Features Explained
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Motch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44213 ft
  • >>>
United States

After the latest update, I noticed more features on my P4.  I have only used Active Track a few times, and use POI often.. but now I saw 2 pages (swipes) of Features!

Problem is, what do they all do?  While I realize that some of them are self explanatory.. others not so much.  Instead of using a thousand dollar piece of equipement as a test bed, where can I find a downloadable file where I can read about all these functions?

I don't seem to find anything on the website nor does there seem to be any videos showing walk throughs.

Thanks
Motch

PS> Had someone explain what 'Course Lock' means and does.. tried it out and was pretty cool.  But would love to read about it and also maybe watch a video too..

2017-3-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Dig around among the tutorials, they are explained.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is the video tutorial for your reference.
2017-3-15
Use props
Motch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy...
While I appreciate you trying to help, you posted an old video!  Not even sure what version of Phantom that is.  I don't have that type of switch on my controller.

Since you (seem to) work for DJI- Answer me this (Please)

I have the following modes on the DJI Go 4.0 App
Gesture
Active Track
Tap Fly
Terrain Follow
Point of Interest
Follow Me Mode
Waypoints
Home Lock
Course Lock

Still trying to find something that explains EACH mode.  Your video was helpful, but again- is that not a single source document that can explain each function.  Something we can print out and carry with us as we are flying?
Are some of these modes able to operate simultaneously?

Thanks
Motch
2017-3-15
Use props
Motch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-14 20:34
Dig around among the tutorials, they are explained.

While it might be fun to 'dig around the tutorials', I don't want to waste my time to search for separate videos.  
DJI should have some sort of manual you can download or a sheet that you can print out explaining each item on the 'mode' selector.
What is the difference between 'Follow Me' and 'Active Track'.. and why would I use one vs. the other?

Just looking for information from DJI.  Don't believe I should be searching YouTube for my answers when it's a DJI product.

Motch
2017-3-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Motch Posted at 2017-3-15 14:44
While it might be fun to 'dig around the tutorials', I don't want to waste my time to search for separate videos.  
DJI should have some sort of manual you can download or a sheet that you can print out explaining each item on the 'mode' selector.
What is the difference between 'Follow Me' and 'Active Track'.. and why would I use one vs. the other?

The tutorials I point you to are made by DJI to explain the features of their products. You might not have the time to dig around, neither do I.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules