Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Timestamp is Wrong
1003 6 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael5538
New

United States

My new Mavic appears to be capable of time travel.  Videos are timestamped 66 years 8 hours in the past.  Pictures are timestamped correctly.  I've chatted with support three times now.  The first time they said "that's weird" and asked for some screenshots.  They said they'd get back to me, but I haven't heard anything from them.  The second time they immediately told me to reset the camera settings.  That didn't work.  Tonight they again said it would be forwarded to higher level support.  In the meantime I'm trying to figure out how to take advantage of images from the distant past.  I would have preferred the future.
2017-3-16
Use props
JLG in NZ
New

New Zealand

I have the same (or similar) problem--in my case the timestamp is off by 66 years exactly. DJI support responded to me by saying that "there should be a problem on the time memory on the gimbal camera" and that I should send the unit to Hong Kong for repair. Since I live in New Zealand, and the issue is not that dire, I have not opted to do this.
2017-3-18
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Sounds like the 1951-issue that has been reported a few times here already. I guess the intermediate result was: There is no timestamp stored in one of the time related meta data fields and the video editing software (or any other software) then deliberately sets this to 1951.
2017-3-18
Use props
Tim Ryan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27110 ft
Australia

brand new Mavic Pro Platinum - have a similar issue - but the video timestamp is 10 hours ahead of the actual (local) timestamp.  Interestingly my TZ offset is GMT+10 (Sydney) - that is the video timestamp is GMT+20 to actual GMT/UTC time instead of +10.  The photo timestamps are perfect  (ie GMT+10) and showing local time
2018-4-25
Use props
Brad Bilger
Captain
Flight distance : 14764163 ft

Tim Ryan Posted at 2018-4-25 02:38
brand new Mavic Pro Platinum - have a similar issue - but the video timestamp is 10 hours ahead of the actual (local) timestamp.  Interestingly my TZ offset is GMT+10 (Sydney) - that is the video timestamp is GMT+20 to actual GMT/UTC time instead of +10.  The photo timestamps are perfect  (ie GMT+10) and showing local time

Ok...  I'm not going crazy then.  I just found this and thought I was going crazy and did some digging.  My OCD just went into overdrive...  My time stamps are also screwed up.  Like Tim was saying, my photos are in one time zone and my videos are listed as another.  

The Time stamp on the photos is shown as Local time, and the videos are listed as UTC.  6 hour difference.  And I have NO idea why I've never noticed it before.  I went back and checked my files from last year and they ALL are that way.  (Ok, I usually shoot only video, but started back with more photos recently)  

I found some threads from last year talking about timestamps that are 66 years off and then found this one describing the same bug.  Any Ideas??

2018-5-20
Use props
Tim Ryan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27110 ft
Australia

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-5-20 12:41
Ok...  I'm not going crazy then.  I just found this and thought I was going crazy and did some digging.  My OCD just went into overdrive...  My time stamps are also screwed up.  Like Tim was saying, my photos are in one time zone and my videos are listed as another.  

The Time stamp on the photos is shown as Local time, and the videos are listed as UTC.  6 hour difference.  And I have NO idea why I've never noticed it before.  I went back and checked my files from last year and they ALL are that way.  (Ok, I usually shoot only video, but started back with more photos recently)  

I have not heard back from DJI on this -- this can't be a hard bug to squash ...

hope DJI jump on it ASAP
2018-5-28
Use props
NYC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20169501 ft
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-5-20 12:41
Ok...  I'm not going crazy then.  I just found this and thought I was going crazy and did some digging.  My OCD just went into overdrive...  My time stamps are also screwed up.  Like Tim was saying, my photos are in one time zone and my videos are listed as another.  

The Time stamp on the photos is shown as Local time, and the videos are listed as UTC.  6 hour difference.  And I have NO idea why I've never noticed it before.  I went back and checked my files from last year and they ALL are that way.  (Ok, I usually shoot only video, but started back with more photos recently)  

Interesting....
My videos have also been off for the last year of uploaded. It was 4 hrs off for like 8 months of imports and not it's typically 5-hr difference between photos and videos.

didn't think to consider this could be a time zone issue between the two formats. Good to know so I can investigate. Too bad this is such an old post though ... still an issue in 2024...
3-18 08:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules