Transmission signal Weak
3356 6 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RudeBoyVI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81191 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

After a months of calling tech support someone finally recommended to have my Inspire 1 pro send in for repair. I had been having issuses with Weak Transmission Signal for months, now the AC was out of warranty tech support finally recommended that the AC needed to be repaired, how about that?  I sent the AC with the remotes to the repair center and within a few days I received an email with an estimate for the repair. Items to be replace were the landing gear set and the Gimbal & Mounting Platet. I was upset that I was being charge for an issue i had for months in warranty. Anyway, I wanted a working AC so I paid. I have tested the Inspire 1 Pro and I am still have the same issues, the screen will go in and out and start working properly then in mid flight I would get the same message 'Weak Transmission Signal' next, the message to return to home would pop-up. The Ac is always in line of sight so I would ignore and land.  I have tried different locations, different batteries and get the same results. DJI please help my case number is CAS 400852-P0C0B7
2017-3-19
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you have a crash by any chance ?  I mean this could come downt to some obscure circuit board on the Main controller inside the aircraft...... but then again .. who knows, try my suggestins below and see if you can get any improvement to your system .  

What are you using for the go app device ?  many times  ( not always ) the problem is NOT the  DJI system but the Go app device. At the very least please try another go app device if you have not already, this can eliminate the source of the problem .  More on this in a minute.

One thing to get the best from the aircraft to the RC is to make sure the aircraft is either pointing directly at you or directly away from you , You can tell by the visual of course and also look at the radar image on the bottom of the go app .This can make a huge difference  when getting spotty reception , this is because the antennas are located on the direct from and back of the aircraft. Also always keep the aircraft in line of sight like a laser beam  ( and the front or back of AC  pointing directly back to the RC transmitter ) , anything breaking that beam will drastically cut  reception .

Also go to the Image transmission page and see how "busy " the channels are in your area, if they are full of red lines then you have a problem in that area that will be difficult to overcome.  You may want to do the 32 channel Update .   

So start with the go app, If  You can get your hands on an I pad air or Pro with an A8 processor you can at least narrow  down where the problem  is.  I really would start here, can't tell you how many times this has solved the issue.  Be sure You have NO other apps running in the background  as well when using the go app.  

Another thing to try is sometimes the mounting plate on the camera gimbal is to tight and needs to have just a slight amount of play  or you may have  an issue here as well.  This will be the plate on the camera gimbal  that mounts to the vibration board, there are two screws, just loosen then a slight amount and see if the condition  improves.

So here are some ideas to try , let me know if they help .  In addition to getting an I pad or Pro to test with I have made a tips page , please read it and see if any help you.
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !
donnie
2017-3-20
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

T his video will help as well, gives a good idea of what I mean .

2017-3-20
Use props
RudeBoyVI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81191 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

Donnie * Posted at 2017-3-20 06:03
Did you have a crash by any chance ?  I mean this could come downt to some obscure circuit board on the Main controller inside the aircraft...... but then again .. who knows, try my suggestins below and see if you can get any improvement to your system .  

What are you using for the go app device ?  many times  ( not always ) the problem is NOT the  DJI system but the Go app device. At the very least please try another go app device if you have not already, this can eliminate the source of the problem .  More on this in a minute.

Hi Donnie,  I did not crash. I am using a iPad Min 4, and the x5. I also use a hard case made for the Inspire in landing mode. Basically the camera is hardly removed.  With all that said, I did find your tips helpful as far as start-up, remote, drone and then the app. I cleared all back ground running apps. the flight went well but I still had 'Weak Transmission Signal' issues at the end of the flight.
I moved the antennas and it seemed to work.
I will look at the channels tomorrow. Thanks!
2017-3-20
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RudeBoyVI Posted at 2017-3-20 19:09
Hi Donnie,  I did not crash. I am using a iPad Min 4, and the x5. I also use a hard case made for the Inspire in landing mode. Basically the camera is hardly removed.  With all that said, I did find your tips helpful as far as start-up, remote, drone and then the app. I cleared all back ground running apps. the flight went well but I still had 'Weak Transmission Signal' issues at the end of the flight.
I moved the antennas and it seemed to work.
I will look at the channels tomorrow. Thanks!

Be sure to try keeping the craft orientated directly back or directly forward in relation to the transmitter.  try this next time you have a week  video signal .  

Be sure to enable" hardware decode"  on the go app, this can sometimes make a huge difference  in video reception .

donnie
2017-3-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you haven't read this post on the similar subject. Please look at post's 16 & 17  Link  This is an overlooked possibility when the camera is mounted to the mounting base on the Inspire.  Even if you do not remove the camera much, these contacts are important.   I have found that using a good quality contact cleaner / lube....  it also works very nicely on the USB connector for the device to the remote.

lubricates and improves conductivity on metal connectors and contacts:
DeoxITLiquid

Rich
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-3-20 06:03

Try Rich's advice and see if that helps. In addition, you might want to give the contacts on the gimbal itsels a wipe for good measure. Just to clarify, is your iPad up to date software wise? Could you verify which Go app version you're running?
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules