Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replaced broken gimbal plate
3251 12 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PushSky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554925 ft
United States

Pretty happy to have my Mavic air worthy again.  Installed a replacement gimbal plate after a crash last weekend broke the original.  Picked up the replacement off eBay from knowonr-0.  Quick shipping and it fit like new.  If only my Mavic looked slightly less dinged up.  The only issue on reassembly was a vision sensor calibration error which was addressed by reseating the vision sensor connectors to the gimbal board.  Also check out the video from Know One FPV on Youtube for pointers.  It took me a little under two hours with some dinking around.  

IMG_3607s.jpg
2017-3-15
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

Very nice! Gotta love the aftermarket
2017-3-16
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197953 ft
United States

Great to hear you were able to repair it yourself.  I had a similar break and ended up sending it in to have DJI fix it.  I had taken it apart before I sent it in to see if there was something I could easily fix.  I noticed that one of my vision positioning plugs was knocked off so I simply plugged it back in.  Sounds like you had a similar forward flight impact?
2017-3-16
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Nice work!
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice repair, you broke the plate and the camera didn't suffer any damage?
If anything happens to any part of the aircraft, just remember thee's no warranty on it anymore.
2017-3-16
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701109 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-16 13:41
If anything happens to any part of the aircraft, just remember thee's no warranty on it anymore.

what the hick ......can't even get icare in New Zealand. Not through not trying either. Come on DJI you love to sell and pocket the moneys but won't support the whole world..............grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

High FlyerCokie Posted at 2017-3-16 13:52
what the hick ......can't even get icare in New Zealand. Not through not trying either. Come on DJI you love to sell and pocket the moneys but won't support the whole world..............grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm sorry if DJI Care Refresh is not available in your area yet.
2017-3-16
Use props
PushSky
lvl.3
United States

Daley Posted at 2017-3-16 11:41
Great to hear you were able to repair it yourself.  I had a similar break and ended up sending it in to have DJI fix it.  I had taken it apart before I sent it in to see if there was something I could easily fix.  I noticed that one of my vision positioning plugs was knocked off so I simply plugged it back in.  Sounds like you had a similar forward flight impact?

Yes, the Mavic was hovering and then took off hitting a wall.  There was a "high interference" message that I fatefully chose to ignore so I'm guessing the interference caused the movement.  Live an learn.   
2017-3-16
Use props
PushSky
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-16 13:41

Yes, the gimbal and camera survived without damage.  Lucked out.  

I had to make a choice of being without the Mavic for a month and pay for the repair (probably $300ish) or DIY and spend $40.  

Happy with my choice so far.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PushSky Posted at 2017-3-16 17:36

I had to make a choice of being without the Mavic for a month and pay for the repair (probably $300ish) or DIY and spend $40.  

Good to hear, happy flying.
2017-3-17
Use props
djiuser_kJsVfBe
lvl.1
United States

PushSky Posted at 2017-3-16 17:36

Hi, sorry to revive after so long.  When you replav4e the gimbal plate, was is absolutely necessary to remove the gimbal?  

I can see the two screws where it broke (just like yours did), it seems like I could attach it and put it under the corners bands without that.  Am I wrong?

2017-10-18
Use props
PushSky
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_kJsVfBe Posted at 2017-10-18 18:03
Hi, sorry to revive after so long.  When you replav4e the gimbal plate, was is absolutely necessary to remove the gimbal?  

I can see the two screws where it broke (just like yours did), it seems like I could attach it and put it under the corners bands without that.  Am I wrong?

Yes, it is necessary as I recall.  I believe the screws that hold the gimbal to the plate can't be accessed unless the assembly is removed.  Good luck with the repair!
2017-10-20
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great work!
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now