Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Choppy Facebook Live
6306 10 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2a20992d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1920810 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,

I am using Osmo+ and iPhone 5S with  LTE 30/12+ mps and iPad Mini 4 with LTE 30/30+ mbps. No matter which device, every 1-2 second the picture jumps -  like you get a frame that is out of order. When steady picture you can hardly notice but when moving it is very anoying. Sound is okey. Also when using the ipad the connection usually breaks after 2-5 min.

Examples:
https://www.facebook.com/AALiveTest-270132743427014/

Anybody else experiencing similar behaviour?

I think I also have seen similar behaviour from livstream from Phantom 3 pro, but thought it was the live feed from the drone.

All newest apps pr today. FB 84.0 - DJI GO 3.1.5 - osx 10.2.1 / 10.3 (beta 6)

Do I need newer, more powerful devices? What is recommended? Iphone 6S?

Bård Ove

2017-3-19
Use props
voov20
New

Hong Kong

similar problem here. using DJI GO (iOS) v3.1.5(2775), iPhone 6S iOS 10.2.1, streaming to YouTube, the stream quality is bad. big squares showing in the video.

but Android version of DJI GO v3.1.3(585) does not experience this problem.

other rtmp app (e.g. Switcher) in the same iPhone 6S has no such problem too.

pls help us...

thanks!
2017-3-19
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Here you go, the problem, and the fix:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLMYQjftpOcUPXEkNi48OW67J9L-OtjZhV&v=8mqJR9RzPAs

He starts talking about it at 20:25 as I recall.

Basically the app is useless for this so you have to use periscope instead then link that to your Facebook account.
2017-3-19
Use props
BaardOve
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

9245 Posted at 2017-3-19 20:26

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLMYQjftpOcUPXEkNi48OW67J9L-OtjZhV&v=8mqJR9RzPAs

Thanks. But that is not a fix, more  a work around. And doesnt help me. Periscope doesnt seem to work with Osmo+. I get the drone symbol, but the video doesnt switch to Osmo.
2017-3-20
Use props
BaardOve
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

I found this after some searching. Looks interesting. http://cosmostreamer.com/
2017-3-20
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

How well does the latest version of DJI GO work with Facebook Live and the OSMO? With my Osmo Mobile, I just use the Facebook app directly and don't use the DJI GO at all since the phone does all the work. I am considering and OSMO or OSMO+ for longer facebook/Youtube live projects, but can't quite confirm how well it works. Will the OSMO+ work over wifi or just cellular for live streaming? Has anyone tried streaming for 45 minutes or longer?
Thanks!
2017-4-12
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

jeffbake Posted at 2017-4-12 08:01
How well does the latest version of DJI GO work with Facebook Live and the OSMO? With my Osmo Mobile, I just use the Facebook app directly and don't use the DJI GO at all since the phone does all the work. I am considering and OSMO or OSMO+ for longer facebook/Youtube live projects, but can't quite confirm how well it works. Will the OSMO+ work over wifi or just cellular for live streaming? Has anyone tried streaming for 45 minutes or longer?
Thanks!

Latest version has problems too, I just shot a Facebook live and basically lost half it's content to constant disconnects.I thought of "everything"n though and backed up the live with recorded into the SD card, however the audio was unusable, making the endeavor useless. Now I guess if I want the lens and camera quality of the X5 I need to not only record to the SD card but use a separate backup audio recorder like an iPhone or something of the sort, I am totally bummed out, most likely will scrap the Osmo Pro for any serious broadcast and go back to the iPhone{:4_117:}
2017-4-19
Use props
womanphoto66
New

United States

yes i just tried live stream through the OSMO and Facebook. Was choppy and missing some frames. Didn't sync voice either.
2017-4-23
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

womanphoto66 Posted at 2017-4-23 09:49
yes i just tried live stream through the OSMO and Facebook. Was choppy and missing some frames. Didn't sync voice either.

Frankly using the iPhone alone in the Facebook app also produces videos with out of sync voice regularly, I think it might be a combination of fb live and network being used. I'm having lots of connection problems at my work, The other day I did a fb live from an office within my complex. We know the the wi-fi doesn't work since it's being used for the Osmo to communicate with the i devise (I use an iPad Air 2, same i use with my inspire) and we got through the whole 5 minute session apparently with no issues, I recorded it on the SD card also just in case we had issues. Well, even though it never gave me an indication of a disconnect, the live was chopped up into useless sections, unfortunately I couldn't use the video backup as it had no audio and I was dependent on the audio from the fb live. That will never happen again. Funny enough image quality was very good, which makes me even more angry about the dropouts. Today I did another one that had disconnects one so long it forced me to stop delete and restart also changing from LTE to wi fi as I was not using the Osmo only to at the end give me multiple dropout warnings. When we played back the video it actually stops 3/4 of the way and didn't save to my devise. Another thing that bothers me about the fb live, is that as far as I can tell it doesn't permit saving to the devise which makes for an additional backup. oh well
2017-4-24
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>

mixchief Posted at 2017-4-24 20:08
Frankly using the iPhone alone in the Facebook app also produces videos with out of sync voice regularly, I think it might be a combination of fb live and network being used. I'm having lots of connection problems at my work, The other day I did a fb live from an office within my complex. We know the the wi-fi doesn't work since it's being used for the Osmo to communicate with the i devise (I use an iPad Air 2, same i use with my inspire) and we got through the whole 5 minute session apparently with no issues, I recorded it on the SD card also just in case we had issues. Well, even though it never gave me an indication of a disconnect, the live was chopped up into useless sections, unfortunately I couldn't use the video backup as it had no audio and I was dependent on the audio from the fb live. That will never happen again. Funny enough image quality was very good, which makes me even more angry about the dropouts. Today I did another one that had disconnects one so long it forced me to stop delete and restart also changing from LTE to wi fi as I was not using the Osmo only to at the end give me multiple dropout warnings. When we played back the video it actually stops 3/4 of the way and didn't save to my devise. Another thing that bothers me about the fb live, is that as far as I can tell it doesn't permit saving to the devise which makes for an additional backup. oh well

The DJI GO app with Facebook Live is trash, absolute garbage. Constantly misses big chunks of the stream, skips, lags. What the heck DJI?

This makes the device useless for those who want to only do live streams as far as I am concerned.
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_K5kI1Gm1RICf
lvl.2
  • >>>

9245 Posted at 2017-3-19 20:26

The only thing is that Pericscope is a fail because it doesn't auto play live Facebook streams. It shows as a static graphic and you have to click on it not once but twice to play it? Fail.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules