688 9 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0775b083
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9800 ft
Hungary

Hi,

I bought a new P3 Professional 3 weeks ago, last weekend after the flight (perfect landing) I noticed small cracks on the bottom part of the body, starting from motor screws. Searching for similar issues on the internet, looks like it is a common issue with P2 and P3 quadcopters. (stress cracks)

Besides that I am really disappointed with the issue since I think it is a silly design/manufacturing problem - DJI should simply increase the thickness of the material near these parts - I also have concerns with the customer service as well. I opened a case 4 days ago, I haven't got any responses. I tried to get in touch with the DJI EU customer service, which was really slow to response. They asked me to open a case, but as I mentioned I already opened one before.

Dear DJI,
as the leader of drone/quadcopter market with premium products at a premium price let me tell you my concerns:
- the technology and the product itself is really amazing but this obvious mistake with these cracks is really upsetting
- the online self-service doesn't have any confirmation email that my case is accepted/received
- the customer service's response time is unacceptable (needs 1 - 1,5 day to get a simple answer - still not the solution)
- I still don't know what will be the exact process of the repair (shipping from my address? date of the shipping? any costs? expected time to repair? is the replacement body part improved or I'll be facing with the same issue in the future?

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of folks with the same questions, that's why I opened this thread.
Please respond to my concerns and try to rebuild my trust in this brand.

Best regards,
Milan
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Milan,  sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product.
When you emailed you should have received an automated message containing a 6 digit ticket number. Could you please provide me with the ticket number?
I'll brought this to the attention of our support team and we will keep improving our service.
And could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans0775b083
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-15 00:12
Hello Milan,  sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product.
When you emailed you should have received an automated message containing a 6 digit ticket number. Could you please provide me with the ticket number?
I'll brought this to the attention of our support team and we will keep improving our service.

Hi Mindy,

thank you very much for your response.

My case number is: CAS-501694-Q0F2P2

The email contains the following number: #462894 (I'm not sure, that this is what you asked for)

Thanks,
Milan
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0775b083 Posted at 2017-3-15 00:19
Hi Mindy,

thank you very much for your response.

Thank you Milan.
I have checked your case. You have created the case by yourself on our online repair system.
After completed your profile, you will come to the page "review your information before submitting your repair request". There are the shipping information of DJI on the bottom of the page, including address. Did you see that information?
You will need to send your aircraft to the address.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans0775b083
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-15 00:31
Thank you Milan.
I have checked your case. You have created the case by yourself on our online repair system.
After completed your profile, you will come to the page "review your information before submitting your repair request". There are the shipping information of DJI on the bottom of the page, including address. Did you see that information?

Thanks Mindy,

I can see it, but could you please correct me.

The address I see is in the US, but I'm in Europe, I thought the repair will be in your EU repair center. (Maybe in the Netherlands?)

Furthermore, this is the only way to send the product to DJI? I've seen comments which said DJI sends some ticket or official form to request the transport.

My drone is under the warranty period and I don't want to pay for the shipping...
If my current case is not correct, then please help me creating the correct one.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0775b083 Posted at 2017-3-15 00:42
Thanks Mindy,

I can see it, but could you please correct me.

Shipping label is not available to all the region.
You will need to pay for the shipping cost when sending it in , and we will take care of the shipping cost when sending it back to you.
I have sent you the correct address via PM.
Please let me know if you can receive my message.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans0775b083
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-15 02:22
Shipping label is not available to all the region.
You will need to pay for the shipping cost when sending it in , and we will take care of the shipping cost when sending it back to you.
I have sent you the correct address via PM.

Thanks I got the address.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0775b083 Posted at 2017-3-15 02:52
Thanks I got the address.

No problem. :-)
2017-3-15
Use props
fans905dd499
New

United States

Welcom to my world Milan, I purchased a P3S last June and I love it.  But I just noticed a few stress cracks under one of the arms near the motor.  Although its just one I am reluctant to send it to DJI because of all this negative talk in another forum of how I might have to wait 2 months or they wont honor the warranty, etc etc...  I really have a blast with this thing I hope you have a positive experience with them!
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans905dd499 Posted at 2017-3-17 10:44
Welcom to my world Milan, I purchased a P3S last June and I love it.  But I just noticed a few stress cracks under one of the arms near the motor.  Although its just one I am reluctant to send it to DJI because of all this negative talk in another forum of how I might have to wait 2 months or they wont honor the warranty, etc etc...  I really have a blast with this thing I hope you have a positive experience with them!

The recent surge of prolonged waiting time is mainly about Mavic. The timeline for P3S repair is normal. So I suggest you send it in.
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules