Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spot the P3 pro clip in Mavic South East Asia montage
651 2 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Icondacarver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41220 ft
United Kingdom

So just completed a trip to South East Asia for a wedding  / holiday.

Drone noob and did not have my Mavic back from dji so was using my cousins. Please feedback on the editing, colour balance etc as tried different things for different shots. Drone not perfectly level on a few but I was normally being hassled by an impatient girlfriend to keep flights short.

Main question is I used a P3 pro to shot one bit (not the start...Go-Pro), personally it was better quality than all the Mavic stuff in the rest of the video but can you tell which scene it is and do you think it is better?

2017-3-19
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain: I like the mavic for obvious portability reasons but it has not blew me away with camera quality.  I was out yesterday flying the mavic and I also had my Sony AS200 action camera mounted to the side of my head filming at the same time.  In a sense, my head was positioned for the Sony to look at similar footage that the mavic was filming and I must be honest; the comparison was undeniable for the 200 dollar Sony's video quality blew the mavic right out of the rating scheme.  

I keep trying to like the camera on the Mavic and I read so many posts where people rave about the video and photo quality but in most cases for me, the camera quality is much lacking.  I don't really trust my camera knowledge to use the mavic for shooting important video scenes and will continue to use my P4 unless I have to travel.  For me, the P4 shoots decent video period.  Just power it up and hit record and in most cases you get acceptable image quality.  
2017-3-19
Use props
Dronebae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41220 ft
United Kingdom

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-3-19 07:01
I feel your pain: I like the mavic for obvious portability reasons but it has not blew me away with camera quality.  I was out yesterday flying the mavic and I also had my Sony AS200 action camera mounted to the side of my head filming at the same time.  In a sense, my head was positioned for the Sony to look at similar footage that the mavic was filming and I must be honest; the comparison was undeniable for the 200 dollar Sony's video quality blew the mavic right out of the rating scheme.  

I keep trying to like the camera on the Mavic and I read so many posts where people rave about the video and photo quality but in most cases for me, the camera quality is much lacking.  I don't really trust my camera knowledge to use the mavic for shooting important video scenes and will continue to use my P4 unless I have to travel.  For me, the P4 shoots decent video period.  Just power it up and hit record and in most cases you get acceptable image quality.

This, I feel like I have to work hard to get great shots from the Mavic. Will probably shell out on a P4 too at some point
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules