Mavic crashed into the building and fall to the ground.
1400 12 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans03cf0a79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43609 ft
Ukraine

[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Hi,
[size=14.6667px]Today my Mavic crashed from 30-40 m on the concrete steps.
[size=14.6667px]It happened after 1 min after took off.
[size=14.6667px]I tried to get some height, near the building. When it reached ~30 meters, it said that "maximum altitude reached", but I set it to 100 meters.Then Mavic drifted backwards and crashed into the building. Funny thing that after this crash, I see in the app that my maximum altitude is about 2,7 Km!
[size=14.6667px]When it hit the ground, it crashed into pieces. Gimbal, front left arm and battery torn away.
[size=14.6667px]Left forward sensor is smashed, whole hull is in scratches and bumps. And there's a crack on the battery.
[size=14.6667px]I was recording a video, but it's not opening now (from SD card). Unfortunately, no cache on the phone left too.
[size=14.6667px]On DJI Go App 4, when I replayed this flight, I see that everything was ok, I didn't fly backwards, it just drifted this way and hit the building. I'm sure 100% percent that I didn't done something wrong.
[size=14.6667px]It so, so sad and frustrating...
[size=14.6667px]Is there any chance that my Mavic can be replaced?

[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]BTW, I need some help. I'm afraid to keep battery, in case that cell could be damaged and probably they can start a fire.
[size=14.6667px]Also, I'm afraid to turn it on or connect to the PC to get logs from it - if circuitry is damaged, it can damage my PC.What I already done - wrote to my seller (they're providing 12 months warranty), and created a ticket to DJI.
[size=14.6667px]What I want to do - get logs from Mavic, and to be sure that battery won't explode. It's seems to be working normally, it showing it's charge and there are not any error codes (I mean LED blinks as usual).
[size=14.6667px]I'm using Android device, version of OS is 5.1.1, model LG G Flex 2, all latest updates on app and firmware.

[size=14.6667px]Sorry for my English, I'm a bit nervous right now.
2017-3-20
Use props
Yania1991
lvl.1
Ukraine

Sorry, there's something wrong with the formatting.,,
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your crash.
Does the battery has leakage problem?  For your safety, I'd suggest you not to use the battery again.
Please sent it in and our engineers will analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here.You’ll get a case number automatically.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-21
Use props
Yania1991
lvl.1
Ukraine

Thank you for your answer!
No, I will not use this battery again, I'm just wandering if it is safe to keep it in the house.
I put it into metal box just in case. Discharge period is set to 2 days, hope everything will be fine.
I will wait for response from my seller, and if they will refuse to replace/repair it (but there's nothing left to repair though), I will sent it to DJI.
And one more question, I need to send everything I have? Including controller and charger, right?
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Yania1991 Posted at 2017-3-21 04:15
Thank you for your answer!
No, I will not use this battery again, I'm just wandering if it is safe to keep it in the house.
I put it into metal box just in case. Discharge period is set to 2 days, hope everything will be fine.

How about the progress, did you seller help you handle it?
For the battery, please contact a professional battery disposal/recycling agent for more assistance.
Since the remote controller and charger are working properly, there is no need to send them in.
2017-3-26
Use props
Droner4lyf
New
United States

Same thing happened to me! My Mavic was split into pieces. I don't have DJI refresh for my Mavic.

Please see picture of the drone below.

Should i send it for repairs? Would DJI be able to replace it? Or should I just buy a new one?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Droner4lyf Posted at 2017-4-1 17:50
Same thing happened to me! My Mavic was split into pieces. I don't have DJI refresh for my Mavic.

Please see picture of the drone below.

Sorry the picture your uploaded here is invisible, please click Advanced--Picture--Upload, then do it again, we'll check it for you.
2017-4-5
Use props
Yania1991
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hi all!
As a the end of my story, DJI just replaced my Mavic with the new one, for free, without DJI Refresh.
I just wraped the remains of Mavic and a controller, packed it in the box, sent it to nearest service department (in Germany), and after a while they send me a message that my case is closed as they replaced the whole aircraft  with the new one. It took about 1,5 months, and new drone was sent to me about 10 days ago.
Now I'm waiting for the delivery, but I can't track my package with provided tracking number...
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Yania1991 Posted at 2017-5-20 02:06
Hi all!
As a the end of my story, DJI just replaced my Mavic with the new one, for free, without DJI Refresh.
I just wraped the remains of Mavic and a controller, packed it in the box, sent it to nearest service department (in Germany), and after a while they send me a message that my case is closed as they replaced the whole aircraft  with the new one. It took about 1,5 months, and new drone was sent to me about 10 days ago.

Thank you for updating, glad to know everything has been resolved, hope you receive the drone soon.
Please check the tracking number on Monday again since it's weekend now.
Should you have any further query, please feel free to let us know, we'd like to help.
2017-5-20
Use props
Yania1991
lvl.1
Ukraine

Thanks! Will recheck on Monday.
2017-5-21
Use props
Yania1991
lvl.1
Ukraine

Unfortunately, still no info on DWK site...
2017-5-22
Use props
fansbdb90588
New
Greenland

Mine just did this. Flew it around for 5500 meters and when i came back to land it just sped up and crashed straight into the building i was standing next to
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansbdb90588 Posted at 2017-7-17 16:16
Mine just did this. Flew it around for 5500 meters and when i came back to land it just sped up and crashed straight into the building i was standing next to

We are sorry to hear the mishap, please sync the  flight records and then contact our support to create a ticket, the drone will need to be sent in for repair and make data analysis. Our analysis team will try to figure out the reason of the accident. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules