Flying in the Woods
1176 13 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGarmon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168865 ft
United States

This is my fourth flight with my P4P, I'm slowly learning as I've never flown a Drone or edited video's before. So any and all commits welcome for any tips, good or bad...LOL.
Taken close to Wallace Falls in Washington State.

2017-3-18
Use props
Propwash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Disable RTH if flying within the the trees, select hover or land in the event of loss of signal.
2017-3-18
Use props
DGarmon75
lvl.2
United States

Good tip, thanks
2017-3-18
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Very nice! Looks real good. Ken
2017-3-18
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

To eliminate the jittering when you pan change your video setting to Manual. Your shutter speed should be twice than your frame per second.
As far as disabling the RTH, I am only talking for myself. If I wouldn't be living in Canada where by law I cannot fly further than 500m and LOS, I wouldn't disable RTH. What if I send the drone 2km away, I have no idea where exactly is or I cannot get closer to reconnect? I may be wrong  but I want to be safe.
2017-3-18
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-18 13:26
To eliminate the jittering when you pan change your video setting to Manual. Your shutter speed should be twice than your frame per second.
As far as disabling the RTH, I am only talking for myself. If I wouldn't be living in Canada where by law I cannot fly further than 500m and LOS, I wouldn't disable RTH. What if I send the drone 2km away, I have no idea where exactly is or I cannot get closer to reconnect? I may be wrong  but I want to be safe.

Callatis:

But wouldn't  you consider disabling RTH if you were flying within line of sight AND below treetop level, that is, within the trees? Then, Hover might just be the best for loss of signal...

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-18
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

Great video, Washington State is fantastic place to capture amazing aerial footage.  Well done!
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It really is lovely scenery, thanks for sharing.
2017-3-18
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

DGarmon75 - good job of filling the frame with the forest and stream; some nice stills in your footage.
2017-3-20
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

DGarmon75 - good job of filling the frame with the forest and stream; some nice stills in your footage; smooth pans. :-)
2017-3-20
Use props
DGarmon75
lvl.2
United States

kyrvas Posted at 2017-3-20 17:19
DGarmon75 - good job of filling the frame with the forest and stream; some nice stills in your footage; smooth pans. :-)

Thanks, I'm trying to learn as much as I can. LOL. I'm use to shooting photos but Videos is a whole new field for me so it's a learning curve. My biggest hurdle was flying through, nerves, I bet I'm shaking after each flight..LOL.
2017-3-21
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

DGarmon75 Posted at 2017-3-21 05:39
Thanks, I'm trying to learn as much as I can. LOL. I'm use to shooting photos but Videos is a whole new field for me so it's a learning curve. My biggest hurdle was flying through, nerves, I bet I'm shaking after each flight..LOL.

Flying near trees, I like wide spaces. I am not comfortable with determining distances to objects when looking into the tablet's screen.
2017-3-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DGarmon75 Posted at 2017-3-21 05:39

Aloha Garmon,

Try these suggestions from previous threads.  Take your time and test out the options following the reasoning in the commentaries.  Nice imagery.  BTW, I live and fly in the jungle.  I guess we have something about trees!

Aloha and Drone On!
Improve Video.jpg
Improve Video2.jpg
SmoothPANs.png
2017-3-23
Use props
DGarmon75
lvl.2
United States

Awesome Guys\Gals, thank you so much and I will differently take this and try to use\learn even more....This is the a completely new field for me and loving every minute of it...More Videos will be coming once our Washington weather starts to clear and warm up...LOL.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules