Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
a fixed drone is not really a fixed drone/ please read
1054 20 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emilcaruso
lvl.3
Flight distance : 62205 ft
United States

if you plan on sending your Inspire 2 in to DJI for repairs, be sure to photo your SN number, and make it clear you want YOUR inspire returned. DJI reserves the right to "replace" if they feel fit. the problem with this policy is, the license key will no longer be activated on your Inspire. I needed only a simple repair, yet I got back a refurbished model, they claim they did not do this, but I have proof they switched it on me.
I have been going back and forth for 2 plus weeks and have got nowhere with support.
I currently do not have a license that I paid 1300.00 for.
Don't let this happen to you.

2017-3-17
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

That is what happened to me to. I sent mine in for minor repairs when the fpv camera stopped working, there was also malefunction on the controller. What I found odd was that I got a totally different drone (new serial # and my registration label was gone), but they sent me my original controller back. I am guessing its a refurbished model since this drone has some issues as well (se another thread for video where it vibrates like mad).  
And like you my licenses where gone and it took me around 5-6 days to get them to open op for the license. It was by no means easy and I had to constantly push for answers. Finally I manage to get online chat to help my, it took around an hour and half of constant chatting.
What irritates my about this is that if they just "swapped" my drone with a refurbished (not new) drone, why did I have to wait for almost 4 weeks looking at the status going from "being repaired" to "undergoing flight test" if they then just send me another one. The responce time should be much quicker.
And what also funny is that the controller that actually is the one I bought was not repaired well and it now has som noice coming from the fans inside it, like something is toughing it.

I bought my drone in early January and have only managed to fly on 2 occasions (4-5 flights in total).

What makes me disappointed is that they misinform quite often. When I confronted them with the they say it will take 2-3 business days for them to register the drone. I could se on the package tracking that the drone was delivered to them on the 07 of February but they state the they did not receive it until the 13th of february. How convenient for them to have all those extra days to work with.
2017-3-17
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

I am really starting to question their quality check its amazing that a controller that makes rattling fan noice and a drone with severe residence vibration can pass through as being ready for shipping.  The actually even swapped out my case with a new one that is worse then the one I had, the locking levers on this one are much harder to close and dont match up as well. I had a foam insert inside mine that came with my extra controller and it did not get moved over and DJI says they can't do anything about it and can't send me a new one.. Honestly, you can't send me a peace of foam!
2017-3-17
Use props
lvK0bgqCXaWs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 361 ft
Netherlands

Wow, they are really losing it at DJI. Aren't they aware that,this way, you lose your customers....
2017-3-17
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Wow , that is not right.  I sure hope you get to the bottom of this .  That was a great idea on your part to take the pictures for proof.

I dont understand simple problems like this , It should be so easily resloved.  I mean clearly you have the proof and in additon suddently your Lic. No longer works .

DJI is great in some respect and not so great  in others .

donnie

2017-3-18
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-18 04:35
Wow , that is not right.  I sure hope you get to the bottom of this .  That was a great idea on your part to take the pictures for proof, well played my good man , well played.

donnie

I second that, another solution and the one I did was to scan the QR code on the drone (shows you the serial#, its quite hard to read), the app then stores the number for you , then when you get it back you can double check and se if it is yours.
2017-3-18
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Runi, did you ever get the cinema license on the second one you got, i.e. the refurbished one with the different serial?  Looks like you may be getting a third license too with that refurbished vibrator you got on the second repair that needs to go back in.

Looks like you're having a run of bad luck.  Hope the third is a good one.
2017-3-18
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-3-18 04:41
I second that, another solution and the one I did was to scan the QR code on the drone (shows you the serial#, its quite hard to read), the app then stores the number for you , then when you get it back you can double check and se if it is yours.

I take photos of all the QR codes and of the equipment and save this information. It is good for insurance reasons and great to have for proof of ownership. I also keep these records in more than one location just in case of fire.

Rich
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If the aircraft is replaced, the license would have been transferred to the new unit. Could you please provide the case number so I can follow up?
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-3-17 23:13
That is what happened to me to. I sent mine in for minor repairs when the fpv camera stopped working, there was also malefunction on the controller. What I found odd was that I got a totally different drone (new serial # and my registration label was gone), but they sent me my original controller back. I am guessing its a refurbished model since this drone has some issues as well (se another thread for video where it vibrates like mad).  
And like you my licenses where gone and it took me around 5-6 days to get them to open op for the license. It was by no means easy and I had to constantly push for answers. Finally I manage to get online chat to help my, it took around an hour and half of constant chatting.
What irritates my about this is that if they just "swapped" my drone with a refurbished (not new) drone, why did I have to wait for almost 4 weeks looking at the status going from "being repaired" to "undergoing flight test" if they then just send me another one. The responce time should be much quicker.

Can you please provide your case number so I can look into this?
2017-3-18
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-18 20:35
Can you please provide your case number so I can look into this?

HI DJI-Jamie
I managed to get mine resolved so no need for action there. I will how ever have to go through the same process as soon as the replacement drone arrives
My case nr. is: Shipping of CAS-433576-M1N5C7
and the case nr. for the drone that is on the way is: CAS-514729-L7D1D4
2017-3-18
Use props
Emilcaruso
lvl.3
United States

CAS-449103-V8S5L5
this is the 6th or 7th time I have given out this case number to various people at DJI, none of them have done a darn thing..
2017-3-19
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Emilcaruso Posted at 2017-3-19 06:14
CAS-449103-V8S5L5
this is the 6th or 7th time I have given out this case number to various people at DJI, none of them have done a darn thing..

Emilcaruso,

I sent  187 Emails and three days to Finaly get help from the Repair Adminastrator and two extra days to receive a phone call from a DJI Tech ,  Replacement Inspire 2 was returned with no License attached and were using the wrong CineCore Sn:

Almost wanted to personally bring my Drone to California for repair.

All the Best in getting  repair completed.

2017-3-19
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

CAS-449103-V8S5L5

Do you have Facebook? if you do join the Official DJI Owners Group. The guys here are DJI team and i find very helpful is you approach them in the right manner. I can see from the various threads they do really try to help so give it a go/.....
2017-3-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-3-19 06:31
Emilcaruso,

I sent  187 Emails and three days to Finaly get help from the Repair Adminastrator and two extra days to receive a phone call from a DJI Tech ,  Replacement Inspire 2 was returned with no License attached and were using the wrong CineCore Sn:

You won't get in if your take it to them in California.  They are behind a locked gate with a security man who only lets delivery trucks through and people who work in the complex.  You can see the closed gate in Google Earth as well if you look.   Must be shipped in.

2017-3-19
Use props
Emilcaruso
lvl.3
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-3-19 06:31
Emilcaruso,

I am not given up... thanks
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

CAS-449103-V8S5L5

A member from the NA Facility is getting in contact with you to get this addressed.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-3-18 21:42
HI DJI-Jamie
I managed to get mine resolved so no need for action there. I will how ever have to go through the same process as soon as the replacement drone arrives
My case nr. is: Shipping of CAS-433576-M1N5C7

I've provided this information to the proper team to see if this process can be a smoother transition for this incoming case.
2017-3-20
Use props
hfrancis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26247 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem. They swapped my Inspire 2 for another one with different serial numbers after it was repaired (didn't recognise lens error after a minor accident) and it came back without the license keys. After a couple of weeks of complaining still no joy, and now they are asking me to return the second drone for this to be fixed.
2017-3-23
Use props
hfrancis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26247 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem. They swapped my Inspire 2 for another one with different serial numbers after it was repaired (didn't recognise lens error after a minor accident) and it came back without the license keys. After a couple of weeks of complaining still no joy, and now they are asking me to return the second drone to the Netherlands for this to be fixed (which seems crazy).

They're also asking me for the license keys, but as this was delivered with the keys pre-installed, I'm fairly sure that they were never delivered with the drone. Did anyone else who got an early combo pack (Inspire 2, X5S & Licenses) have the license keys delivered in the box?
2017-3-23
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-3-19 08:05
You won't get in if your take it to them in California.  They are behind a locked gate with a security man who only lets delivery trucks through and people who work in the complex.  You can see the closed gate in Google Earth as well if you look.   Must be shipped in.

This is a major problem I believe at DJI in not having the proper training and limited access to the license key information it only granted to a select few  at DJI HQ

This is my personal interpretation after my 187 emails and three days , finally the call I received from a technician with the proper clearance to resolve the issue ,  REPAIR Administrator is the person who can really help you .

If you don't see the correct license key page on the DJI Assitance  2 software then your Cinecore is not recognized in the DJI Servers System which communicates with Assistant 2 software .

Thank God , my inspire 2 is working just great now ..

Best of luck

Neil
2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules