1334 9 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ggravier
New
Flight distance : 52753 ft
France

Hi!

I just updated my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to Nougat (Android 7.0). Now, every time I launch DJI Go 4, it immediately crashes.

DJI support suggests :

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Recently we’ve received reports that the Samsung S7/Edge is incompatible with DJI GO App. This issue is caused by the Samsung S7 mobile system. Our R&D department has informed Samsung to solve this problem asap. The incompatibility issue is caused by the Samsung S7 mobile system. DJIhas urged Samsung to solve this problem asap.

Aside from that you may use other recommended device listed below"

But I don't plan on buying a new phone just because they haven't yet fixed their app. And I doubt they'll get Samsung to do an update... so they will HAVE to fix the bug on their side - they are the only app that crashes... and DJI GO 3.x doesn't so it's not a Samsung issue, it's a DJI GO 4.x issue...

DJI GO (3.x) works well. I can fly the Mavic, take pictures with it... all fine.

So I have 2 questions :

1) Am I taking any risks in doing so? (i.e. in flying my bird with DJI GO 3.x?)
2) What features am I missing by doing so?

Thanks in advance,
Gilles.
2017-3-20
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261312 ft
United States

I have a fresh S7 not edge and it works perfect except when i press maps it crashes and reloads using google maps but conitunes to work after that.
2017-3-20
Use props
Northovers
New

New Zealand

Hi, I upgraded my firmware and then the app to the latest versions.  After this I began having multiple crashes and disconnects where the RC would still operate the drone but the app wouldn't give me any feedback about direction of view.  Using the same phone S7  It was impossible!.

I searched for an earlier version of the APK and downgraded to a version released in January this year and all of a sudden all my problems have gone and it is working flawlessly again.  Good interim measure until they get it sorted out I guess
2017-3-20
Use props
Northovers
New

New Zealand

Just to confirm it was an earlier version of the DJI Go 4 app and not the version 3

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji ... droid-apk-download/
2017-3-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

DJI mods here have stated that the v3 app will no longer be updated with fixes and new features, and at some point I suspect a firmware update may disallow v3 connections. You might be able to get away with it for a while if you don't need or care about any of the new fixes/features, but I'd first check and see what, if any, warranty considerations might be  in play should you need service.
2017-3-20
Use props
gravax
New
France

Northovers Posted at 2017-3-20 16:13
Just to confirm it was an earlier version of the DJI Go 4 app and not the version 3

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-0-1-release/dji-go-4-4-0-1-android-apk-download/

Hi!

Thanks! Will try 401, 402, 403, 404 and get back. They have 2 variants... Any idea why? Both seem similar... My phone has the 2xxxxxx so I'm downloading the 2xxxxxx versions...
2017-3-21
Use props
gravax
New
France

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-20 20:06
DJI mods here have stated that the v3 app will no longer be updated with fixes and new features, and at some point I suspect a firmware update may disallow v3 connections. You might be able to get away with it for a while if you don't need or care about any of the new fixes/features, but I'd first check and see what, if any, warranty considerations might be  in play should you need service.

Hi.

Yes. That's the point of my post. So wondering what issues I'll have. I have asked DJI support if I can fly with v3... let's see. I'm also going to follow @Northover's suggestion and try previous versions... will get back to you here.

Gilles
2017-3-21
Use props
gravax
New
France

So!

Update here!

For DJI GO 4, there are systematically 2 variants on APK mirror. You can see, going here APK Mirror DJI GO 4 v 4.0.5 that there is a 1021913 version and a 2021913 version. From a description of the versions... both seem to be targetting same thing. But the sizes are different and, obviously, the md5 hashes.

That said... my phone was natively running the 2021913 version... which crashes systematically... But if I install the 1021913 of 4.0.5 it works fine.

Strange, no?

Gilles
2017-3-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Weird. What's the canonical source version?
2017-3-21
Use props
gravax
New
France

That I think only DJI can say...
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules