4133 47 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-21 09:49
I have a feeling more and more of these videos are just click bait.

Unbelievable flaw leds to epic crash

Nooooo , not that !   It is funny what they consider click bait around here though ,lol
2017-3-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-25 06:58
Unbelievable flaw leds to epic crash

Nooooo , not that !   It is funny what they consider click bait around here though ,lol

Maybe, they say every cloud has a silver lining.
2017-3-25
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-25 06:10
you went 100% FULL FOWARD and LET OFF a little before the tree and the aircraft slowly slowed down but NOT FAST ENOUGH and you ran into the trees !!!!!!!!

Your Log does not state about your AC ever going LEFT or ASENDING as YOU CLAIM!!!!

Oh God, let's all do the 12 year old caps lock "scream" that alone adds doubts of credibility to your post.  My video of my flight record shows the left and rising movement and I also narrate my observations of the event in that video in real time.
2017-3-26
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-25 05:26
What I found is many of the so called "experts" are quick to throw pilot error out there on post that don't have a concrete backing of the flight log.

Maybe this comment wasn't directed at me, but for the record I've never thought of or referred to myself as an "expert". I do have opinions, though, and yes I feel as free to share mine here just as you do.

nah it wasn't directed at you but there are many here that seem to think this mavic is perfectly designed with no flaws at all and the only reason these malfunction is because of user errors.
2017-3-26
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Impact9 Posted at 2017-3-26 06:50
Oh God, let's all do the 12 year old caps lock "scream" that alone adds doubts of credibility to your post.  My video of my flight record shows the left and rising movement and I also narrate my observations of the event in that video in real time.

I'm not screaming in my post , the caps were meant for you to Open your Eyes and the QUOTES
YOU ARE CLAMING . My opinion is totally based on your Fairy Tail Story and DJI's analyzed interpatation
of your Flight Record !!! I'll tell you what , Post your flight record and video and let the Form decide.
Just that you know B4 you do so look like a Story Teller again the video and flight records are Time Stamped so don't think you can post the flight log then post a video that was made later !!!
Then again you cant do that cause you Recked  your Mavic.
If you don't post them as I am politely requesting you to prove that DJI + Me are wrong
I'll just ignore your total existence in this Form just like a 12yr Old and I hope all will do the same!
Have a Nice Day impact      
2017-3-27
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are we talking about the OP or a side debate with Skunk and Impact9?  

Back on topic...

In my opinion, there is too much rushing to judgement both in cases of Pilot Error AND Hardware Malfunction.  There is a lot of emotion evolved in crashing or damaging an expensive piece of hardware so it's natural to want to want to blame someone.  But I think all crashes are a learning opportunity, both for DJI and for the user regardless of fault.  I think at a minimum, flight data needs to be posted if someone is to make a claim that hardware/software caused a crash. Otherwise, every thread turns into endless rounds of drama, speculation, or rash judgements.

In two years of flying drones, I've had 3 "bonehead" crashes while admittedly messing around at low altitude around my shop when I first started flying drones. Obviously, that was 100% my fault.  Then I went crash free for almost two years.  Then I had a crash that I was absolutely certain was a malfunction.  I never posted my initial outrage online because I wanted to make sure.  So I sent the drone and flight records to DJI.  In about a week, they replied with a detailed explanation of how the crash happened.  And guess what...it was my fault!  The Inspire 1 returned to home but I failed to account for this one 557ft building in my RTH path.  When I accidently put my drone between this tall building and my position, the RC lost connection and then the drone RTH'ed....as it was designed to do.  Sadly, it smacked into the side of the building.  I learned a lesson and I haven't had any issues since.

I am not taking sides in the OP's post.  I just think we should wait until all the facts are out.
2017-3-30
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

The facts are out.

Impact9 flew his drone into a tree as verified in his flight logs.

The other guy, fans453b768c, is clearly intentionally withholding vital information regarding his crash.  As DroneFlying very eloquently explained, "The problem is that without the flight log information nobody here can offer much sympathy or meaningful advice beyond "don't fly near buildings", which is essentially what you said you were already told by DJI. And yes, I find it a little strange that even after several days and multiple requests you still haven't provided the logs, especially considering that doing so would require only a fraction of the time it must have taken you to create that slick video.  Historically, most I-crashed-but-it-wasn't-my-fault claims on this forum turn out to be pilot error, and without the logs most of us are going to go with the odds and assume that yours is just another example of that."

Unless fans453b768c posts his flight logs, there is simply not enough information to make an educated guesses on the cause of his crash.  Considering he is fully capable of posting his flight logs, and obviously wants us all to know about the crash, it's safe to assume fans453b768c is intentionally not posting them in an effort to conceal something.
2017-3-30
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

sharif0 Posted at 2017-3-30 04:39
Are we talking about the OP or a side debate with Skunk and Impact9?  

Back on topic...

sharif0 ,

This post did get side tracked from the original post which I believe to be Click Bait but I'm not going to get into that now. impact 9 and I do have a disagreement because he created a post that he crashed his mavic due to a FlyAway . The facts did come out-----he sent his flight records to DJI, it was analyzed, The cause of the CRASH was found to be Pilot Error --- He refuses to accept responsibility for his actions -- Claims to have Video evidence posts it on YouTube , His Vid shows in my opinion that his Mavic was unresponsive to his stick commands and cause the Crash --- if you look close to his satellite tracking Youtube Vid it flashed
Atti Mode and it has already hit the tree branch while he was giving stick commands as it was falling out of the air and could not regain control cause he was too close to the ground .
My problem with him is He posts Mavic FlyAway  causes Crash it was a found to be Pilot Error and he posts False Vids along with False Info that creates a lot of worries for Beginner + Experienced pilots all because he is looking for a Free repair or a new Drone at DJI's expense.
PS. He never posted his Flight Record data as requested by me and others on this Form
I think he feels if he makes enough noise and continues to degrading DJI products that DJI will just give him what he wants and he calls me a child ? Funny lololollll
I am not attacking Him ----  He should accept responsibility for his Faluts and STOP posting BS Vids and BS Posts bad mouthing DJI   
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules