How much a drowned Mavic pro estimated repair cost?
4887 6 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kenma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338537 ft
Philippines

Hi, I would like to ask an estimate price on how much would it cost to repair a drowned mavic pro. It was submerged in the ocean, like 10m deep for about 30minutes I guess. When we recovered it, we submerged it to a distilled water and dried it for a few days. But it seems some parts were not working. The motors do its thing when you start it up, gimbal continous to rotate tho as it was finding the right horizon, im not sure. We can't connect to the aircraft via remote. Body is still fine. Just a little bit rusty on the lower part maybe because of the salt. Props is okay too. I'm not sure about the inner components.

Do you have any idea or atleast an estimate on how much, including service repair, shipping and etc. This will help me decide if I'll push the repair or buy a new one.

I shouldn't be asking this because I still have another report just in case the warranty can still be considered. But I'm actually losing hope on that one. Nobody wants to help me find the real cause and thats actually really frustrating.

Anyway thanks in advance.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Since our aircraft are sophisticated machines, we cannot guarantee the performance if it's water damaged.
We don't repair a drowned aircraft and it's not recommended to use a drowned aircraft.
For your flight safety, we'd suggest you to purchase a new one.
You have contacted our tech support for data analysis, right?
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like Mindy mentioned, water damaged units are deemed to be unrepairable. This especially goes for salt water. If you feel like this was caused due to an issue with the craft itself at the time, you would want to sync your flight records from the Go app and start a claim via support@dji.com
2017-3-15
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338537 ft
Philippines

It's sounds surprising that this thread got a two support replying, while the other one I created keeps getting ignored about the analysis. Now you guys are suggesting to buy a new one, are you guys insane?

The drone got damaged because of a remote problem yet you don't want to belive that either. This was just my resort unless the problem can be considered. It's been a week so I created this thread hoping to get some good advice despite what happened because I'm really losing hope on that one - I've been replying to the thread like no one else can, it seems like I'm talking to myself. Really this is very frustrating.

Jamie - I already did that, synced all my records with the app under user kenma9123, I hope you'll see what happened. Based on my other flight records I'm not a retarded like the "other" support claiming that maybe I'am.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kenma Posted at 2017-3-16 00:41
It's sounds surprising that this thread got a two support replying, while the other one I created keeps getting ignored about the analysis. Now you guys are suggesting to buy a new one, are you guys insane?

The drone got damaged because of a remote problem yet you don't want to belive that either. This was just my resort unless the problem can be considered. It's been a week so I created this thread hoping to get some good advice despite what happened because I'm really losing hope on that one - I've been replying to the thread like no one else can, it seems like I'm talking to myself. Really this is very frustrating.

Since you didn't click "reply" button so I cannot see you are responding to me.
I have replied to your thread.
2017-3-16
Use props
fans464aa32e
New
United States

Hi, Did you ever get an estimate?
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans464aa32e Posted at 2017-12-3 16:30
Hi, Did you ever get an estimate?

Hi, Sir, like I mentioned in the previous post, the water-damaged drone has many potential threaten and we don't suggest to use it anymore and our repair team will not repair it either.
If your drone has been fallen into water and it is not pilot error at the time, please contact our support to start a ticket for data analysis if the drone is still in warranty period, thanks for the understanding.
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules