Corp of Engineers No Drone Zone!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skinny1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16821 ft
United States

A friend and I were flying at the Corp of Engineers Clinton Lake when a Park Ranger stopped and advised us we could not fly on Corp of Engineer property. I advised him it was not posted! Anyway a long story short we packed up and left.
2017-3-20
Use props
Astrojul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368186 ft
United States

Same thing happen to me at a different lake. It is just a stupid excuse to prohibit drones from flying in the parks.
If there is any reasoning behind this rule, it is protecting the dam from terrorists surveying the area.
2017-3-27
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Probably wildlife and tourists not liking the noise when they go there to relax....
2017-3-27
Use props
skinny1
lvl.3
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-3-27 14:17
Probably wildlife and tourists not liking the noise when they go there to relax....

They can only stop you from taking off and lading on Corp property. Corp of Engineers do not control the air space above the park!!!
2017-3-27
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

No, but too many pple not listening to regulations will ban us all.. not that I do everything by the book though ;)
2017-3-27
Use props
philsurfish
lvl.1
Australia

If your flying near or over a source of drinking water there is a possibility that your drone or even fishing gear boating pollution goes into the water alot of people using drinking water for recreational isn't good
2017-3-27
Use props
DJIFarmer
lvl.2

United States

Where do you live skinny? Im in the area also. Were you close to the power plant? Hopefully he wasn't too mean about it.
2017-3-28
Use props
skinny1
lvl.3
United States

DJIFarmer Posted at 2017-3-28 11:23
Where do you live skinny? Im in the area also. Were you close to the power plant? Hopefully he wasn't too mean about it.

I am in Lawrence. The Park Ranger was real nice and only doing his job. I told him we'd pack up and leave.  There are several other places to fly drones around here.
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules