Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First P4P flight
991 4 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse4670b0d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is an image from my first flight, and a couple of questions.  

1) am I supposed to register thisnor something? My little booklets say nothing about this.  

2) my friends tell me I'm supposed to also register with FAA or something like that.  Is this true?

3) I had one friend tell me I have to take some kind of test regarding a license or permit.   I've found no info on this.  

Sorry if these are newbie questions.  I havent stayed up tondate since selling my P4 back in December and my friends tell me everything has changes.  They also may be messing with me.  
IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4725.JPG
IMG_4728.JPG
2017-3-17
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.4

United States

Answers to your questions:
1 & 2. Yes, you have to register your P4P with the FAA. It's $5 & can be done here.
3. You would only need to take the Part 107 Knowledge Test if you plan to use your drone for profit, such as take real estate photos for people/companies, survey land for people, etc. If you are simply flying for fun or recreationally, then you only need to register with the FAA for $5 as mentioned in answer 1 & 2.

Have fun with the P4P! Awesome little machine!
2017-3-17
Use props
phinchman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120994 ft
United States

I agree with TPVAerials.  He stated it, spot-on.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

TPVAerials hit the nail on the head.
2017-3-17
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

"I havent stayed up tondate since selling my P4 back in December and my friends tell me everything has changes. "

These changes actually came into effect Dez 2015.
Here is more intel:
Registering Your DJI Drone in the U.S.: What You Need To Know
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules