Lightbridge and Epson Moverio BT 200 glasses
8946 13 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know if the EPSON Moverio BT 200 glass work with the DJI light bridge?

Those are the best / only FPV (legal !!!) glasses in the USA !

I love to fly with them using my PV2 they are the best, my fatsharks are going into to the dumpster :-) well maybe

2014-9-17
Use props
l8chuang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

The Epson Moverio BT200 should be able to connect DJI Lightbridge through USB cable.  Alternatively, you can connect them with HDMI cable (a wireless mirroring adapter is required).
2014-9-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I talked to Epson at Photoshop World.  They are working on a fix to make the BT200 Lightbridge compatible.  Right now, they are not.
2014-9-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Correct, Talked with Eric and still in the works.. Fully functional on the p2v though. I'm in touch with him and will post once these are compatible with LB.
2014-9-18
Use props
wescoweb1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1472162 ft
United States

l8chuang Posted at 2014-9-18 11:54
The Epson Moverio BT200 should be able to connect DJI Lightbridge through USB cable.  Alternatively, ...

These glasses (version two) are amazing for FPV!  At full brightness, they take over most of the screen and become a totally immersive FPV experience.  You can easily change the brightness between 3 levels.  
It is very hard to find the Epson EHDMC10 Mirroring adapter alone (about impossible actually), unless you got a packaged version of the BT-200av (with the av on the end).  The Epson Pre-launch folks have offered to help me out in getting one (I bought the BT-200 without mirror package from them a few weeks back) since they are not available online alone anywhere except from one place overseas and costs like $240 US dollars.  I cannot find any other brand anything like this either.  All the other brands are made to go only one-way, from device to TV and not the other way.  
With EHDMC10, it appears you can plug any HDMI source into it, and it will wifi forward it along to the glasses (of course the glasses wifi could then not also be hooked up to the Phantom Vision Plus).  
My goal is to do HDMI out of my iPad mini or Samsung Note 3 that is connected to Phantom Plus, into this mirror, and then into BT-200, so that I can be getting FPV view while others can be looking at the iPad.  Of course, this means the controls will all be on the iPad and the BT-200 goggles will be view only (no head-tracking to move plus camera gimbal).  I don't mind this with the new Phantom 2 Plus radio through since it has a hardware gimbal dial on it and so software gimbal control or accelerometer of iPad are not necessary.  
I have also figured out a way to go HDMI out of iPad mini or note three and into VGA input on Boscam goggles using a little converter by Keedox that costs under $20 and will convert the iPad or note 3 (using the micro USB powered HDMI out adapters they require) from HDMI input to VGA output.  The trick here is that the Keedox and HDMI out of ipad/phone devices must both be powered and the Keedox must be powered up to get the VGA striped screen default before plugging the HDMI into the Keedox.  They sell Keedox converters that have higher S-Video outputs as well.
2014-11-13
Use props
piccoloflyer
New

Australia

l8chuang Posted at 2014-9-18 11:54
The Epson Moverio BT200 should be able to connect DJI Lightbridge through USB cable.  Alternatively, ...

So, this should also work with the new DJI Inspire 1, it has HDMI out from the TX?
2014-11-13
Use props
kurose
New

Japan

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-9-19 03:56
I talked to Epson at Photoshop World.  They are working on a fix to make the BT200 Lightbridge compa ...

Can I use a light bridge with BT-200 through USB cable now?
2014-11-21
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not currently
2014-11-22
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

to be honest i love the idea of bt 200 but at the end i decided for zeiss cinemizer... really great feeling..
2014-11-22
Use props
Shaun.capps
New

United States

Remember, when operating any UAV/UAS system, the law still stands that you must maintain line of sight. If your using FatShark or Zeiss, you may find yourself in that awkward situation, when an FAA official tells you to hand over your drone and pay this $1,500 fine. That's why the Epson Moverio seems like a perfect fit, if you want to operate legally.
2015-2-23
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HDMI coming soon to Moverio BT-200; I've heard within a month or 2.
2015-6-25
Use props
detlef.meyer.gm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1775436 ft
Germany

kenargo Posted at 2015-6-25 23:57
HDMI coming soon to Moverio BT-200; I've heard within a month or 2.

Is there something new about it ?
2015-11-26
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

detlef.meyer.gm Posted at 2015-11-26 06:04
Is there something new about it ?

It appears Epson isn't so good at moving forward with this new device.  The last version I was shown wasn't near production so I have nothing more to share at this time.
2015-12-27
Use props
fansfc7ba9bf
New
United States

Can I use my Bt-200 with the Mavic Pro is that working now?
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules