Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quick show of hands
667 7 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UltraDan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Who here reckons its worth updating to latest firmware and who doesnt? I have a p4p running the last firmware before this new update and find it to be pretty stable, the gimbal horizon issues are present but im mostly photo so can live with it. Other than that being fixed i csnt complain. Very dubious to update after hearing some of the horror stories on here ...

Yay or nay?
2017-3-19
Use props
Pope
New

United States

I vote for update.
2017-3-19
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it ain,t broke, don't fix it,
2017-3-19
Use props
m1shootr
First Officer
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Update successful and no problems. Have flown with DJI GO 4 and Litchi.
2017-3-19
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-3-19 12:43
If it ain,t broke, don't fix it,

I'm pretty much in that boat, however if there is any incident (hopefully not!) you just know that your gonna be up the creek without a paddle the minute you say you haven't got the latest firmware on the craft.
2017-3-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Update. I've flown my P4P and had NO problems with it (and it maintained a level horizon through two flights of videoing). I also liked the AFC - kept everything sharp.

But start the update with a cool craft - power it up as soon after Assistant 2 V1.1.0  is ready to detect the USB connection (note that I Never update the craft via WiFi but via direct connection). And then only do the VPS calibration, and a gimbal calibration following.

And go with the RC update too.
2017-3-19
Use props
fans294f0317
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47274 ft
United States

I give it 3 or 4 days to see if there is a flood of complaints. If not then I update everything, batteries included. Biggest risk is if you get various software out of sync.
2017-3-19
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Did the firmware update, only had chance to do a very quick test flight this morning so I will not pass final judgement until I have checked thoroughly. Initial finding look as if the gimbal roll has got worse, I'd actually go as far as to say that its horrendous now, and before anyone says it I did a full IMU recalibration after leaving the unit outside for 20 mins in 5 degree temp (uk)  and re calibrating the gimbal on a level bit of ground.
So, if this is the case - what are my options - what is the procedure - do I send it to DJI? do they fix my unit or do they send me another unit? Anyone been through how it works? My problem is A) I'm in the UK so shipping is gonna add to my woes as I presume its gotta go back to America or China? B) I'm away on a trip in two weeks, for two weeks soI cant do anything till after that and I am needing to use the drone whilst on this trip.
Really disappointed that its come to this, and to think - this is the "pro" version... what a shambles. Sad thing is the Image quality out of this thing is epic but whats the point if you have wonky footage?

Any info on the procedure is really appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

Instagram: dan__hunter
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules