

With rapid product release like we've seen recently, the logistics problems for parts are amplified, as there's a fine line between producing the required inventory and producing too much inventory..

The rule to follow when YOU have deadlines or fixed requirements, is to locate local or near local dealers with on-hand stocks; verify that their delivery capabilities meet your requirements, and order from them to ensure delivery.

Good luck and always fly safely!
2017-3-14
Use props
A-Snake
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-14 07:23
We hear you and often share your experience....

Unfortunately, for both the aircraft and the many accessories, DJI is at the mercy of their suppliers and their on-hand inventory. Orders are filled based on inventory and that inventory fluctuates based on demand.

I agree with your suggestion. I should have shopped some of the dealers on line. I just assumed the mfg would have product before dealers.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you order any item, the estimated shipping time is posted under the "Add to Cart / Buy Now button".
Capture.JPG
2017-3-14
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-14 08:45
When you order any item, the estimated shipping time is posted under the "Add to Cart / Buy Now button".

And if you purchase multiple items, plan on the longest item estimate. Because they usually ship items in one shipment....
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-14 11:55
And if you purchase multiple items, plan on the longest item estimate. Because they usually ship items in one shipment....

That is correct, you can request that the shipment be split if all items are not in stock.
2017-3-14
Use props
Fernanditu
lvl.2

Peru

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-14 08:45

That is not always the case. In my experience, the estimated time frame is false. I ordered the dji filters when they were on 5-7days and after a month I had to cancel the order, then I ordered some props that had an estimate of 3-5 days and after a month and several mails to customer service they told me they haven't shipped because they were not in stock.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fernanditu Posted at 2017-3-14 13:11
That is not always the case. In my experience, the estimated time frame is false. I ordered the dji filters when they were on 5-7days and after a month I had to cancel the order, then I ordered some props that had an estimate of 3-5 days and after a month and several mails to customer service they told me they haven't shipped because they were not in stock.

I don't know what happened with your orders but that's not the norm.
Sorry if your had an issue.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules