Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which Phone do we use for the mavic??
7866 30 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 414249 ft
United States

I have read that even a new phone might not work correctly.  I want to buy a phone dedicate to this drone.  Any recommendations on which phone is the best bet for the Mavic??

2017-3-20
Use props
Spaciodnso
New

Spain

Hi to all
I have same situation like TRUCKMISER
I just buy a Mavic Pro and I can´t fly with security with my actual phone!!
Any recommendation?
I think DJI GO app must improve a lot!
Thanks
2017-3-20
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

I use a galaxy s5 with few issues. I text and facebook message while flying. in 5.5 hours of flying I think the app has crashed maybe 2 or 3 times
2017-3-20
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

And 2 of the times it crashed on app start up so not a real issue
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is the list of DJI recommended devices, I have both Android and iPhone and I like IOS better got the GO4 app.
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

2017-3-20
Use props
willhay555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

Sony Z3, bought new and specifically for the Mavic.

Stunning.
Flawless to date.

Perfect screen and size.
2017-3-20
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're going to dedicate it, then get the iPad Mini4 with cellular (for the internal GPS to use IOC functions- but you don't need any data plan nor SIM).
It fits the holder perfectly but you use the center usb connector.
Mini4.jpg
2017-3-20
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

I purchased an iPhone 7 plus. It works perfectly except I find the screen reflective glare in the bright outdoors a little bad. I'm not sure if all screens would be the same. If I could go back, it's something I would have researched.
2017-3-20
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-20 11:56
If you're going to dedicate it, then get the iPad Mini4 with cellular (for the internal GPS to use IOC functions- but you don't need any data plan nor SIM).
It fits the holder perfectly but you use the center usb connector.
[view_image]

Realistically, how comfortable is that? Unless you have huge potato-hands, that doesn't look pleasing to hold.
2017-3-20
Use props
Sticks
lvl.3

United States

I'm new to the hobby so take it for what its worth I use a Samsung S5 with no cell service just connected to my Motorola Z force's wi-fi hot spot. I have maybe 3 hours of fly time with one app crash, started the app back up with no other issues other than the screen is a bit small.
2017-3-20
Use props
borse2008
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same here. I use a one plus 3t but looking for a 6 plus really. As I've read a lot of about iOS reliability.
2017-3-20
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-20 14:50
Realistically, how comfortable is that? Unless you have huge potato-hands, that doesn't look pleasing to hold.

The iPad Mini4 is only 304 grams or .67 lbs. So it's no big deal. Here I am holding it:
MiniSpud.jpg      
2017-3-20
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-20 15:44
The iPad Mini4 is only 304 grams or .67 lbs. So it's no big deal. Here I am holding it:
[view_image]

omg. Well played.

LOL.
2017-3-20
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

Wow awesome answers guys.  I have a s5 galaxy handy so we shall see how this bird does with that.  Just got my drone back  has been one month, they swapped the RC out and of course now I need to recharge the controller. UGH   Im ready to fly  DJI  sends by ground so it took a week in the ups truck 2 weeks in the shop and one more week to come to PAPPA.   Yall wish me luck I will let you know how it goes.  Thanks for the replies awesome chat room
2017-3-27
Use props
TRUCKMISER
lvl.1
United States

1st day with the samsung S 5  and have had some glitches the app shut down after the bird landed "thank God"    I was flying in some 15 mph wind and my pda went fuzzy to the extent that I could not see where to fly so had to hit the home button,  The bird came back home perfectly.  I am now actively looking for a apple mini pad.  Think that is the best way to go.  Have to say I love the Mavic cant wait to fly it again.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-20 14:50

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and an iPad Mini 3 and I use the Mini 3 more then than the iPhone.
It's very comfortable and fits in the FlyMore Como front sipper pocket too.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

TRUCKMISER Posted at 2017-3-29 09:44
1st day with the samsung S 5  and have had some glitches the app shut down after the bird landed "thank God"    I was flying in some 15 mph wind and my pda went fuzzy to the extent that I could not see where to fly so had to hit the home button,  The bird came back home perfectly.  I am now actively looking for a apple mini pad.  Think that is the best way to go.  Have to say I love the Mavic cant wait to fly it again.

I have never had a single issue with my iPhone 7 Plus or iPad Mini 3.
I think you'll find the mini to work great.
No matter what you use, in the direct sun there's going to be screen glare.
These are the recommended devices.

• ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

2017-3-29
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

I use either my iPhone 6 plus or 7 plus and both work flawlessly.
2017-3-29
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2017-3-20 14:15
I purchased an iPhone 7 plus. It works perfectly except I find the screen reflective glare in the bright outdoors a little bad. I'm not sure if all screens would be the same. If I could go back, it's something I would have researched.

you can always purchase an anti-glare screen protector
2017-3-29
Use props
kaeyalin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153665 ft
United States

I use a Pixel XL, and the more recent versions of DJI Go 4 are pretty stable on it, but still crashes occasionally.

If I were going to buy a phone just for the Mavic, I'd get ios.
2017-3-29
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I am using Xperia XZ and no crash so far.
2017-3-29
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-29 09:49
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and an iPad Mini 3 and I use the Mini 3 more then than the iPhone.
It's very comfortable and fits in the FlyMore Como front sipper pocket too.

Do you setup a hotspot w/ your iphone so the mini has access to the interwebs?
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-29 12:36
Do you setup a hotspot w/ your iphone so the mini has access to the interwebs?

I only use the iPad Mini for the Mavic and it pretty much stays clamped in. When I go somewhere flying then I remove it and put it in the bag. So I don't use it for the internet.
2017-3-29
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Iphone 7 Plus when I use a phone but prefer the Ipad Mini 4 both have anti glare and it makes a lot of difference compared to Ipad Mini 2 that doesn't have the anti glare
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-29 12:59
Iphone 7 Plus when I use a phone but prefer the Ipad Mini 4

Same exact thing with me.
2017-3-29
Use props
The Rev
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-29 13:02
Same exact thing with me.

It was your advice I took Ken and bought the Ipad Mini 4
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-29 13:04
It was your advice I took Ken and bought the Ipad Mini 4

Very nice, maybe one day I'll step up to the 4. The 3 is working ok so I'm good for now.
2017-3-29
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-29 13:10
Very nice, maybe one day I'll step up to the 4. The 3 is working ok so I'm good for now.

There may be a new mini this year so the price on the mini 4 should drop or we may have the option for an iPad mini pro / iPad mini 5.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-29 13:19
There may be a new mini this year so the price on the mini 4 should drop or we may have the option for an iPad mini pro / iPad mini 5.

Nice, I'll keep an eye out.
Thanks.
2017-3-29
Use props
The Rev
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-29 13:10

I never had a choice of a Mini 3 but I would not upgrade to the 4 from the 3 as it will probably be the same to fly with and that's all I use it for but just wish I had the Mavic to attach it to as I had an accident on the 13th and I am waiting impatiently for it repaired.
Completely my fault Pilot error and backed it into my wall at only about 4 ft but damaged the Gimbal.
Camera was still working fine but had no Gimbal control but no visible damage and luckily I have Care refresh
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-29 13:24
I never had a choice of a Mini 3 but I would not upgrade to the 4 from the 3 as it will probably be the same to fly with and that's all I use it for but just wish I had the Mavic to attach it to as I had an accident on the 13th and I am waiting impatiently for it repaired.
Completely my fault Pilot error and backed it into my wall at only about 4 ft but damaged the Gimbal.
Camera was still working fine but had no Gimbal control but no visible damage and luckily I have Care refresh

OK, thanks for the advise.
And sorry about the crash, I'm really glad you have Care Refresh as it could be an expensive oops.
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules