Poor quality video
592 7 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9fec9a49
New

United States

Shooting video in 1280x720. Using Sandisk Extreme Plus. Running Android system. Viewing video while flying and  from different tablets looks fine. When trying to view from laptops or posting on Facebook,video is so pixaled you can not recognize anything. Pictures are fine. Even saved under different format and no difference.
2017-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Where are you getting the video from? The only real copy is on the SD card in the aircraft, not the version that ends up on your phone or tablet. And yes, Facebook compresses the hell out of it.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans9fec9a49
New

United States

Pull card straight from drone. Put it in any tablet, video is clear in any player format. Import it to Adobe Premier on my laptop or other laptops it is pixaled. I know Facebook compresses, that is why I lowered it to HD. Originally was shooting in 4k. Still cannot figure out issue. I guess to answer your question, I pull videos straight from card.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans9fec9a49 Posted at 2017-3-20 15:32
Pull card straight from drone. Put it in any tablet, video is clear in any player format. Import it to Adobe Premier on my laptop or other laptops it is pixaled. I know Facebook compresses, that is why I lowered it to HD. Originally was shooting in 4k. Still cannot figure out issue. I guess to answer your question, I pull videos straight from card.

What video formats are you filming in?
2017-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans9fec9a49 Posted at 2017-3-20 15:32

That simply means the laptops you are using are not powerful enough to display the video correctly, but this is not unusual, many laptops are unable to handle HD or better. You will need a more powerful computer to be able to edit the movies.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans9fec9a49
New

United States

Formatted in mp4 and tried AVI. What processor speed do I need to run HD? Ran it on 2 different laptops. Figured laptop processor would be better than tablet.
2017-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans9fec9a49 Posted at 2017-3-20 16:34
Formatted in mp4 and tried AVI. What processor speed do I need to run HD? Ran it on 2 different laptops. Figured laptop processor would be better than tablet.

Tablets are optimised to run video clips, they would be pretty useless if they could not, but laptops were not specifically designed for doing this and do not normally have good video card performance. This is particularly trueif the laptop is a couple of years old. If you are looking for a new laptop, take a clip to the shop with you on a USB stick and try it out.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans9fec9a49
New

United States

Thanks for the help. Already planned on taking my card in and testing before buying. Used laptop I bought my wife for Christmas. Then ran it again on work laptop, looked fine. Just lost from the beginning. Since I uploaded straight from tablet to Facebook. You see everybody elses looking great and yours looks like crap.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules