Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Something is going on with app dev with DJI Go4 on Android
1883 15 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.3
New Zealand

I've been having issues with 'disconnect' messages greying out the screen while using DJI Go4.

I had a feeling that it had been getting more frequent each time I updated the software. I'm running a Moto G 3rd Gen which is pretty much running 'stock' Android.

Decided to de-install DJI Go4 and installed DJI Go just to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Despite an initial message informing me that DJI Go was discontinued for the Mavic, I ran down a full battery without a single disconnect issue. The program did crash ONCE but it came back up at the same point and didn't interrupt a 'point of interest' flyby I was performing.
Last week I couldn't get this function to work at all due the disconnects, which shut it down before resuming the screen display.
DJI needs to fix DJI Go4 stability.

2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Since the Moto G isn't listed in our device recommended list which might be incompatible with DJI GO app.
Do you have another mobile device to test with?
Besides, have you tried to change another original usb cable to test?
2017-3-21
Use props
CrazyHorse019
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348540 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 02:51
Since the Moto G isn't listed in our device recommended list which might be incompatible with DJI GO app.

Hi Mindy,

I want to start with that I appreciate the assistance you are giving all of us at the moment, a lot off issues must be really frustrating to see, as DJI have been massively successful with the MAVIC. Now I wanted to bring this issue up with someone at DJI also as I created a similar thread a couple of days ago. The android app is being used on recommended and non-recommended devices and the issues are persistent in both cases. It's getting to the point where people are unable to fly as the app crashes multiple times throughout a flight. Can you please get the developers on this app to have a look at this forum and the threads that relate to these particular issues? In this day and age its simply unfair to ask someone to swap to an iDevice and hold them to ransom over it. I would be happy to do some testing for the developers if they had a 'beta' version of the app so they could get feedback.  Thank you again for your time.  
2017-3-21
Use props
chalde
First Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are maybe 10 posts average on a daily basis regarding problems with DJI Go 4 App and Android...
And given how often the same issues are reported, it's pretty simple to get the most popular devices on the market, test and debug them rapidly, If it was a single, obscure report, I'll understand, but with the amount of report, both on the forum and Play Store, one will think DJI Software developers will be on top of it.

Now, didn't know that DJI Go could be used with Mavic...
2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-3-21 03:31
There are maybe 10 posts average on a daily basis regarding problems with DJI Go 4 App and Android...
And given how often the same issues are reported, it's pretty simple to get the most popular devices on the market, test and debug them rapidly, If it was a single, obscure report, I'll understand, but with the amount of report, both on the forum and Play Store, one will think DJI Software developers will be on top of it.

I can understand your fusstration --- I think Android is a little harder for DJI cause what I noticed is that Android seems to constantly be upgrading and updating way more then Mac/apple ios which gives ios more stability . DJI seems to be chasing after Android to try to stay compatible ---- Android 7Nougat seems to be  the worst upgrade to run the latest version of GO4 v4.0.5
This is Just my Opinion
2017-3-21
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Another thread with the issues on Android, cmon DJI, open your eyes and please start doing something instead of recommend to use IDevices.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CrazyHorse019 Posted at 2017-3-21 03:24
Hi Mindy,

I want to start with that I appreciate the assistance you are giving all of us at the moment, a lot off issues must be really frustrating to see, as DJI have been massively successful with the MAVIC. Now I wanted to bring this issue up with someone at DJI also as I created a similar thread a couple of days ago. The android app is being used on recommended and non-recommended devices and the issues are persistent in both cases. It's getting to the point where people are unable to fly as the app crashes multiple times throughout a flight. Can you please get the developers on this app to have a look at this forum and the threads that relate to these particular issues? In this day and age its simply unfair to ask someone to swap to an iDevice and hold them to ransom over it. I would be happy to do some testing for the developers if they had a 'beta' version of the app so they could get feedback.  Thank you again for your time.

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using? Which model, type and the system version?
Please export the crash log and upload it to dropbox.
I'll help to forward your information to our engineers for review.
2017-3-21
Use props
fansc28addd4
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 19:52
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using? Which model, type and the system version?
Please export the crash log and upload it to dropbox.
I'll help to forward your information to our engineers for review.

I have a Samsung S7 Edge and a Nvidia K1 Shield and they both have the DJI Go 4 app crash multiple times during flights!!!! It is very frustrating to me.  I do not own any IOS devices and have no plans to. What are going to do to fix these issues?
2017-3-26
Use props
fR9icRPvLE3n
New
Flight distance : 11719 ft
United States

I have experienced the same issue of multiple disconnects using dju go4, with samsung galaxy s7.

It hs become progressively worse.  Since last week it will not connect at all.

I tried using the lower  connection point with an ipad, success.
Tried using the lower connection with samsung and different cable, success.
Tried using the ipad through the small cable on the rc side, success.

Therefore, the small  reverse cable must be defective.

I had incidentally ordered a backup reversed cable  march 7th.
It has not yet shipped.
Calling customer service they said shipment April 4th! Really? One month?

Having owned the  mavic since november, I have had down time of two of the five months due to warranty issues.....

2017-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc28addd4 Posted at 2017-3-26 06:04
I have a Samsung S7 Edge and a Nvidia K1 Shield and they both have the DJI Go 4 app crash multiple times during flights!!!! It is very frustrating to me.  I do not own any IOS devices and have no plans to. What are going to do to fix these issues?

Please find the crash log from this path:  /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4 /LOG/CRASH
And what's the system version of your mobile device?
2017-3-27
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.3
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 02:51

It's not the cable or the phone as DJI Go works fine.
Why test the cable if DJI Go works?
The problem is only with DJIGo 4
2017-3-27
Use props
BengalBoy
First Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew my new Mavic for the first time yesterday.  First flight I had 4 disconnects and finally a complete shut down leaving me to a manual return.  Second flight, more of the same.  Using HTC ONE M8 and Android 6.0.  Gonna give it a try on an old HTC M7 using Android 5.0 and see if it is any more stable.  Currently, as bad as the early DJI Vision app crashes & connection issues with Phantom 2 Vision+ drone.
2017-3-27
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

fR9icRPvLE3n Posted at 2017-3-26 08:32
I have experienced the same issue of multiple disconnects using dju go4, with samsung galaxy s7.

It hs become progressively worse.  Since last week it will not connect at all.

I have no problems with my s7 with all the latest firmware updates I would start looking at what APPS you are running on your phone.  
2017-3-27
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
Second Officer

Czechia

I have the same issue with DJI Go4 on Android. From my own experience, I know that professionally coded app cannot work bad. I have my own small business, and when it came to designing and developing app for it, I used  this service. They built a fully-functional app for my  business.
2017-4-4
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

I don't want to jinx it but in the few short flights I've managed to have with my Mavic, I've had no issues with the app, running on Sony Xperia Z5, Nougat.  My main issue is the current battery drain issues people are experiencing with the Z5 in general, this is only amplified when connected to the RC and flying the Mavic!
2017-4-5
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

I went through the same issue when I first got my Mavic. I was initially using an LG V10 with top specs, but it was not listed on DJI's list of compatible Android devices. On several occasions, the app would crash which would cause an disconnect between the RC and the Mavic. Luckily, the disconnect would trigger an auto RTH. It was very stressful and I was quickly losing my excitement of flying my drone. I decided to purchase an iPad Mini (my first Apple product) and after 25 flights, have never had one issue.
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules