P 4 video problem
2939 16 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johngr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7848 ft
Greece

i have buy phantom 4 january 2017, from the begining i have this problem with videos, not with photos, why is that?
2017-3-17
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

That is the video cache from the live transmission on your phone/tablet. Transfer the video from the SD card in the Phantom 4.
2017-3-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

1.  Is your tablet or phone on the approved DJI list?
2.  If it is an Android device (Yuck!  My two Samsungs really are bad for breaking up video!), try an Apple iPad, preferably an iPad Air 2 or Pro 9.7" screen model.  If you plan on going that route, I'd also get one with a cellular as it will have the GPS and barometer inside it which can come in useful for autonomous apps and map downloads.  Check the carrier's coverage maps too before you buy one for where you plan to fly.

Good luck.

2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like previously asked, is this coming from the SD card or from the mobile device? What mobile device do you use? What firmware and Go app version are you running?
2017-3-17
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

#Quick Reply I have a similar problem. All video on the memory card is fine, however video on the iPad breaks up. As I am very new to this, I have not had time to fully experiment, but it is a nuisance.   The iPad is a mini 4 with 128 Gb of memory. When the picture breaks up, signal strength is fine as are all other parameters that I can see. All firmware is up to date and the Phantom 4 Pro has only flown a couple of hours.   Advice would be appreciated.
2017-3-18
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

Android tablet use the NVidia shield. Nexus 7 blah not fast enough and reboots. I use a Samsung galaxy tab 4 also it's ok if I pick a channel to stick with. On auto channel not so good. Best device I have found that works great is the IPad mini 4 lte. You can buy a non lte version but maps wont load unless you preload them over wifi. Hope this helps.
2017-3-18
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

Bootspike Posted at 2017-3-18 01:58
#Quick Reply I have a similar problem. All video on the memory card is fine, however video on the iPad breaks up. As I am very new to this, I have not had time to fully experiment, but it is a nuisance.   The iPad is a mini 4 with 128 Gb of memory. When the picture breaks up, signal strength is fine as are all other parameters that I can see. All firmware is up to date and the Phantom 4 Pro has only flown a couple of hours.   Advice would be appreciated.

How far are you flying out in feet or meters. Also how many applications are installed on your mini 4? With a stock dji controller using a ipad mini 4 and the phantom 4 1.5 miles in city was about it. Before break ups. If you want more range less video transmission problems you need a modified controller a booster and a panel.  Like this one https://www.maxxuav.com/collecti ... ji-evolite-kit-plus

If you have the phantom 4 pro make sure you buy a setup that works with 5.8 ghz
2017-3-18
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-18 18:35
How far are you flying out in feet or meters. Also how many applications are installed on your mini 4? With a stock dji controller using a ipad mini 4 and the phantom 4 1.5 miles in city was about it. Before break ups. If you want more range less video transmission problems you need a modified controller a booster and a panel.  Like this one https://www.maxxuav.com/collections/dji-phantom-4/products/dji-evolite-kit-plus

If you have the phantom 4 pro make sure you buy a setup that works with 5.8 ghz

Let me re phrase this Dji does it's tests in ideal environments. 4.3 miles phantom 4 pro not in a city environment you're lucky to get half that range. However if you want more range read what I said above.
2017-3-18
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-18 19:28
Let me re phrase this Dji does it's tests in ideal environments. 4.3 miles phantom 4 pro not in a city environment you're lucky to get half that range. However if you want more range read what I said above.

The picture was breaking up anywhere between 5 metres and 500 metres away and at altitudes of 5 to 100 metres. Flying was in an open paddock with the closest electricity lines 800 metres away and the closest mobile phone tower about 8 Ks away. There is also a power station 10 Ks away. Comms on the drone are set to auto allowing either frequency band to be used.

Following this problem, I considered apps running in the background may be taking up processor and will ensure all are closed entirely. That said, the iPad is also new so should not have any clutter.

At present, this is nuisance value only as a quick review of video is not always possible. All controls seem to work fine regardless of the loss of video.

Suggestions/solutions would be appreciated.
2017-3-18
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Did you already tried another cable between the iPad and RC?
2017-3-18
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

Håkan K Posted at 2017-3-18 21:43
Did you already tried another cable between the iPad and RC?

Good thought. I will take a spare cable next flight, although the cable I used came with the iPad and is new.

Thanks
2017-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bootspike Posted at 2017-3-18 21:18
The picture was breaking up anywhere between 5 metres and 500 metres away and at altitudes of 5 to 100 metres. Flying was in an open paddock with the closest electricity lines 800 metres away and the closest mobile phone tower about 8 Ks away. There is also a power station 10 Ks away. Comms on the drone are set to auto allowing either frequency band to be used.

Following this problem, I considered apps running in the background may be taking up processor and will ensure all are closed entirely. That said, the iPad is also new so should not have any clutter.

Power lines have no effect on your signal, telephone towers have no effect on your signal, the power station has no effect on your signal. What DOES affect the signal is any one of a thousand devices permitted to operate on the 2.4Ghz radio band, and the most intrusive of these devices are normal WiFi routers. And they are found everywhere, any house, shop, school or whatever will be full of them.
2017-3-19
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-19 00:05
Power lines have no effect on your signal, telephone towers have no effect on your signal, the power station has no effect on your signal. What DOES affect the signal is any one of a thousand devices permitted to operate on the 2.4Ghz radio band, and the most intrusive of these devices are normal WiFi routers. And they are found everywhere, any house, shop, school or whatever will be full of them.

Hi Geebax

Understood re routers etc. and thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, this is definitely not the answer as the closest router was definitely over 1 K away. The problem seems to be either hardware or internal software/firmware.

I will persist and see if I can rectify the problem, but at this stage it will be purely trial and error.

Cheers
2017-3-19
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-19 00:05

Hi Geebax

Understood re routers etc. and thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, this is definitely not the answer as the closest router was definitely over 1 K away. The problem seems to be either hardware or internal software/firmware.

I will persist and see if I can rectify the problem, but at this stage it will be purely trial and error.

Cheers
2017-3-19
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Actually I noticed some occasional similar issues as in your video today trying  4 GO and my P4 for the first time. Somewhere I read there is a possibility to lower the bitrate. Could not find it when I was flying today. Need to figure it out and try lowering it. I did not see tis with my P3P and GO.. I'm running a iPad2 mini btw.
2017-3-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bootspike Posted at 2017-3-19 02:29
Hi Geebax

It is an outside chance, but a high power router can give you problems even over a lkilometre away. It is not just where you are, it also matters where the aircraft is in relation to the source of interference. Once the aircraft is in the air, it might be closer to that distant router than it is to you, or perhaps it is receiving that router better than your RC control unit. Flyers make the mistake of thinking the issue is always one of signal strenth, hence the idea of buying after-market antenna add ons, but signal strength is only part of the story, competitive signals can cause more trouble.
2017-3-20
Use props
filippog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 252516 ft
Italy

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-20 00:36
It is an outside chance, but a high power router can give you problems even over a lkilometre away. It is not just where you are, it also matters where the aircraft is in relation to the source of interference. Once the aircraft is in the air, it might be closer to that distant router than it is to you, or perhaps it is receiving that router better than your RC control unit. Flyers make the mistake of thinking the issue is always one of signal strenth, hence the idea of buying after-market antenna add ons, but signal strength is only part of the story, competitive signals can cause more trouble.

I agree with what was said
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules