1863 22 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Dear all,I just unpacked my brand new Mavic Pro and did a first flight but got scared and deeply deceived with the results.
The image is blurry, shaking, and I'm afraid I had the bad luck of getting a defective aircraft.
Please see en example of the footage on:
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/blurring-and-shaking-first-footage-w-brand-new-mavic-pro?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share
The unclear image is constant and gets worse around minute 2:45 - 3:00 in the clip. Anyway it was present during all the flight time.
Apparently the gimbal support was and is in good condition, of course all the gimbal protections were out and no error messages before flight or during it.
When flying I thought it might was a radio interferrence during transmission, though there were no sources of electromagnetic (strong) signals in the area, no GSM or electric towers, antennas, etc.
The footage recorded on the SD card has the same poorest, shaky and blurred image.
Took also some steady pictures and every straight, linear object has a S  - serpent like shape also in the pictures.
I own also a P3A and flown the same path many times but the same image was always cristal clear and rock steady.
Any advice is welcomed, have the bitter taste of having received a failed toy...
Thanks God I did not sold the P3A yet...
2017-3-20
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe the wavy appearance is extreme jello (vibrations beyond the capability of the gimbal to correct)
Similar to your P3, the Mavic Gimbal is supported at the four corner  points by rubber loops that connect to the gimbal top support and to the gimbal. Your P3 has two clear plastic gimbal locks, but your Mavic has two triangular lips at the front, and behind the gimbal is a 90 degree bracket that the gimbal slides UNDER. Sometimes in transit the gimbal can pop out from under that 90 degree bracket. If you fly with the gimbal riding on top of the 90 degree bracket, then the vibration will cause this jello. So please check if your gimbal is riding over the 90 degree bracket. If it is, then gently pull the gimbal forward and guide it back UNDER that 90 degree bracket...
2017-3-20
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You should also try doing a gimbal calibration just in case. If the gimbal is seated correctly and the calibration does not fix anything then you will have to contact support.
2017-3-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Won't even play here.
2017-3-20
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-20 17:08
I believe the wavy appearance is extreme jello (vibrations beyond the capability of the gimbal to correct)
Similar to your P3, the Mavic Gimbal is supported at the four corner  points by rubber loops that connect to the gimbal top support and to the gimbal. Your P3 has two clear plastic gimbal locks, but your Mavic has two triangular lips at the front, and behind the gimbal is a 90 degree bracket that the gimbal slides UNDER. Sometimes in transit the gimbal can pop out from under that 90 degree bracket. If you fly with the gimbal riding on top of the 90 degree bracket, then the vibration will cause this jello. So please check if your gimbal is riding over the 90 degree bracket. If it is, then gently pull the gimbal forward and guide it back UNDER that 90 degree bracket...

Thanks for the answer.
With the Mavic on its natural flying position, the gimbal support lies ABOVE the 90 degrees bracket. sorry, but it seems that if I put it UNDER, the rubber loops will be to tensed and will have no further dumping and vibration absorbing effect.
Also seems quite hard to put the gimbal UNDER the 90 degrees bracket.
I'll try to post a picture latter.
2017-3-20
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

What do you mean ?
2017-3-20
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

The gimbal support as I unboxed t'he aircraft.Is it in correct position ?
IMG_20170321_074448.jpg
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?
2017-3-21
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Dear Mindy, I'll confirmació you the firmware version in a couple of hours as I do not have the Mavic with me now.What I can confirm
you in the meantime is this Sunday I updated the FW, I flew it yesterday and before flight DJI Go 4 app checked for current available updates and I had the latest installed.Look forward for your news.Thank you
2017-3-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

15matjan Posted at 2017-3-21 00:03
The gimbal support as I unboxed t'he aircraft.Is it in correct position ?

That is the correct alignment, the 90 degree bracket limits excessive downward movement. Thanks for posting the picture. DJI-Mindy will probably have you calibrate things next....
2017-3-21
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Hi again Mindy,

please find the required information:

app v. 4.0.5
version 01.03.0500
remote controller v 01.03.0500
aircraft database 0.0.1.4
app database 00.00.01.04

By the way, the RC connects with easy to the aircraft and viceversa, but the DJI Go 4 app does not find the Mavic Pro with ease. I have to close the app, the RC and aircraft and start again several times until I manage to have the blue "GO FLY" tab in the app.

I have on the same phone the DJI GO app for the P3Advanced, I suppose should not interfere with one another...

Looking forward for your solution.
2017-3-21
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

I tried to uninstall the DJI Go 4 app and reinstall it...
The result was the same difficulties to connect to the Mavic through the phone app, connected to the RC via USB cable. And also same blurred, shaky images. Hard to believe it can be possible...
2017-3-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

I mean I can't even play the video via the link given.  Loads the page and sits there.
2017-3-21
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-3-21 12:44
I mean I can't even play the video via the link given.  Loads the page and sits there.

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... ;utm_campaign=share
2017-3-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Don't sweat it.  It still doesn't load.  Same Skypixel page, same pink "screen" with rotating "loading" type icon in the middle.  3 minutes later, same thing.  Not that important.
2017-3-21
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

@ DJI Mindy - Hello again any hint ? Any solution please ?
2017-3-21
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Can anyone from DJI hear my cry for help please ???
2017-3-22
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

15matjan Posted at 2017-3-22 02:06
Can anyone from DJI hear my cry for help please ???

If you've tried IMU and gimbal calibrations without success, then it's likely defective.....
You should simply open a support case with the closest DJI Repair Facility which is likely in Madrid(Click here to view the DJI Recommended Service Centers):

Madrid_SC.png
2017-3-22
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks Daroga,
it is exactly what I was affraid of...

Saldy DJI's moderators are lost in combat, and had no answer from any of them on my issue...
There is still hope here if DJI read this...
2017-3-22
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

15matjan Posted at 2017-3-22 22:11
Thanks Daroga,
it is exactly what I was affraid of...

Sorry 15matjan,

Maybe DJI-Mindy, DJI-Jamie or DJI-Ken can advise further...............

Good luck, hope it can be fixed simply and get you flying quickly!
2017-3-23
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

One week later, still any reply from DJI.I sent even PM to DJI Mindy and DJI Ken but nobody botherred to answer.Have a newly unboxed Mavic totally out of order.This is unbelievable to me...Not even one hint or reply from DJI...Feel completely fooled and helpless.
2017-3-27
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981558 ft
Switzerland

15matjan Posted at 2017-3-27 23:24
One week later, still any reply from DJI.I sent even PM to DJI Mindy and DJI Ken but nobody botherred to answer.Have a newly unboxed Mavic totally out of order.This is unbelievable to me...Not even one hint or reply from DJI...Feel completely fooled and helpless.

Did you try the live chat  in the website ?
2017-3-27
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Finally I decided to keep the P3A and returned the Mavic Pro.
The last had very serious issues, I explained them here

Unfortunately, DJI did not bothered to answer my repeated cries for help and I got tired to wait helplessly after paying 1500 € for a faulty brand new drone.
It seems Mavic Pro have a lot of issues, read there are many with faulty cameras, Mavic forum is full of unsatisfied customers and I do not trust a second chance to a new Mavic.
DJI forum moderators ignored me completely; thanks a lot for that...
To DJI: Purchasing such an expensive toy should not be a issue of good or bad luck...
The idea of a small portable drone was not bad, but either the launch of Mavic was too early and insufficiently tested before or the quality controls on the assembly line got poorer. I recall the launch was few days after the Karma, I think many paid the price of a commercial competition but the clients should not be victims of it.
Karma paid its price last year too, at least they ackowledged it (or were obliged to...) and I do not want to be a Guineea pig to anyone...
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules