Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Missing pictures...STILL!
668 4 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zeldon50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

Hi All-
Posted a couple weeks ago about shooting pictures during a flight and having only some of them show up on the card. Some suggested that the bird was sensitive to USB cables and since I was using a third party cable, I thought I would fly using the cable which came with my new iPad mini. Well, I flew yesterday and the problem isn't the cable.
Using AEB(5 shots), the first five frames appeared on the card when I "chimped" them. I then shot two more series' of five shots. When I checked, they were not there. So  I decided to do a little experimenting.  I switched from auto exposure bracketing mode to single shot mode and fired off a couple of frames. No dice, they were not there.  Next I switched from still camera mode into video mode and shot a 10 second video clip. It showed up on the card when I checked. I then went back to auto exposure bracketing mode and shot five more frames. When I checked, they were there.  I proceeded to shoot about 35 more frames (five brackets per) and they all showed up on the card.  So the bottom line is that switching into video mode and then back into a still photo mode made some sort of difference to the bird… Now all I have to do is figure out what this means. Thoughts?
2017-3-14
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.1
United States

Update... I neglected to mention previously that since I have had my P4P, I have always taken my still shots using the shutter release  button on the screen of my tablet. I found the mechanical release button on the remote to be in an awkward place for my finger. Nevertheless, I just did a test using both methods and while the tablet release button gave intermittent results, the mechanical button on the remote was spot on every time! Looks like I'll be using the remote's shutter from this point forward. I just wonder why the screen button sometimes works and other times not...
2017-3-14
Use props
SRM208
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem. The screen button was intermittent at best. I found it a major distraction not being able to focus on the mission at hand and losing valuable time. I use the mechanical button now.  I like the press the focus (press the mechanical button) half way down then shoot to be beneficial.
2017-3-15
Use props
CyFA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Had the same problem and ONLY use the RC button although i hope but i guess your problem is not permanently solved am afraid.
2017-3-15
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.1
United States

SRM208 Posted at 2017-3-15 05:12
I had the same problem. The screen button was intermittent at best. I found it a major distraction not being able to focus on the mission at hand and losing valuable time. I use the mechanical button now.  I like the press the focus (press the mechanical button) half way down then shoot to be beneficial.

Yes, I like the 1/2 press to focus, but pressing halfway always focuses in the center of the frame, which isn't always where my subject lies.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules