Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just packaged my Mavic up for warranty repair.
123Next >
3634 98 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Just packaged my Mavic up for warranty repair for the dreaded blur issue on the right side of my pictures and videos. Here is hoping they are quick and I receive a better one than this one. Wish me luck. So far online chat support has been quick and helpful. I will report back.
2017-3-20
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

I'm in my second replacement at the moment, it will take us up to 3 weeks in Europe for a replacement to arrive.
2017-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you asked me, that blur issue is a firmware problem, hope you get sorted..
2017-3-20
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

I'll pray for you mmee! seriously.
2017-3-20
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-20 02:49

Hi Hallmark, can you elaborate on this one? I have this also and I'm on ....300 what should solve it from a software perspective? I would love to have it fixed without returning it?
2017-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-20 03:36
Hi Hallmark, can you elaborate on this one? I have this also and I'm on ....300 what should solve it from a software perspective? I would love to have it fixed without returning it?

This was a problem with P4 when it came out last year over a period of 2/3 months it was corrected with firmware/ software updates.
I don't believe it's any different with Mavic, P4p is also having this problem  although not as much, , and although there are some who are sending there Mavics back I have not seen or heard from many that dji were able to correct this problem in fact some have been returned with problem the same.

I have this problem but only very slight I find with some minor camera setting changes and a little xtra work in post helps , so I'm prepared to wait for a software/firmware fix, I do have a p4p with no problems so if it's something I need to be right then I will use p4p.
2017-3-20
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-20 06:23
This was a problem with P4 when it came out last year over a period of 2/3 months it was corrected with firmware/ software updates.
I don't believe it's any different with Mavic, P4p is also having this problem  although not as much, , and although there are some who are sending there Mavics back I have not seen or heard from many that dji were able to correct this problem in fact some have been returned with problem the same.

Thanks for taking the time to answer Hallmark. It really sounds great if it is software related as you say. However my concern is that i'm afraid that my warranty period will end before the "update" comes along. I have a "big" problem with my quality regardless of HW or SW at the moment, have to crop so much from photos that it's not usable somehow (selling some photos to stock agencies) and the pictures are to small after that crop to be used in these agencies.

I have also read that many get the "new" ones back with the same problem but also read that some have gotten it fixed which is so strange. I don't understand why some work and some don't if it's software related. I'm not technical by no means so there might be some logical explanation to it that I don't get.

The upside is that I think this little machine produces really good photos to 85-90 procent of the frame where it is "good" and I have gone from disappointed to really happy about the photo quality. I guess it must be really good with the P4P based on a better camera.

I'm also a little "afraid" swapping AC since mine is behaving so very good in all other aspects.
Have a nice evening
2017-3-20
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you do return the Mavic under these circumstances, who pays for the shipping?
2017-3-20
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Netherlands

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-3-20 07:23
If you do return the Mavic under these circumstances, who pays for the shipping?

In my case DJI paid the shipping fee both times.
2017-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-20 06:42
Thanks for taking the time to answer Hallmark. It really sounds great if it is software related as you say. However my concern is that i'm afraid that my warranty period will end before the "update" comes along. I have a "big" problem with my quality regardless of HW or SW at the moment, have to crop so much from photos that it's not usable somehow (selling some photos to stock agencies) and the pictures are to small after that crop to be used in these agencies.

I have also read that many get the "new" ones back with the same problem but also read that some have gotten it fixed which is so strange. I don't understand why some work and some don't if it's software related. I'm not technical by no means so there might be some logical explanation to it that I don't get.

I suppose in your case, if you have a two week period when you know you won't be using the Mavic , arrange a ticket an ship it off, dji will take care of shipping .

Good luck..
2017-3-20
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Peut Posted at 2017-3-20 07:26
In my case DJI paid the shipping fee both times.

Was it ground? or Next day?
2017-3-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Good luck, hope you get it back soon!
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

It very well could be but I would hate for it to not be a firmware problem and then my warranty is up 6 months later and I have a bad camera. Also if it was a firmware issue I doubt DJI would be wasting all their time and money taking them back in and replacing them. When I submitted my request they didn't even really ask for proof. They looked at a screenshot from a video and said to send it in. I received my case number and shipping label almost immediately.
2017-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mmee Posted at 2017-3-20 10:02
It very well could be but I would hate for it to not be a firmware problem and then my warranty is up 6 months later and I have a bad camera. Also if it was a firmware issue I doubt DJI would be wasting all their time and money taking them back in and replacing them. When I submitted my request they didn't even really ask for proof. They looked at a screenshot from a video and said to send it in. I received my case number and shipping label almost immediately.

I'm not to sure, it could be they want them back for testing, who knows dji are a bit backward when it comes to explaining what exactly is going on.
Let us know how you get on..

Good luck..
2017-3-20
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-20 09:04
I suppose in your case, if you have a two week period when you know you won't be using the Mavic , arrange a ticket an ship it off, dji will take care of shipping .

Good luck..

I'm currently exchanging some information with DJI so let us hope that all will be sorted out.

btw are the weather (flying conditions) good in Ireland now?  
Thank you and best wishes
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-20 10:08
I'm not to sure, it could be they want them back for testing, who knows dji are a bit backward when it comes to explaining what exactly is going on.
Let us know how you get on..

That is very true. I will definitely report back.
2017-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-20 10:13
I'm currently exchanging some information with DJI so let us hope that all will be sorted out.

btw are the weather (flying conditions) good in Ireland now?  

Bit hit and miss at the minute but should be ok from end of March .
2017-3-20
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

I sent my drone in a week ago. It still has not been marked as received. I`ve started a detailed thread about the whole replacement process.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid731075
2017-3-20
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-20 10:21
Bit hit and miss at the minute but should be ok from end of March .

Then let us hope that time flies
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-20 10:20
I sent my drone in a week ago. It still has not been marked as received. I`ve started a detailed thread about the whole replacement process.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid731075

Im sorry your are waiting with uncertainty. That is never fun. I live pretty close to the California repair center so I am hoping that speeds up my process a bit.
2017-3-20
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

mmee Posted at 2017-3-20 10:30
Im sorry your are waiting with uncertainty. That is never fun. I live pretty close to the California repair center so I am hoping that speeds up my process a bit.

I hope you get yours fast back. But living next to the facility doesnt mean anything. I shipped it on Monday and it was at DJI at Tuesday.
But maybe you can have a beer with someone from the DJI facility when it is next to you. That may speed up things
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-20 11:41
I hope you get yours fast back. But living next to the facility doesnt mean anything. I shipped it on Monday and it was at DJI at Tuesday.
But maybe you can have a beer with someone from the DJI facility when it is next to you. That may speed up things

I meant in terms of not having to wait too long for shipping. But yeah of course you're right, in the queue I go!
2017-3-20
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Netherlands

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-3-20 09:50
Was it ground? or Next day?

It is shipped by ground. I live in The Netherlands and the DJI Service Center is about 60 km from where I live, it was delivered next day.
2017-3-20
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

The P4 had a "blurry" picture across the screen caused by bad compression. The mavic has an optical problem where part of the picture is out of focus due to a misaligned sensor and lens installed in the factory. No way it can be resolved via firmware.
2017-3-20
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Package was sent via UPS yesterday 3/20 and it shows delivered today 3/21. I will update once DJI updates as received on their end. It is at the California Repair Facility.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mmee Posted at 2017-3-21 13:21
Package was sent via UPS yesterday 3/20 and it shows delivered today 3/21. I will update once DJI updates as received on their end. It is at the California Repair Facility.

Could you please provide me with your case number?
It will takes several days to be received in and moved through logistics and to the correct department.
I'll help to add a note to your case.
2017-3-21
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 19:58
Could you please provide me with your case number?
It will takes several days to be received in and moved through logistics and to the correct department.
I'll help to add a note to your case.

Hello Mindy! I will PM you with my Case number now.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mmee Posted at 2017-3-21 20:37
Hello Mindy! I will PM you with my Case number now.

Copy that. I have added your dropbox link to your case as well.
Thank you for your patience.
2017-3-22
Use props
Grotto13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-22 01:08

Hi Mindy can you also check into my case for me please?  I have a few questions as well I'd like to pm you about if I can . Thanks. Case# CAS-485098-W9Z1M9
Matt
2017-3-22
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-22 01:08

Thank you so much!
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-3-22 01:17
Hi Mindy can you also check into my case for me please?  I have a few questions as well I'd like to pm you about if I can . Thanks. Case# CAS-485098-W9Z1M9
Matt

Hi Matt, I have checked your case. Your package was delivered on March. 15.
And your case has been updated early today.
2017-3-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I had this exact problem (bad focus on right side). Sent my Mavic in for a warranty repair and got a replacement in two weeks (back from California) that now has good focus. No issues since then.
2017-3-23
Use props
Grotto13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-23 00:43
Hi Matt, I have checked your case. Your package was delivered on March. 15.
And your case has been updated early today.

Thanks Again Mindy for all the help over there. I understand you guys are backed up and things take time for resolve. I sent you a big pm lgiving you some more details about my case. It is great that you guys have this forum and monitor it constantly to help out and expedite everyone. All the moderators really are so very helpful so thank you to ALL!,
2017-3-23
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-3-23 06:00
I had this exact problem (bad focus on right side). Sent my Mavic in for a warranty repair and got a replacement in two weeks (back from California) that now has good focus. No issues since then.

How long ago was this?
2017-3-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

mmee Posted at 2017-3-23 12:30
How long ago was this?

I sent the Mavic back in early December.
2017-3-23
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Sent via UPS 3/20 DJI Physically received the Mavic on 3/21 according to UPS tracking. 3/27 DJI has marked it as received and I received an email saying I should look back in 1 business day to find the damage assessment. I will keep the updates coming in as I get more info. Hopefully from this point forward it should be quick.
2017-3-27
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Good luck!!! Mine has been 1. 'Under Repair' since March 10th, check it every day...still waiting(Y)
2017-3-27
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-27 22:45
Good luck!!! Mine has been 1. 'Under Repair' since March 10th, check it every day...still waiting(Y)

Which facility is you Mavic at?
2017-3-28
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-20 06:23

This is not true. I was one of the first people to receive my Mavic when it first came out. I had the same issues with a blurry left hand side of the screen. I contacted support and sent back in my Mavic. I got it back a couple days later and it was a different Mavic with the blurry screen issue RESOLVED. It's not related to firmware but how the lens was put together in the factory.

My original post on 11/18 - http://forum.dji.com/thread-72585-1-1.html
2017-3-28
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

mmee Posted at 2017-3-28 10:35
Which facility is you Mavic at?

Germany..yours?
2017-3-28