Can't calibrate, can't get her up
1161 18 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

Just 4 days ago, I was able to calibrate from my backyard and took her up for a 5 minute spin. Yesterday, I took her to a local park. Since it was a ways away, I decided to recalibrate. It wouldn't do it. I am on Litchi. I press on the Calibrate and then press "OK". Nothing. No voices. No instructions. When I try to start, the props wouldn't start up even though the Sat is good. I can't take off from the app nor can I get the props to spin up from the remote. I swapped batteries and turned on/off a few times with no luck. Anyone know what might be the problem?
2017-3-21
Use props
TNSEE
New

United States

Had similar issues with my 3 standard in my neighborhood.  From the DjiGo app I had to run the calibration 4 or 5 times before it would accept it and let me take off.
2017-3-21
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

I tried Calibration 5-6 times before I gave up. Will try again this weekend.
2017-3-21
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I also run both of these apps with my 3PA, but I try to only calibrate and some other features with the DJI GO app. I would try that and then open up  your Litchi and see it you are good. Remember, when you get a good calibration, leave it alone. Many discussions about how often to do this. I along with I believe many others will tell you they used to do it a lot, but it is thought to be the wrong thing to do now. I haven't calibrated but 2-times in the last 9-months and I fly quite a bit. Never had an issue. Get out in a nice area and do it there, and then leave it alone. I guess these are just my thoughts, but I can say it works for me.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have?
Have you tried to use DJI GO app to see if there's any error message?
2017-3-22
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

P3A. I've not tried the Go App. I actually don't even use that anymore. Litchi is what is loaded. I will try both again in the next few days and will give you an update.
2017-3-22
Use props
Makokiller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1115095 ft
United States

You don't need to calibrate every time. I haven't in months.
2017-3-22
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

OK. Tried it again last night from my deck. I still wasn't able to calibrate it. Now I understand that you don't need to calibrate each time. But this is questioning WHY it won't calibrate. WHen I press Calibrate and OK, it does nothing. However, I waited for green and was able to spun up the props. A few days ago, I wasn't able to. So not sure what happened this time. But it works again.

2017-3-23
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

Well I took it out to the park again yesterday and no go. The thing won't spin up. No satellites picked up. Says it's disconnected. Powered on/off the remote and the P3A several times, but no luck. At this point, I'm wondering if this thing needs to be updated before she can fly again. I've not updated since I bought it in August of 2016.
2017-3-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-3-28 06:02
Well I took it out to the park again yesterday and no go. The thing won't spin up. No satellites picked up. Says it's disconnected. Powered on/off the remote and the P3A several times, but no luck. At this point, I'm wondering if this thing needs to be updated before she can fly again. I've not updated since I bought it in August of 2016.

I read through this post again and I know you are getting frustrated, but have you tried re-linking the RC and the phantom? If you haven't done anything since last August, I know there have been updates released. Not to say that is your problem, because a lot of people don't always like to update. I personally do, and always have and I have never had an issue. I like the idea of getting everything up to the latest, re-link your aircraft & RC , and maybe even go ahead and install the GO app. I know you said you have Litchi already loaded, but make sure you either take Litchi back off for now, of manually "Force-Stop" it so the Go app will run correctly. I have both like I said, and I toggle back and forth all the time, but you have to stop the other one from running before you start the app you want to use. I know it sounds like a lot, but it takes only 3-seconds to do this and I have never had an issue with either app.
2017-3-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-3-23 07:29
OK. Tried it again last night from my deck. I still wasn't able to calibrate it. Now I understand that you don't need to calibrate each time. But this is questioning WHY it won't calibrate. WHen I press Calibrate and OK, it does nothing. However, I waited for green and was able to spun up the props. A few days ago, I wasn't able to. So not sure what happened this time. But it works again.

I assume it's the compass calibration you mean:-

"When I press Calibrate and OK, it does nothing. However, I waited for green and was able to spun up the props."

You are doing the 'calibration dance' aren't you, where you rotate aircraft 360 degrees then turn it on its side and do the same again ?
2017-3-28
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

I just bought a new phantom 3 standard and cant get the motors to start,im trying it manually because i havent downloaded the app yet, can this be done without the app,i assumed everything was taken care of and i was to just put it together and start it up and yahoo,or is there all kinds of things that need to be done before first flight,can anyone help,My name is Wayne and im from New York in the United States my email is wauditt65@yahoo.com
2017-3-28
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

slick848 Posted at 2017-3-28 14:19
I just bought a new phantom 3 standard and cant get the motors to start,im trying it manually because i havent downloaded the app yet, can this be done without the app,i assumed everything was taken care of and i was to just put it together and start it up and yahoo,or is there all kinds of things that need to be done before first flight,can anyone help,My name is Wayne and im from New York in the United States my email is

Please read the manual and watch the instructional videos on the DJI website. Are you trying to manually spin the props to get them started?

Barney
2017-3-28
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2017-3-28 15:41
Please read the manual and watch the instructional videos on the DJI website. Are you trying to manually spin the props to get them started?

Barney

No I'm not Barney
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

slick848 Posted at 2017-3-28 14:19
I just bought a new phantom 3 standard and cant get the motors to start,im trying it manually because i havent downloaded the app yet, can this be done without the app,i assumed everything was taken care of and i was to just put it together and start it up and yahoo,or is there all kinds of things that need to be done before first flight,can anyone help,My name is Wayne and im from New York in the United States my email is

It seems you're already getting some assistance on this via your own thread. I would check there for some further assistance on your specific aircraft.
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-3-23 07:29

At that point, are you still using Litchi or have you tried the Go app?
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-3-28 06:02

Just to clarify, have you updated the Go app or Litchi recently? Having a newer version of the apps, but older firmware can cause communication issues. I can say that for the Go app for sure, but I would be speculating about Litchi. With that said, however, I've seen similar situations happen with computers in general.
2017-3-28
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

Update:

OK. Well I decided to go through the pains of updating. The update process was strange. I put the BIN file into an SD card and insert. I heard the beeps and stuff for 20 minutes. But in the end, it was still beeping. But the green light by the SD slot was on so I assume it's done. However, with the remote, I couldn't get anything. I Stuck the same BIN file into a flash drive and insert. But no sound. But the green light was  on so I'm assuming I'm GTG? Anyways, took outside, and fired her up. Satellite was picked up. I press Calibrate/OK and she was ready.

So I am to assume that after a while, the bird will not calibrate or fly without an update?

2017-3-29
Use props
Texas Special
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all, I'm trying to get my P3 pro up but cant even get the props to turn, cant get into camera view Litchi and Go both say disconnected.
At one point I  took the card out and ran it on my Mac  and found video and stills of me peering at the aircraft, so something is connected. Cant get out of the first how to connect screen on the Go app so cant see a way of relinking the RC and AC which you need to do in camera mode.
Any help would be much appreciated, I've a couple of jobs waiting.  I've had to say I'm grounded on tech problems, not sure how long they'll wait though.
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules