1950 7 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubillos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be great to have an option that would smooth out any yaw inputs on the control stick, much like the smoothing option on the gimbal pitch.
2017-3-17
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Hong Kong

Since you yaw the camera by moving the aircraft and not the gimbal, I really wouldn't suggest a smoothing option since the pilot should be in full control at all times.

You can adjust Yaw manually by changing the EXP settings.  I have mine set to 0.25 for Normal and 0.2 for Sport.  To have a smooth yaw, simply control the stick movements gently and you will be fine.  The other options are to use "Cinematic" or "Tripod" modes to slow down everything.
2017-3-17
Use props
rubillos
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MavicUser Posted at 2017-3-17 17:02
Since you yaw the camera by moving the aircraft and not the gimbal, I really wouldn't suggest a smoothing option since the pilot should be in full control at all times.

You can adjust Yaw manually by changing the EXP settings.  I have mine set to 0.25 for Normal and 0.2 for Sport.  To have a smooth yaw, simply control the stick movements gently and you will be fine.  The other options are to use "Cinematic" or "Tripod" modes to slow down everything.

Just a little bit of "inertia", as an option, would be very helpful. Currently even with EXP cranked way up and the limits set all the way down, it's very difficult to get a smooth transition from stationary to rotating, or to adjust yaw totally smoothly when rotating around a point.
2017-3-17
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I agree. Especially in Cinematic mode, some inertia or smoothing for the yaw  would be great.
2017-3-18
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

MavicUser Posted at 2017-3-17 17:02

"I have mine set to 0.25 for Normal and 0.2 for Sport."

This isn't the first time I've seen somebody suggesting turning up the expo settings to get smoother control. Why is that? My understanding and experience with expo settings tells me the opposite; Based on the explanation of the expo settings, when you turn it down (eg. 0.10) that means that the stick responds less to your input towards the center, but increases as you get closer to full stick. To me, this is what I want. It allows smaller adjustments with small inputs. By turning it up to 0.25 or higher, the Mavic responds more quickly to my small stick inputs near the center. I even tested this out today, and I'm still convinced that the smaller expo setting gives me the most amount of control. I have all mine set to 0.10... Is there something you guys know that I don't? :-)
2017-3-18
Use props
rubillos
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-3-18 03:25

Sorry by "up" I meant "slowed down as much as possible", which is the lowest setting.  :-)
2017-3-18
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Hong Kong

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-3-18 03:25

The default Expo is 0.5, which is a straight line, meaning that the stick movement from centre (0%) to full stick (100%) will correspond directly to the rate of Yaw... When I use 0.25 setting EXP for Yaw, it will slow down the reaction of the Mavic Yaw by half until the stick is 50%, then it will speed up the Yaw from that point until 100%.  e.g. from centre stick (0%) to 50% stick movement, the Yaw rate will only be up to 25% of the total, then from 50% stick to full 100% stick, the Yaw rate will go from 26% to 100%.

Just remember to EXP only works UP TO 50%... After that, it actually speeds up even more than if you have EXP set to 0.5..

For a visual explanation of this, see this video at around 3:02:

I also forgot to mention that I have Yaw end point set to 50, which is the lowest you can use on the Mavic.  This slows down the Yaw by 50%..
2017-3-18
Use props
aerofart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427969 ft
United States

Yaw Endpoint basically cuts off the travel of the yaw stick.  So for example, if you move the stick all the way in one direction (100%), it really only counts it as 30% if you set your Yaw Endpoint to 30%.  This setting is great combined with EXP settings because basically, you get to take the shallow end of the EXP curve and "spread" it across the entire travel of your stick, and you'll never hit the steep end of the curve.

Here's an illustration of Yaw Endpoint applied to an EXP curve.  Applying this endpoint essentially stretches the curve between the two endpoints to the edges, eliminating the steep ends of the curve.  So you'll basically have very fine control of your aircraft over a very shallow curve.  End result: very smooth cinematic motion!
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules