Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X4S Lens Cover and ND Filters
1308 6 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vince126
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218760 ft
Canada

Was wondering if anyone recieved their aftermarket ND filters for their X4S yet?  If so how in the heck does it screw on?  And are you guys able to unscrew your stock filter on the X4S?

When I received my X4S it showed up early January with the lens cover off of the camera which I thought was kind of strange, when i tried to put it back on I discovered that there was no thread to screw it into and would easily fall back out!

After a few minutes with DJI online tech support they had advise me to glue the thing back on to the camera if I did not want to send it back, so I put a bit of epoxy on it and it has been fine for the past 3 months.

With my ND Filter now incoming, I'm trying to figure out how will it possibly screw onto the X4S since there are no threads on the outside, and seems to be none on the inside.

Here is a pic for the curious.

X4S wtfjpg.jpg
2017-3-20
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

The PolarPro filters for the X4S look to be a press-on affair and not a screw on.
2017-3-20
Use props
Vince126
lvl.3
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-3-20 16:58
The PolarPro filters for the X4S look to be a press-on affair and not a screw on.

Thanks for chiming in!

I am hoping so, since I pre-ordered the Polar Pro ones.  I sent them an email regarding the fitments but have not heard back.  

I sent Freewell a message asd well out of curiousity and they had advised me that the cover had to come off for their ND filter to be screwed on, hence the confusion.
2017-3-20
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Sorry but my X4S looks nothing like your photo it has a screw on thread. It also has a square aperature once the standard filter is screwed off. Take a look at the DJI web site it looks like mine not yours.
batt dis  004.jpg
batt dis  005.jpg
2017-3-20
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.4
Finland

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-20 17:55
Sorry but my X4S looks nothing like your photo it has a screw on thread. It also has a square aperature once the standard filter is screwed off. Take a look at the DJI web site it looks like mine not yours.

Interesting to see design change so soon. When you Dr Jon received your X4S?
2017-3-20
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

mine arrived 17th December 2016. Its the same as the one on the DJI web page
2017-3-20
Use props
Vince126
lvl.3
Canada

Took it apart again, and it turns out that the threaded part was actually broken off and stuck inside the lens cap.   all I had to do was unscrew it from the lens cap itself, epoxied the threaded part to the body itself, then rescrewed the cap on, crisis averted!   thanks everyone for the help.

2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules