Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Fly Zones
2118 5 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65771 ft
United Kingdom

Just been to the East Coast in the UK with my Drone, I was unable to fly  where I wanted to do some Ariel photo shots due to DJI’s Restricted Fly Zones, I  was able to take off but once in the Air was met with a on screen message  warning me I was in a restricted Zone, I could not remove the message box from  my screen with out ticking a box to say I had permission to fly in this Zone  and tick a box stating I would accept responsibility to fly in this zone, Ticked  both boxes just to try and get rid of the message so as to be able to see my  Tablet screen again, by doing this it tried to connect me to the internet to  confirm, which I could not do due to my Samsung Tab 4 being a Sim Free so has no  Internet Ability when not connected to my Home Wi Fi ( Samsung Tab 4 is a DJI  approved Tablet ) According to a map I had checked prior to my flight showed me  to be out side of No Fly Zones the Map in question was a Map compiled using the  UK Air Navigation order CAP393 so I would have thought my flight would have been  ok.
Having Checked DJI’s No Fly zone Map it would seem DJI have added a much  larger Area in there No Fly Zone Area.
What I need to know is , is there away I can stop this message from popping  up in the future as I know I am not in a official no Fly Zone.
I have hopefully uploaded the two Maps in Question.
Map 1 is the DJI No Fly Zone Map
Map 2 is the noflydrones.co.uk map compiled using the UK Air Navigation  Order CAP393  
Map 1 shows the Area I wish to fly in Marked with a Red Oval

DJI Map

DJI Map

CAP 393 Map

CAP 393 Map
2017-3-18
Use props
jorgerodrigues
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181781 ft
Switzerland

Hi there, from my experience here in Switzerland you get that message whenever you take off from the green area around a no fly zone. what bothers me in your 2 maps, is that the center area in yellow on the dji map does nor correspond to the red area in your official no fly map. But, as in everything, is you that have to be the onde to decide and to know where to get the info from.  But looking at that map, if you are sure that you are out of the red zone in the official map, I say you should be fine.
  Nice flights
  Jorge
2017-3-18
Use props
bigal
lvl.3
United Kingdom

jorgerodrigues Posted at 2017-3-18 09:27
Hi there, from my experience here in Switzerland you get that message whenever you take off from the green area around a no fly zone. what bothers me in your 2 maps, is that the center area in yellow on the dji map does nor correspond to the red area in your official no fly map. But, as in everything, is you that have to be the onde to decide and to know where to get the info from.  But looking at that map, if you are sure that you are out of the red zone in the official map, I say you should be fine.
  Nice flights
  Jorge

Agreed but how do I turn the message off so as to be able to see the full screen without the message stuck in the center of it, as mentioned I no not have an internet connection so cannot confirm my acceptance of responsibility to fly in this area?
2017-3-18
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can turn of GEO System to get rid of this dialog. Go into general settings and scroll down.
DJI defines warning or NF zones with their own saftey rules which do not necessarily reflect the local rules.

I personally look into ICAO maps and there is a good website that shows ICAO regulations:
http://maps.openaip.net

Note that a lot of restricted airspace does not start on ground level but at a certain elevation.
If it says in the box FL 195 and beneath FL 175 it means the restricted space starts at Flightlevel 175x100ft=17,500ft=5,3km!
And it ends at 195x100ft. Means it's way above and no concern for you.
Looking at ICAO maps makes you in the beginning think you hardly can fly anywhere but after a while you understand it's not that bad.

Hope you have better weather than we have in Germany!
GEO System.png
ICAO.jpg
2017-3-19
Use props
bigal
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Eric13 for the useful info and help on the GEO SYSTEM the map link http://maps.openaip.net looks good will be using that one, as for the weather I doubt its any better in the UK
2017-3-19
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

DJI NFZ and Geo have nothing to real airspace zones and have nothing to local law.
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules