Find my phantom
1397 6 2015-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Tonight on my IPad mini, I tried to look at find my phantom before I took off. It only shows a location but no details. Screen is blank. I pull out my phone & bind with phantom & everything works great. Just not on my iPad Mini. It worked up til today. I can't even get ground station maps to show up. With the new updates, I thought that allowed you to do it. I have deleted app & reloaded & upgraded wifi with no luck. Everything works great on my phone. Anyone have a clue?
Thanks for the help.

image.jpg
2015-2-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

To the best of my knowledge the app is technically not supported on the iPad so if it does happen to work and you're satisfied with it then great but otherwise if it was not released for the iPad then you'll get what you get and have to hope for the best
2015-2-25
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

I'm sorry I have a iPad mini. My bad.
2015-2-25
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-26 10:21
I have 2 apple ipads and had to save (cache) the google map on the IPAD, then it will work with yo ...

Gerry, With the new app version & firmware, I thought you were supposed to be able to go to the tab, upgrade range extender in the vision app & you are supposed to be able to cache maps while while connected to phantom2 V+
2015-2-25
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Yep , I should but can't  seem to understand why. I guess I will try to figure it out. Thanks for the replays.
2015-2-25
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I use an iPad mini and it works the same as my iPhone or ordinary iPad Air. Do you have the latest iOS updates on the mini?

iPad Air has the better display for outdoors in bright conditions.
I did have to recache the maps after I upgraded the latest apple software.
2015-2-26
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Yes I am updated I took it out this morning before work & tried it out & everything worked like it should. The image showed my bird right where it should be but it showed my location about 100 yards away from where my phantom was. I have had that issue in the past but I'm glad the images show up now. I was talking to a tech & he had me delete the app & reload it. ( I was having the phantom record after taking a raw image)  I do not know why it would not load last night but everything seemed like it should this morning.
With the new app 1.0.48, after you upgrade range extender, you should not need to re cache maps. You should be able to download them while interfaced with the phantoms wifi. (At least that is what I think)
As far as my mini, I have a anti glare film on it & it works great even without my sun hood.
Thanks for the help.
2015-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules