Question for Litchi users
2281 11 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Ill be leaving for a 3 week vacation soon, I literally bought this drone for this trip... Ive spent the last month+ learning the ins and outs of this drone.  Since the DJI Go 4 app has become basically useless on Android, would you say Litchi is a good alternative? Does Litchi even work properly with the Samsung phones? Is the interface similar enough to learn on the fly?

How has there not been an update/patch yet? Im sick of DJI 'customer service' saying this is a Samsung problem... Lies!
2017-3-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

If you dont want to get an iPhone, you can purchase an iPad mini 2 for a good deal. iOS user dont have near the amount of problems as android users do.
2017-3-20
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

litchi works great,i had crash issues with dji go on nvidia shield k1 version 7.0 no issues with litchi,i have just downgraded the firmware on the shield back to 6.01 now dji go works with no crashes.
2017-3-20
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

litchi works great,i had crash issues with dji go on nvidia shield k1 version 7.0 no issues with litchi,i have just downgraded the firmware on the shield back to 6.01 now dji go works with no crashes.
2017-3-20
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi works fine with Samsung's phones, to my knowledge. Tested on S7 Edge (with Nougat) and Note 3.
You'll also have access to Google Maps, which is a big plus depending where you're going in vacation. I'm also leaving for vacation in 2 weeks to france and heard that Here was pretty useless there. So I'll plan to use Litchi with Google Maps.

Litchi is pretty straightforward, tho, it's missing the Tripod mode . It does include Waypoints, which is quite easy to use.

My only gripe with Litchi is that there is no "land" button. In some instance, I do like to force the drone to come down to land, at it's given position.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I had read that is anything happen while using Litchi, DJI is likely to Void Warranty - so use at your own risk.
It's a shame truly that the best phones on the market are cripped with a compatibility issue between OS and DJI Go 4 App.

Edit 2: Also found this on the website:
March 7th, 2017 - There is currently an issue with the latest firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.
2017-3-20
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Maybe they are doing this to discourage you from using other sw?
2017-3-20
Use props
fans8bc68e3b
New

United States

The warning is from Litchi, not DJI.
There is no RTH button and if you cancel mission when using Waypoint Mavic would automatically RTH, but it does not work 100% of time and I was unable to control it on landing
2017-3-21
Use props
fansa2c24773
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone had an issue with litchi VR mode and bad video transmission? I'm using a galaxy S5 and everything works smoothly with no lag for about 2 min, then it becomes so choppy it's not flyable.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-20 07:03
Litchi works fine with Samsung's phones, to my knowledge. Tested on S7 Edge (with Nougat) and Note 3.
You'll also have access to Google Maps, which is a big plus depending where you're going in vacation. I'm also leaving for vacation in 2 weeks to france and heard that Here was pretty useless there. So I'll plan to use Litchi with Google Maps.

The best phones on the market work just fine with the DJI go app. It's Android phones that have the problem.LOL
2017-5-3
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2e9aa3da Posted at 2017-5-3 16:56
The best phones on the market work just fine with the DJI go app. It's Android phones that have the problem.LOL

Samsung's phones are Android phones...
2017-5-3
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

chalde Posted at 2017-5-3 19:10
Samsung's phones are Android phones...

He is not talking about Samsung
2017-5-3
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-20 07:03

Bind homepoint at ac. Then when need to land it somewhere, reset gimbal down, find a spot and issue rth. It's pretty safe that way
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules