Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
re: Horizontal positioning Pan capability
1196 6 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I position the Osmo+ pistol grip in the horizontal position the joystick controller does not allow me to Pan the camera left or right.

I can tilt the camera up or down but again...cannot pan left or right.

When the pistol grip is position vertically...no problem panning or tilting either direction.

Is this lack of pan ability in the horizontal a 'normal' limitation?

2017-3-21
Use props
Salty777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117077 ft
United Kingdom

According to the manual:

Flashlight Mode
Rotate the Osmo+ forward 90 degrees to go from Upright Mode to Flashlight Mode. In Flashlight Mode, pushing the joystick up and down will tilt the camera, pushing the joystick left and right will have no effect.

The motors all change "function". What is the pan motor when vertical would then become the roll motor when horizontal. The pan would now need to be done by the roll motor.... so theoretically possible but doesn't look like supported.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm afraid you need to send this in to DJI for an exchange. Please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in.
2017-3-21
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-21 23:03
I'm afraid you need to send this in to DJI for an exchange. Please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in.

Thor,

What your saying is when the Osmo+ is in 'flashlight' mode (horizontal) that you should be able to use the 'joystick' to pan the camera left & right????

Seems contrary to what the previous poster indicated and was written in the instruction manual.

Please clarify.

Geoffz
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 2017-3-22 19:02
Thor,

What your saying is when the Osmo+ is in 'flashlight' mode (horizontal) that you should be able to use the 'joystick' to pan the camera left & right????

He was right, I didn't notice the detail of the OP's thread.
2017-3-23
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-23 22:13
He was right, I didn't notice the detail of the OP's thread.

So now that's been answered...I have one more question.

Is it physically impossible to have the camera pan left & right in the Flashlight mode/position?

How can that be made to work?
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 2017-3-24 19:11
So now that's been answered...I have one more question.

Is it physically impossible to have the camera pan left & right in the Flashlight mode/position?

Yes, it is physically possible if you look at the camera's gimbal. I'm not sure why in the end it's not designed so.
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules