MAVIC PRO and DJI Go4 connection issue
11218 7 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Saintflyer
New

United States

All,
Has any one found a fix to the DJI Go4 App not connecting to the Mavic Pro?

No matter what start up sequence I try it will not connect. Highly fustrating to say the very least!!

Controller always comes on in 'Basic' / 'Begineer' mode if that means anything?

Controller connects to the aircraft and I can start the props etc, but does not have connectivity to the Mavic camera?

DJI Mavic Pro Go4 comes up and always shows 'Disconnected'.

Mavic is in 'RC mode' not 'WiFi' mode.

Been connecting my iPad Mini via USB to the Mavic controller. Trying anyways, never works....

One other thing the DJI Assistance 2 always wants to connect to an Inspire, not a Mavic?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Fustrated user...

Thanks, Jeff
2017-3-19
Use props
Zorker
lvl.1

United States

Have you tried going through the pairing process to see if that helps?
2017-3-19
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

Hi Jeff. This helped me when I had this issue.

1) Ensure both RC & Mavic are both on the same Firmware. This can be checked and updated via DJI Assistan 2

2) Open DJI GO 4 App  1st and always 1st. DJI GO App is not for Mavic Pro Use.

3) ALWAYS turn on RC before Mavic Pro. Turn on RC

4) Last in this sequence turn on Mavic Pro

Hope this helps
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Jeff, "Disconnected" means your device is not connect with the controller successfully.
Were you using the bottom USB port or the micro USB port?
Ensure to disconnect the RC cable from the micro USB port on the RC when using a USB cable.
2017-3-19
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I had this problem over the weekend flew three or four times and had the controller lockup froze kind of a scary situation brought it home and hooked it up to DJI assistant 2 checked and found that I had in complete modules in the remote reset everything and it ran great
2017-3-20
Use props
Olivier40300
New
Flight distance : 70069 ft
France

I get the same issue with my IOS device. It never happened prior the last update release. Really scaring when your device is not more connected during your flight!
2017-3-24
Use props
philjory
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Turn on RC, Turn on A/C, Conect ipad, Turn off ipad with top button , turn on ipad , Turn on DJI GO and your away.
2017-3-24
Use props
djiuser_3bo671l
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215942 ft
United States

If I may be able to shed some light on a connectivity/control issue with the MAVIC PRO's controller connecting to a SAMSUNG MOTO Z - Android ver. 17.1.1., maybe you'll using this Android version and phone already got it, and congrats to you.
I found out by connecting your phones charging cable's USB to the bottom of the controller and the mini USB end to your phones charging port. The length of the cable is a pain and I'm gonna find the shortest one I can and go with that. Make sure you unplug the mini USB cable going into the side of the controller or this won't work. Anyhoo, I connected my charging cable to to the phone and USB Port on underside of the controller, opened up the DJI GO 4 App. and I'll be damned, the app walked me they my loving and set up bs and Wallah- I got Beautiful Video and full control of my MAVIC PRO using the DJI GO 4 APP. It's a shame that you have to modify your connection from Phone to Controller, but by-God, I'm flying and the App is awesome.
Hope this helps anyone out there having connectivity issues with Android 17.1.1 on the MOTO Z....thanks for reading, Tommy R
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules