Don't bother Ordering from DJI
1383 13 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

I ordered a replacement gimbal cover and ND filters on February 5.  Payment was confirmed, and here we are in the middle of March and not change in status.  Further evidence that DJI has not forward vision.  While today DJI has the drone space, and I cannot argue that for a consumer grade drone with a consumer grade camera the DJI Mavic Pro is definitely top shelf, I personally cannot wait for a company to come to the game with a good product AND customer support to match.  These forums are littered with horror stories of DJI customer service, and frankly it is abhorrent.  

DJI here is my order number if you read these forums 0015912859013
2017-3-18
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

Hi Turkk,  I feel your pain.  We have some great mods on the forums that can give some better insight into your situation.  Hang tight and I'm sure they'll get you squared away.
2017-3-18
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

Hi Turkk,  I feel your pain.  We have some great mods on the forums that can give some better insight into your situation.  Hang tight and I'm sure they'll get you squared away.
2017-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes the customer service can be very up and down, when you compare it to a company like Apple.

So I will, when Apple was 10 years old just like dji is now, they fired Steve Jobs, some of the worst problematic tech products on the market, late delivery of products was the norm and customer service was  a shambles and the company was going bust.

So when you compare APPLES WITH APPLES pardon the pun, you would have to agree that after 10 short years in business dji are so much further ahead of where Apple was at the same stage of their companies history.

So maybe a little patience and perseverance will see this wonderful company reach the high standards we all wish for..
2017-3-18
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-18 06:17
Yes the customer service can be very up and down, when you compare it to a company like Apple.

So I will, when Apple was 10 years old just like dji is now, they fired Steve Jobs, some of the worst problematic tech products on the market, late delivery of products was the norm and customer service was  a shambles and the company was going bust.

So it's my fault DJI takes an order they do not intend to ship?  I am not comparing these clowns to Apple, I I get better service out of a gas station.  I am a business owner, and I can tell you that when I take a dollar from a customer they expect something in return.  Basic economics.  What DJI is doing frankly is tantamount to fraud.  

Accepting this level of service, or fraud as it were is ridiculous.  

Maybe I should go to Ford give them $50k and just have patience when they don't bring my car around for a few months?   Listen to yourself.  When you buy a sack of groceries do you take them home, or say, "well I see you don't have any apples right now, here's my money I can't expect you to give me a sack of apples because you are not "APPLE".  

Let me restate, while DJI blows off it's customers after the sale, there is another waiting in the wings to take their share.  I for one look forward to purchasing my next flying camera from someone else.  

Rant over
2017-3-18
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-18 06:17

Hello Hallmark007,

I'm sure you have your reasons for feeling this way about Apple, and I have seen you make this argument more than once.  Respectfully, I worked for Apple from 1982 to 1993 and I don't agree with your assessment at all.  
2017-3-18
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I've dealt with a lot of chinese vendors on bulk orders. This is standard practice. Actually the service from dji is on the good side. A lot of times you will make an agreement and they will always weasel on it, then act like they don't speak english.  {:4_177:} I've seen all the tricks. It doesn't help either they use western names and you feel silly addressing them as Ric or Eathan. I've heard the term escalate used a lot too.

One guy I know, he won't order parts from China anymore, quit altogether, only gets parts sourced from other countries. I'm not sure exactly what the chinese vendor did, but it must have been pretty bad. I ordered a big batch of power coated lights around 800 dollars worth last year, made a deal to get the price down, and they ended up shorting me. Not much you can do either. You eat it.

They devalue currency and the chinese gov subsidizes things like solar panels to drive competition in other countries out of business. They actually sell subsidized items for less than it costs to make them, until there is no more other guy.

Why gopro losing so bad on karma is bad for consumers. If dji is the only game in town there will be no more innovation. You need that other guy breathing down your neck, it's good for everybody. Dji isn't bad for China, seen a lot worse. They over promise it seems.
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We're sincerely sorry for the delay.
I have brought this to the attention of our pre-sales team and they will keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-18 17:39
Hello Hallmark007,

I'm sure you have your reasons for feeling this way about Apple, and I have seen you make this argument more than once.  Respectfully, I worked for Apple from 1982 to 1993 and I don't agree with your assessment at all.

Ah well EastyT , you lived in the US I'm afraid you may have been sheltered from the rest of the worlds problems with Apple, it wasn't that long ago in my country there was a delay and a waiting time of 9 months for iPad 2. And still to this day for all Apple products we must pay upfront and wait for our Apple products to ship.
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Hey Turk,
I get all my accessories from B+H Photo
There Fast and are DJI Dealers
If your in the U.S. try them next time you'll get your order within a week
Save DJI company for your whole DRONE or Controller orders
Hope you get your order soon !!!!
Happy Flyin  
2017-3-19
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-18 23:38
Ah well EastyT , you lived in the US I'm afraid you may have been sheltered from the rest of the worlds problems with Apple, it wasn't that long ago in my country there was a delay and a waiting time of 9 months for iPad 2. And still to this day for all Apple products we must pay upfront and wait for our Apple products to ship.

That is simply not true. Sorry to intervene here as I don't get involved in forum pis#ing contests, but Apple only charges when the item ships from their warehouse to the purchaser. It is standard practice even for pre-orders. This is the case in Canada and also in the U.S. which happens to be one of, if not its largest markets.

I felt wronged by DJI and cancelled my pre-order in November which I had placed at the beginning of October because they took my money instantly and then there was zero truthful communication with customers in regards to when they would receive their Mavic's. I then opted to preorder from Amazon who did not charge me a cent until it shipped to my house.

If there is going to be a delay, be it backordered parts or whatever the reason, DJI should not charge for anything until the item ships.
2017-3-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

i ordered the zenmuse m1 when it first came out with 5-10 day shipping, about 45 days went by and not a word from DJI. So I decided to look on eBay, there was a dealer who had 20 of them, so I bought one, had it in three days and cancelled my DJI order. This has happened with practically everything I have every bought from DJI. Maybe it's a Chinese company thing, I don't know but if a company in the U.S. operated like this they would not be in business very long.
2017-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fallsilent Posted at 2017-3-19 07:27
That is simply not true. Sorry to intervene here as I don't get involved in forum pis#ing contests, but Apple only charges when the item ships from their warehouse to the purchaser. It is standard practice even for pre-orders. This is the case in Canada and also in the U.S. which happens to be one of, if not its largest markets.

I felt wronged by DJI and cancelled my pre-order in November which I had placed at the beginning of October because they took my money instantly and then there was zero truthful communication with customers in regards to when they would receive their Mavic's. I then opted to preorder from Amazon who did not charge me a cent until it shipped to my house.

Well you just got involved in pi**ing contest. In my country you have to pay upfront when ordering from apple, I ordered set of EarPods middle of January due to be delivered next week my card was charged day one, also remember EarPods were released last September, 9 months not bad..

There is a very big world out there if your prepared to look past North America.. lol
2017-3-19
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

I feel compelled to close this thread out.  I would first like to thank DJI Mindy for her efforts.  I can only imagine what a Pain in the rear it is to deal with our petty problems, but it is appreciated.  My order is now shipped.  I am obviously concerned with the user experience of DJI, however there are people that seem to take our concerns seriously on this forum.  Thank you DJI Mindy.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules