DJI GO 4 For Android Has Been Released (V4.0.5)
9808 61 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Constant crashes on HTC One M8 using Android 6.0.  Switched to older HTC One M7 running Android 5.0 and had three flights with no crashes.  DJI Go 4 was slow to synch flight data such as altitude after take off, otherwise, great performance.  Android 5.0 seems to work better for me.
2017-4-1
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Go 4.0.5  leaving video lag smears all over the screen,  this is terrible and makes the app virtually useless,  i am running a motorola play x,  which has worked superbly until i  upgraded to FW .400   from .200 and what ever the Go app was at up till February ,   since then i have had nothing but trouble,  with firmware and Go app,  i  dont even think the apple stuff gets away without issues either, as its reported that some of their features dont work any more.    PLEASE DJI , FIX THE APP AND FIRMWARE !   its really important !
2017-4-2
Use props
fans8fbb746d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

MavicUAV Posted at 2017-3-31 11:21
Is there a trick to get the offline maps? When I start the Go 4 App there is a offline maps section in the main menu (on the startpage). But the only maps I can see in the list are in China. Offline map capability is a really important feature imho, ideally we should at least be able to use OpenStreetMap maps (like all offline capable navigation systems do these days). Or have an input field where we can provide our own map server via wifi or locally on the android device.

A cool feature would also be another intelligent flight mode: "Map Area -> Ascent to max allowed alt, tilt gimbal down and follow a snake pattern while taking pictures of the area below that will be used as offline pseudo satellite view in the Go App.

Are you running a custom ROM without Google Play Services installed by any chance? It seems those services are used to check the location and provide region-specific maps for download (I had the same issue running LineageOS w/o those services installed).
2017-4-2
Use props
Jet0308
lvl.1
United States

So far so good here.
2017-4-2
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206831 ft
United States

Fatboysdotco Posted at 2017-3-15 07:04
it would be really nice to be able to use my pixel and save video without adding music

agreed! I would love to use my pixel xl but it crashes and then the flight record is all messed up. A device is a device, I don't know why they can't make it work with everything. There's plenty of apps(Or should I say EVERY app) that work with EVERY device. Why is DJI different?
2017-4-3
Use props
Orion 303
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22907 ft
Poland

Why does it require access to phone permissions -- making calls and rerouting calls?
2017-4-3
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-19 10:54
I did the downgrade as well and NOTHING has improved.
Cleared the cache yesterday which some people recommend: No changes.

Did you completely remove all dji go and dji go4  folders in the phones internal memory before installing.  I have Samsung S7 and the app crashes at some point on each flight. I have been just flying it around the neighbor hood close to home just to be safe.  Prior to this all has been good, except one unexplained problem and 2 where I was to close to transformers and a power line.
2017-4-3
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matt W Ruff Posted at 2017-3-28 14:12
Yup that worked use the QR code above and it works.....Google play no!

OK - I am confused, the link you are referring to is for the iphone or the android?  I also have a Galaxy S7 and until I upgraded to 7.X I and the new DJI GO4 app I was doing fine with my Mavic.  Yesterday weather was decent, but windy, so I flew 4 times  near my house and each one resulted in a DJI App crash.

So which phone are you using the link for?
2017-4-3
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-4-3 07:17
Did you completely remove all dji go and dji go4  folders in the phones internal memory before installing.  I have Samsung S7 and the app crashes at some point on each flight. I have been just flying it around the neighbor hood close to home just to be safe.  Prior to this all has been good, except one unexplained problem and 2 where I was to close to transformers and a power line.

The downgrade removes everything from the device. It's like factory reset to a previous system.
No need to delete ceratin folders prior to downgrade.
2017-4-3
Use props
Ostrov.ee
lvl.1
Estonia

Hello. Can you do the "Panorama" and "Draw" modes for DJI Go 4 (Mavic Pro)?
2017-4-3
Use props
lo-tek
New
Flight distance : 86952 ft
United States

I had several app crashes on my Galaxy S7e yesterday.  It's a bit spooky.  Can we please get this fixed?  thanks!
2017-4-3
Use props
fansb73c528e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

Malsua Posted at 2017-3-18 04:50
I have a K1 Shield that I use.  I had the same issue.   I downgraded it to 6.0.1 Marshmellow from Nougat and all the problems stopped.

I only use this K1 for the Mavic and had disabled everything but maps and DJI Go 4.

I use a new phone not even on the list OPPO is the company, runs even better than my last phone the Samsung Galaxy S5
2017-4-3
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Post - which GO4 version, which device (phone, tablet) and model name, which operating system version (5.x, 6.x, 7.x, ).  Orherwise your post doesn't tell us much.
2017-4-4
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matt W Ruff Posted at 2017-3-28 14:12
Yup that worked use the QR code above and it works.....Google play no!

Are you referring to:  Going to DJI.com > Mavic > Support and downloading the Android app by using the QR Code there and you phones's reader to download the .apk file for the dji Go 4 app?

Also did you use dji assistant 2 to refresh or download the firmware?
2017-4-4
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-4-4 06:17
Are you referring to:  Going to DJI.com > Mavic > Support and downloading the Android app by using the QR Code there and you phones's reader to download the .apk file for the dji Go 4 app?

Also did you use dji assistant 2 to refresh or download the firmware?

I guess I should have said, I have downloaded from DJI Assistant 2 the firmware and installed to both RC and drone.  Also used the QR Code located in dji.com >  mavic >  support > under either downloads or software to reinstall my dji go 4 app.  So all firmware and software updates were done through dji.  I am now waiting for good weather to find out if it made any difference.  I will update as soon as I get a chance to fly.
2017-4-4
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Is there a board to discuss feature requests for further app development? I have one thing which I would like to see in an upcoming update :-)

Everytime I change the control-mode on my Mavic (eg from Normal to Active Track) the DJI GO 4 App looses the photo-format setting I have set  (JPG+RAW) . It always resets to JPG only.

I have opened a topic for that a few days ago. Don't know if this is a firmware problem or an app problem.
2017-4-5
Use props
nitramf
New
Netherlands

iperov Posted at 2017-3-29 02:36
HELP PLEASE!

Cannot do first start!

I had the same issue, my solution was to quit the app completly and to tilt the phone back (as you hold it normally in your hands). After restarting the app it worked in the portrait mode

2017-4-7
Use props
nitramf
New
Netherlands

fLaMePr0oF Posted at 2017-3-30 07:19
P1 Interoperability defect in DJI GO 4 App Android: V4.0.5 - When used with a Huawei P9 (stock firmware) it is not possible to complete the activation process for a new mavic Pro.

When the user reaches the third screen of the activation process; "LCD Screen" which shows info on the various elements of the remore LCD screen, the controls "Next" top right and the back arrow top left are inoperable; tapping them has no response.  The info on the screen can be scrolled, so it is clear that the app has not crashed, but it is impossible for the user to progress beyond this screen and activate their drone.

Try to restart the app while holding your phone in portrait mode, that worked for me.

If it is already opened in landscape it won't switch to portrait.
2017-4-7
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

App works pretty good on a Sony Xperia X for about 15 min.  Seems right at the 15 min mark or somewhere around there, it will crash on schedule.
2017-4-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-9 09:02
App works pretty good on a Sony Xperia X for about 15 min.  Seems right at the 15 min mark or somewhere around there, it will crash on schedule.

Going to run a test.  Just a hypothesis is that the app is going into some sort of battery standby mode, so I am going to remove battery optimization from the app to see if it still crashes after 15 min.
2017-4-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-9 09:33
Going to run a test.  Just a hypothesis is that the app is going into some sort of battery standby mode, so I am going to remove battery optimization from the app to see if it still crashes after 15 min.

Test failed.  Crashed at the 15 min mark again.
2017-4-9
Use props
Vegaslightsss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47080 ft
United States

Lenovo Quadcore with the android device 6 works really well with dgi go 3 and 4, Pilot on my p4p v 2.0 and Inspire 1. I know GO4 lists Android 5 needed. Samsung is hit and miss, Nexus seems to solid.

2019-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules