Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller Bricked
2717 13 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jcox3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494806 ft
United States

I just got my Mavic back yesterday after almost 4 weeks in repair, and  I'm Beyond annoyed. After unboxing and updating the drone, the  controller started it's update via the assistant ,failed and is now  bricked. I have tried connecting to DJI assistant on a Mac and PC  neither will show the controller connected, it shows the drone no  problem.

I have tried connecting my iphone to the side port and  the bottom port on the controller no luck, the controller just says  connecting. I have followed the youtube video on how to link the  controller, no luck, I have held c1 c2 and record no sound is played.

I  really want an new controller overnighted but given the great support  of DJI i doubt that will happen. I guess my mavic will become a display  only item and never see much air time.

The case number for the repair was CAS-465188-V0G0M3

2017-3-18
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.4
United States

I'm trying to open a new case but the system keeps timing out.

I was able to submit a new support query, 468494
2017-3-18
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.4
United States

I found that article and followed the steps but with no success.

I think it is a firware issue more than a linking issue.
2017-3-18
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/lin ... ller-with-aircraft/
2017-3-18
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Yeah if it won't even show the controller up on the phone, could be bricked. All can think of is try another cable to both ports and use the assistant. If the assistant connects to the mavic, it should connect to the controller.

Hopefully it's something like that. I would think dji have a reset on these things, where you can restore to a known factory image of the firmware.
2017-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jcox3, when connecting your phone to the remote controller without connecting to the aircraft, will the DJI GO app shows "RC CONNECTED"?
Please refer to the screenshot. dji go.png
2017-3-19
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-19 01:13
Hi Jcox3, when connecting your phone to the remote controller without connecting to the aircraft, will the DJI GO app shows "RC CONNECTED"?
Please refer to the screenshot.[view_image]

I show disconnected when I connect my phone to the controller. I have used the standard cable supllied with the contorller and have also used a standard iphone cable on the bottom of the contoller.

IMG_9428.PNG
IMG_9429.JPG
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jcox3 Posted at 2017-3-19 05:32
I show disconnected when I connect my phone to the controller. I have used the standard cable supllied with the contorller and have also used a standard iphone cable on the bottom of the contoller.

Did you turn on the RC right after connecting it to the computer?
If you connect the RC to the computer when the RC is turning on, DJI Assistant cannot recognize it.
Please try again.
Besides, please try to downgrade the aircraft firmware then re-link RC with the aircraft.
If still no improvement, please send it in and let me know the case number.
I'll help to escalate it for you.
2017-3-19
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-19 19:14
If you connect the RC to the computer when the RC is turning on, DJI Assistant cannot recognize it.
Please try again.

yes I connected it to the computers with DJI assistant running, then turned the controller on, it would not connect.

I downgraded the drone and it did not reconnect.

Do I send the drone also? How do I get faster shipping from DJI? last time I paid out of pocket to overnight it for it to sit for a month then to be fixed the day I come back from vacation.
2017-3-20
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-19 19:14
Please try again.

Case CAS-519451-L1Z5Y6 has been opened for the RC
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jcox3 Posted at 2017-3-20 17:22
Case CAS-519451-L1Z5Y6 has been opened for the RC

Thank you for your update.
I have brought this to the attention of our support team and we will escalate the case for you.
2017-3-21
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.4
United States

Is there a backlog of controller repairs? I was hoping this would have been a quick turn around.
2017-4-2
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.4
United States

OK, seriously where is my controller? In the 5 months since I received my Mavic it has been with DJI for over 2 months for 3 different manufacturing issues. If I could return it at this point I would and purchase it from a retailer that I can actually return it to and a get a new one same day, let them deal with the defects.

I've chatted with support 3 differnt times last week and sitting in the que right now. Everytime they tell me to wait until the end of the week for shipping.
2017-4-10
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276063 ft
United Kingdom

I have had this exact problem myself, but still can't fix the controller.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules