Survey about the new flying rules in Canada.
732 3 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

I'm curious about how far you guys (gals), would go to be able to fly and have no fear of being punished?

The choices are:

A - I would pay for a fee, a yearly license just like any vehicle
B  I already paid taxes on the purchase of my drone, they can take that money!
C  I could take a course and be granted a life droner
D  {your choice of answer}

Me personally, I would like a combo of A and C. As with everything in this country, if it means that the gov can make a buck or two, you can rest assured that if a course can be given by private company, and Ottawa have only to sit back and collect the license fees, plus taxes of course. That way, I am sure that would weed out the drone fliers who shouldn't be fliers. No harm intended.

2017-3-21
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

I'm against anything that adds to the cost of the hobby.  What about people with limited income that can barely afford to buy the drones in the first place.  Why doesn't MAAC or the AMA step up and offer free training ?  Technology is already here with more on the way that would prevent the vast majority of problems currently happening.  You simply can't fix STUPID.  No amount of regulation will prevent someone that is intent of doing something.   They are only punishing people that are flying safely !
2017-4-17
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

Mustang1993 Posted at 2017-4-17 08:05
I'm against anything that adds to the cost of the hobby.  What about people with limited income that can barely afford to buy the drones in the first place.  Why doesn't MAAC or the AMA step up and offer free training ?  Technology is already here with more on the way that would prevent the vast majority of problems currently happening.  You simply can't fix STUPID.  No amount of regulation will prevent someone that is intent of doing something.   They are only punishing people that are flying safely !

If you have limited income why the hell are you buying a $1300 drone? It's not a NEED.
It should be just like the US, take a course, pass a test and you can fly commercially without this SFOC bs.
2017-4-17
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

Well my drone was only $500 on sale but there are plenty of less expensive ones that are still restricted by the new laws.  What about children with no income at all that get them as a gift?   There are fears the US and others will adopt what Canada has done as well or worse a combination of the two.  SFOC is for all aircraft that fly commercially or over 35 kg.  As with most things cost is making anything recreational out of reach for a large portion of society so yea course and test for low cost is not a bad idea I agree.  The laws here are so restrictive now that I can't fly a 1 lb model of a Goodyear blimp with propellers in my own yard !!!  There are less laws for guns in your country lol
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules