P3-4K can't render in 1080, only 4K (crashes)
703 3 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
codylerephoto
lvl.2
United States

Hello, I have the Phantom 3 4K and unfortunately crashed a few months back after some surprise and unforceasted wind blew in suddenly. Since crashing, my gimbal has acted up a little causing my camera to twitch to the side occasionally. Anyways, that's not my primary issue. After doing some recording, I decided the look of 1080p/60 is much better than 4K. Upon rendering my video clips, anything that is recorded at 1080p/60 causes any software I use it in to crash (Premiere pro, vegas video, even converters). Anything recorded at 4K renders just fine. I can't tell if 1080/60 worked before the crash or not because I never recorded at that quality prior. I haven't tried all of the other resolutions yet but will do that and report back. These are all recorded in the .mov format.

The video is able to play all the way through in VLC just fine but it can't be rendered in any software.

2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure why that would happen, have you tried a different editing program to see if it still does it?
2017-3-20
Use props
codylerephoto
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-20 11:56
I'm not sure why that would happen, have you tried a different editing program to see if it still does it?

Yes, tried both Sony Vegas and adobe premiere. The 4K clips and clips from my dslr render fine. It's only the 1080/60 that crashes every time. Even adobe support remotef in to help and that was the conclusion.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

codylerephoto Posted at 2017-3-21 08:45
Yes, tried both Sony Vegas and adobe premiere. The 4K clips and clips from my dslr render fine. It's only the 1080/60 that crashes every time. Even adobe support remotef in to help and that was the conclusion.

OK, I'm sorry about that. The crash must have done something internally.
Here is the link to send it in for repair if you wish to.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules