Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My letter of frustration...I hope the community is empathetic
1580 9 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RU-X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2595 ft
United States

A little bit of back story...My Mavic has been in and out of DJI's service center for months and I just got an email saying that there's no estimation of when repairs or replacements will happen. I'm so tired and just want my money back. I hope they will make an exception on their refund policy for my case.

"Dear DJI,

This is very unfortunate news that adds to the pile of frustration this is causing, and to be frank, unacceptable. I was an early adopter, I saw the great things DJI was creating and I was sold on your brand and product. I preordered the Mavic on the day of the announcement. And I feel like I've been being punished for it ever since.

DJI had no problem charging my credit card right away and that was strange to say--most company do not charge customers until the product is shipped.

We saw a weeks delay in shippment.

I finally get my Mavic. Great! I flew it a few times--less than an 40mins total. This thing works great!

I head out on vacation and I get an error. Bad board. I contact support and it was sent in.

A couple of weeks go by and I get a new Mavic in the mail. Awesome! New everything (minus the card board box)

I go to test it and my mobile devices will not connect to the RC. The RC connects to the aircraft...I get all status reports and camera controls...But no display or ability to change settings via mobile device.

DJI had me send everything in again.

Few weeks go by and I get the Mavic back. Okay, they replaced the aircraft but not the RC. I go to test it and the same problem still stands. No mobile device connection.

I'm so frustrated. DJI has me send everything in again.

DJI now has had my Mavic for almost a month this time. The total down time has been about 4 months at this point. Now with news that there is no estimated time of repair or replacement.

This is unacceptable! I've paid a lot of money for something that DJI has not delivered on.

I want headquarters (or whoever has the authority) to be contacted to issue a refund. Once refunded perhaps I will buy another product from DJI again in the future when things are not so hectic with production and quality will be assured.

Please refund me the full purchase amount that I paid (USD $999.00) and DJI can keep the defective product.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you"

2017-3-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I hope the community is empathetic

I hope so too. If you received your first Mavic four months ago and have yet to receive a consistently functional system I think you should receive expedited service and a better answer than an indefinite time frame for receiving yet another replacement.
2017-3-17
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-17 16:00
I hope the community is [empathetic]

I hope so too. If you received your first Mavic four months ago and have yet to receive a consistently functional system I think you should receive expedited service and a better answer than an indefinite time frame for receiving yet another replacement.

thanks for pointing out my error.

They say my case has been expedited....but I also get a lot of copy and pasted response so I don't know...but I'm done, I want my money back.
2017-3-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

RU-X Posted at 2017-3-17 17:04
thanks for pointing out my error.

They say my case has been expedited....but I also get a lot of copy and pasted response so I don't know...but I'm done, I want my money back.

No problem; I hope they take care of your problem soon, and posting here usually does seem to help a lot once a DJI employee sees it and gets involved.
2017-3-17
Use props
mstevens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19078 ft
United States

You're hoping for sympathy, not empathy...
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're sorry about your experience, OP. What's your case number? I'd like to help.
2017-3-17
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck man, you deserve better.   Don't worry about people being empathetic, those folks were kicked off of the forum years ago because they demanded better (now they have what is known as the "hive" who will block any meaningful conversation between users)..  You deserve better plain and simple.  Good luck buddy and keep us up to date on the progress.  Those who have been treated horribly need speak up and demand better (however I said that in 2015 and I could make the argument customer service is way worse now). Note that I'm not refering to the mods,  they do a fine job.
2017-3-17
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-17 19:24
We're sorry about your experience, OP. What's your case number? I'd like to help.

Thanks Thor. CAS-458598-Q3T0V5. i hope you can get the people who have the authority to make an exception and issue a refund for me.
2017-3-18
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
United States

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-3-17 21:53
Good luck man, you deserve better.   Don't worry about people being empathetic, those folks were kicked off of the forum years ago because they demanded better (now they have what is known as the "hive" who will block any meaningful conversation between users)..  You deserve better plain and simple.  Good luck buddy and keep us up to date on the progress.  Those who have been treated horribly need speak up and demand better (however I said that in 2015 and I could make the argument customer service is way worse now). Note that I'm not refering to the mods,  they do a fine job.

Thanks for the good words! I'll keep you guys up to date.
2017-3-18
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
United States

Update: https://forum.dji.com/thread-108357-1-1.html
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules