How steady is your P4P gimbal?
659 1 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
betonven
lvl.2
United States

Hey guys...

second P4P here, after the first one went back with several issues. I just had one test flight with the new one (2 batteries). Results in video are impressive, much sharper image than the previous one (in which focusing was a hit or miss), but I also noticed some shaky footage. It was not everywhere, actually I only noticed in a couple of times: One vertically descending (where I could actually see the Phantom shaking a lot), and one 'crane' move (ascending and going backwards at the same time).

It's not really annoying, it's just there. I'm trying to convince myself that it's there cause I was shooting at 4K/60fps, so the increased framerate captured everything. I actually did a test indoors now, just by holding the bird (no propellers attached), and started shaking it to see if it gets recorded. Well, it does.

How steady are your shots when you go 60fps?

It's my second P4P, and actually my third DJI in a row (I started with a DoA Mavic Pro, and returning it I decided to step up to a P4P), so I've personal understanding that quality control  isn't their strength. Therefore, I just want to test everything during my return window.

Thanks in advance!
2017-3-20
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

Just a video showing what I mean. First half, during the descent. After that I hand catch it.

2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules