No image transmission signal
16983 28 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kwon_KOR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410121 ft
South Korea

Cannot view my camera from device screen.. the screen showing "No image transmission signal", and black screen.

so i did some test..

first, i take picture and videos when the screen was black.. and that seems not strange. the photo and video was normal in SD card. the camera seems to be well connected to the device.
the pin in gimbal mounting plate is normal. it didn't break or bend.

second, i connected HDMI port to hdmi device.. and that was bad. the HDMI screen was black too.

i use iPad mini 4 and x3 camera.

so what's the problem? please help me.
2017-3-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Try rebooting the aircraft. If this fails, then we worry.
2017-3-17
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok , you do have full control of the aircraft correct ?  And you can take video on the SD card , the Only problem you have is there is no LIVE video to the go app correct ?   The camera does the normal start up dance when first powering up  correct .  

Have you done a recent update to the system ?  when you did it did you update both the RC and the AC ?  

We must make sure  the aircraft and RC on compatible firmware?  Have you recently done an update to the system ?  Please list the system firmware  on the "about " page of the Go app so we can make sure you are on compatible  firmware.  ( picture below of the page I would like to see , It is NOT a curent pic  of the latest firmware and is just an example of what  I would like to see )

If you are SURE  you are on compatible firmware then do the next thing below.   ( If you are on the latest it would be 1.7.40 on the RC transmitter and 1.10.1.40 on the aircraft . )  

If you can please re install the CURRENT FIRMWARE that is on the aircraft NOW  ( being sure the RC transmitter is off ).  Then after the SD card is in the aircraft for a few minutes it will give a log to what is on the aircraft.  ( or if you saved the last update on the SD card the  firmware file will still be on it, that will work fine too, as long as it is the most recent update you have done )

Next place the SD card into a PC and we want to see the "hidden file "  I will give a link on how to do this .  We want to see line 0800 and 1500 If these lines of code say " device Not connected " then you will need to send the system in for repair , normally just the camera. ( this is because of a corrupted Or broken video module . )  Also I have a link to what the file we want will look  like if it is bad, you will want to view the file on the very bottom of the log, that will be the most current. ( link below in red )

device not detectred.PNG

Link is below  for viewing hidden file  :
How to View Hidden Files: Diagnostic tool for SD and No Signal Issue
donnie

about page 1.8.PNG
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try Mike and Donnie's advice and let us know if it persists.
2017-3-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow the information provided by MTC and Donnie

Sometimes relinking the remote to the Inspire fixes this issue too.

Screen shot with current FW and video for relinking below
Rich
IMG_0114.jpg

2017-3-17
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Do you have both the DJI Go and DJI Go4 app installed? I have read from others that both apps on the same device can conflict. Since installing the Go4 on mine I have been having similar issues, unfortunately, with the weather, I have not been able to check this out.

Mark G.
2017-3-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-18 00:02
Do you have both the DJI Go and DJI Go4 app installed? I have read from others that both apps on the same device can conflict. Since installing the Go4 on mine I have been having similar issues, unfortunately, with the weather, I have not been able to check this out.

Mark G.

Hi Mark

I am not sure this is true because I have been using both Apps on my iPad mini2, mini4 and iPhone 7 without any issues. You need to make sure only one is turned on at a time and without the other one running in the background.

IMO  that has been my experience
Rich
2017-3-18
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-18 21:37
Hi Mark

I am not sure this is true because I have been using both Apps on my iPad mini2, mini4 and iPhone 7 without any issues. You need to make sure only one is turned on at a time and without the other one running in the background.

I'm not sure either Rich, which is why I ask. What you're saying certainly makes more sense.

Mark G.
2017-3-18
Use props
JONNY-C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Guys

I'm also experiencing this problem, with the screen on my iPhone 6 refreshing / going black / no image transmission.

I've followed the instructions given by Donnie and these are the logs which appeared.

[00006958]Version checking[1]...
[00007019][04 00][00] v1.30.1.43 -> v1.30.1.43
[00007168][08 00][00] v2.14.9.42 -> v2.14.9.42
[00007221][01 00][00] v2.70.5440 -> v2.70.5440
[00007265][01 01][00] v2.70.5440 -> v2.70.5440
[00007376][03 05][00] v34.1.0.5 -> v34.1.0.5
[00007476][03 06][00] v2.4.20.28 -> v2.4.20.28
[00007684][05 00][00] v3.0.6.2 -> v3.0.6.2
[00007742][09 00][00] v3.1.0.0 -> v3.1.0.0
[00007835][11 00][00] v3.9.0.0 -> v3.9.0.0
[00007915][12 00][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00008015][12 01][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00008095][12 02][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00008195][12 03][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00008333][15 00][00] v1.1.2.0 -> v1.1.2.0
[00008415][17 00][00] v1.1.0.8 -> v1.1.0.8
[00008516][17 01][00] v2.0.1.6 -> v2.0.1.6
[00008581][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[00010632]Packet upgrade cancelled at version checking.

Is everything ok with these log.

Many Thanks

Jonny
2017-3-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

JONNY-C Posted at 2017-3-19 04:13
Hi Guys

I'm also experiencing this problem, with the screen on my iPhone 6 refreshing / going black / no image transmission.

Logs are fine .When you say loosing image is it all the time or just once in a while ?  Can you try another go app device as I find many times it is the cause of the failure .Change the Cable from the Go app to the RC this is another culprit .
Be sure to clean and inspect the contacts of the Camera  and the mateing surface of the Vibration board.

DID YOU PROVIDE THE LAST LOG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ??? JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE  

( I usually have mine to compare but have chose not to update since version 1.8 ).  

Be sure you dont have the Firmware update still on the SD card in the aircraft as I heard this can cause problems .  

Read my tips page on this , then if still have issues get back with us .

donnie

2017-3-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

JONNY-C Posted at 2017-3-19 04:13
Hi Guys

Read this page over as well, (link below)  The 1 thing to do if you can't find a solution is to find a powerful I pad pro Or I pad  with a A8 processor and test your system .  This way you are not chasing your tail it indeed is only the Go app device that is giving you trouble .

Be sure to enable the "hardware decode"   , on the go app device - general settings . I give this and other tips on the link below .
http://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html

donnie
2017-3-19
Use props
JONNY-C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hello

I would say I loose the image every 4-5 seconds.

I've managed to try another device, iPhone 6s, and the problem seems to have disappeared. So I guess its my device?

Thank you
Jonny  
2017-3-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

JONNY-C Posted at 2017-3-19 04:46
Hello

You have solved the problem !! You could  try tweeking  some settings on the apple  phone  7 to get it to work better .

Make sure no other apps open in background .
Enable the hardware decode , usually helps a lot .
Clear the cache on the device giving you grief .Try another GOOD QUALITY  cord....not the kind you get at the gas station .
airplane mode...works for some , makes it worse for others, not sure why.

That is off the top of my head, look at my tips page for more .
When the budget allows get a I pad Pro or I pad  Air with an A8 processor ......I promise you wont regret it .

And thanks for at least trying another device , sometimes I have to pull teeth because the member is not willing to accept that it could be the Go app device .  They usually say it worked in the past so why not Now .....I will tell you why .....the system  has become more complex , we have more encryption to keep outr systems safe, etc.  This is why it may have worked a while back but no longer.  ( I answer my own questions sometime , I am weird like that .....)

thanks for listening

donnie

2017-3-19
Use props
JONNY-C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Donnie! Really appreciate your help.

I think I might have to invest in a new device then

Thanks again!
Jonny
2017-3-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JONNY-C Posted at 2017-3-19 04:46
Hello

There have been reports of battery issues with the iPhone 6 also. Not sure if this could be the root cause or not.  

It seems that our devices and drones have about a 8-12 month lifespan before they are thrown aside  

Rich
2017-3-19
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-18 21:37
Hi Mark

Hi Rich,

Myth busted! Tried with both app installed, tried with both apps running, tried with only the original Go app installed and still getting the same issue. Then I remember that I had taken the gimbal apart to send some screws away to another member. I have since reassembled the gimbal and possibly over tightened the two screws, slackened them off one turn and BOOM, no more image transmission problem.

Mark G.

PS. I like your new yellow boots, they suit you
2017-3-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-20 03:17
Hi Rich,

Myth busted! Tried with both app installed, tried with both apps running, tried with only the original Go app installed and still getting the same issue. Then I remember that I had taken the gimbal apart to send some screws away to another member. I have since reassembled the gimbal and possibly over tightened the two screws, slackened them off one turn and BOOM, no more image transmission problem.

Hi Mark

Thanks for taking the time to report your findings. It is interesting the camera connection board inside the mount was the culprit. I use a electronic coating on all my contacts. It really helps making sure you do not have a problem (specially removing them all the time).  I have the link posted below incase you are interested.
lubricates and improves conductivity on metal connectors and contacts
DeoxITLiquid

I had to change my avatar because of Donnie's ... all in fun. The yellow boots match my foot size of 15 !  

Rich
2017-3-20
Use props
mark sinsel
New
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-17 05:13
Ok , you do have full control of the aircraft correct ?  And you can take video on the SD card , the Only problem you have is there is no LIVE video to the go app correct ?   The camera does the normal start up dance when first powering up  correct .  

Have you done a recent update to the system ?  when you did it did you update both the RC and the AC ?  

hey donnie i have been having the no image thing since i got it i checked the logs like to instructed and i do have the device not detected i have tried to update over and over i have try many and all options iPads iPhones and droid phones lol and then i came across your post here and i checked the log and in the photo here

it states this over and over what does it mean ? and thank you donnie
2017-7-31
Use props
mark sinsel
New
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-17 05:13
Ok , you do have full control of the aircraft correct ?  And you can take video on the SD card , the Only problem you have is there is no LIVE video to the go app correct ?   The camera does the normal start up dance when first powering up  correct .  

i can take video and everything operates perfect i just do not have a live view and when i bought it and first powered on in promoted to update everything so i have no clue if it worked before or not . sorry i should have post this on the forum page i didn't no it was a message
2017-7-31
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

mark sinsel Posted at 2017-7-31 10:06
hey donnie i have been having the no image thing since i got it i checked the logs like to instructed and i do have the device not detected i have tried to update over and over i have try many and all options iPads iPhones and droid phones lol and then i came across your post here and i checked the log and in the photo here
[view_image]

Confirm with me what you are flying , Phantom Pro ? advance  ? which one .

The update log looks bad ! if you go further up the log, the bottom log being the most recesnt , at what point do all these "device not detected " start showing up ?
did the unit fly perfectly before this update ?  Just wonder if the AC was on super old FW and you may need to update an older FW first .

give me a bit of history so I can help you better ? Is this unit brand new ?
I will say this , with line 0800 haivng the DND it looks bad and more than likely will need to be sent in .  If you  just purchased it go get another one . Get DJI, they are the best overall, I know it is hard to believe  after your EXperience but until somone gives them a run for the money , they are the best game in town .

read my tips page before doing any updates in the future  ( if you get a new one , etc)
Tips for Load NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO

sorrry you are having trouble , it is a TON OF FUN WHEN WORKING PROPER.  

donnie

2017-8-1
Use props
mark sinsel
New
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-1 03:53
Confirm with me what you are flying , Phantom Pro ? advance  ? which one .

The update log looks bad ! if you go further up the log, the bottom log being the most recesnt , at what point do all these "device not detected " start showing up ?

phantom 3 pro sorry
the thing is i have fun with it i flew it a lot but i never had image so i am limited to where i can fly . and their support system is not that great so far that i had with them . but you never know and it flew great from the start but it promted me to update ebfore i did anything so i did and i never knew if it had an image or not, i bought it new but opened never used i dont know how old it is or where it came from i know it never was flewn ever . and you can tell it wasnt and i went thru the logs and such i dont think it was ever used.

2017-8-1
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

mark sinsel Posted at 2017-8-1 07:32
phantom 3 pro sorry
the thing is i have fun with it i flew it a lot but i never had image so i am limited to where i can fly . and their support system is not that great so far that i had with them . but you never know and it flew great from the start but it promted me to update ebfore i did anything so i did and i never knew if it had an image or not, i bought it new but opened never used i dont know how old it is or where it came from i know it never was flewn ever . and you can tell it wasnt and i went thru the logs and such i dont think it was ever used.

Do you have any data going to the go app or does it say "Aircraft Disconnected " Or just " Disconnected " Just want to know if it is more than just the  Live video problem.  If  the only problme is No Live video than more than likely it is a faulty Encoder on the Camera and the only fix is to send it in for repair, hopefully it nust needs to be re flashed and worse case is a new camera as replacing the video encoder on the camera is almost the same cost as a new camera  .
The problem with open boxes is parts  can be swapped and then the last one in stock is usaully  the " Organ doner"  of parts that may be suspect if you know what I mean .

Please let me know the answer in red text.

donnie
2017-8-2
Use props
MikePuckett
New

United States

I have an Inspire 1 and have the same issue. I get weak transmission signal, even when i am only 5 ft away. I have tried the following and still no luck.
Changed SD Card, Updated Firmware, changed cable from ipad to RC, un installed and re installed Go app, set channels manually and auto, flushed cache.

Can someone please help! The drone operates fine, but my video image lags, turns to green sometimes, freezes up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2017-8-9
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

MikePuckett Posted at 2017-8-9 08:44
I have an Inspire 1 and have the same issue. I get weak transmission signal, even when i am only 5 ft away. I have tried the following and still no luck.
Changed SD Card, Updated Firmware, changed cable from ipad to RC, un installed and re installed Go app, set channels manually and auto, flushed cache.

Get a different go app device , sounds like the old one does not have enough power .  An I pad with a A9 processor or higher will work perfectly .

also go over my tips page if you do own  such an I pad As I describe.

More than likely need faster go app device , seen this MANY TIMES  ( screen green , rolling flicker on screen , slow to keep up )

Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

donnie

2017-8-10
Use props
Bigbos Dboy
New

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-18 23:58
I'm not sure either Rich, which is why I ask. What you're saying certainly makes more sense.

Mark G.

Hi mark, my phantom 3 pro loses signal at 1,800 feet distance an it is suppose to go 3 miles distance before losing signal. What would cause this problem?
2019-4-7
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Bigbos Dboy Posted at 4-7 00:22
Hi mark, my phantom 3 pro loses signal at 1,800 feet distance an it is suppose to go 3 miles distance before losing signal. What would cause this problem?

That is a tough one as there are so many variables.
Have you tried flying in/from different places?
Are your antennas set right, ie. at 90 degrees to the AC?

Mark G.
2019-4-13
Use props
Kwon_KOR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410121 ft
South Korea

i know It was an old post, but I solved it.
The problem was the ribbon cable.
As a result, I replaced the ribbon cable and it was fixed.
The cable between the main body and the gimbal was heavily bent and seems to have a problem with the connection.
Thank you for your help.
2019-4-13
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I developed the same problem , which with time got worse and worse, to the point of not being able to fly confidently, In my case the card that holds the camera connectors at the birds end developed a disconnect, probably caused by a hard landing caused by a wind gust, the problem did not appear immediately after the hard landing but with time and after a couple of iffy app and that very last firmware update, so guess what I blamed it on!
2019-4-16
Use props
dwirrestor
New
Flight distance : 10702 ft
United States

Seems far too common of a problem all of a sudden after upgrading the software. After trying all of the internet fixes, I had to send the drone off to be checked out. Almost $800 US to replace/fix the camera, put in a new main controller (part 43), and a part #01 GPS module with labor and shipping costs (to and from), it was fixed. The drone (P-4) had very low use on it and was still currently valued at $999, I felt like I had to get it fixed. Moral of teh story is be prepared to pay big bucks to get this malfunction fixed. I will say that it flies like new now! Ughhhh
2020-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules