Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3A Shell Replacement
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd34e46a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1092267 ft
United States

After  18 months, I  finally had a crash and require a shell replacement.
  Are there PRINTED instructions on shell replacement available?  I've found plenty on YouTube for top and bottom replacement,  but my bottom shell is crack and compromise free.  Would like to avoid the extra hassle if possible.
Thanks for your time and attention.
2017-3-21
Use props
digdat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

Honestly ive not seen any how-to documents on replacing the shell, only video's. I am thinking you probably want to print it and follow those steps, which makes sense. I could make one if really interested? I need to open my phantom for a few other reasons, lemme know what your interest is and I can take some pics and put in a google doc.
2017-3-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

digdat Posted at 2017-3-21 13:27
Honestly ive not seen any how-to documents on replacing the shell, only video's. I am thinking you probably want to print it and follow those steps, which makes sense. I could make one if really interested? I need to open my phantom for a few other reasons, lemme know what your interest is and I can take some pics and put in a google doc.

That's a great thing to do. Pretty sure other members would appreciate this as well.

Thanks for the offer.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like digdat mentioned, there aren't written instructions available, however there are videos floating around by others that have made the attempt.
2017-3-21
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

It is not a hard job. I have done 4-of them myself. Not all mine but for others too. Just watch a video or two. Biggest thing is to have an area set aside for you to work. Lay everything out as you take it apart. Hardest thing as far as I am concerned is getting the shell apart! Once you have that, it looks like a maze of wires & stuff, but just take a look and go slowly. After the first one, I am able to do these in 2-hours or less. There really isn't that much to them. You'll need to have a small kit for the right tools. Mainly there are many different screw types. Torx, hex, Phillips-screws....you can find packaged assortment just about everywhere...Walmart, Radio Shack, etc. for $5-$15 that will have all you need.
For a shell replacement you don't have to unsolder any wires or anything and there are only 5-plugs going to the mainboard that you can easily unplug. The antenna come off the landing gear with a small screwdriver. Once you do it , you'll say "that wasn't so bad".
2017-3-22
Use props
digdat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

i'll start work on one, it will be here: https://docs.google.com/document ... Ho/edit?usp=sharing

im gonna borrow some pics from how-to vids with permission first, then can put in my own pics once i have time to crack the shell.
2017-3-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Not difficult to do. No desoldering required. Just be careful with the different screw types and do not over tighten screws on reassembly.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To add to Mike's advice, you especially do not want to over tighten the screws around the motors and that you separate those screws from the others, you don't want to accidentally put longer screws in their place.
2017-3-22
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

digdat Posted at 2017-3-22 19:16
i'll start work on one, it will be here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16YSaN1HBYRXpNXKX3Ab1luXmXdzsSTvCiseyw03F7Ho/edit?usp=sharing

im gonna borrow some pics from how-to vids with permission first, then can put in my own pics once i have time to crack the shell.

Checked out your instructions. I know you are not done apparently, but I think it looks good! Will be helpful for a lot of those trying this for the first time. It is kind of hard to have to be viewing a video on YouTube or wherever while trying to do this. Being able to print out instructions to look at with some pictures while you have your bird in front of you will be a benefit.

2017-3-23
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

United States

Perfect! Unfortunately I crashed yesterday and I am here now looking for some help. Look like I've found it.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules