Customising the functionality of the sticks issue...
951 7 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Hi
I have my Mavic for 2 weeks now and I love flying with it. However I realised that "Mode 2" in the stick configuration is great for taking videos but is not the best way for me for FPV flying. So I thought I would customise the controls to something that resembles the setup on my game console. So from what is the mode 2 (seen below)

I changed it to what is described below.

But then I tried to make the drone start with pushing the two sticks down & inwards (as seen below)

and to my great surprise nothing happened.

Instead I realised that I could start the motors when I pushed the two sticks up & outwards

So is this normal for all or is it only me?
I guess it would be a good thing that no matter what the stick configuration is such critical switching stays the same.

Kostas
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Kostas, could you please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email?
I'll help to check it.
Is your forum email address the same as the DJI account email?
2017-3-22
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Yes my email is the same in both cases. However I do not understand what my flight records would contribute to this discussion. I suppose this is an easy to reproduce situation by anyone. No?
2017-3-22
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

IS there anyone having tried this?
2017-3-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

MacPap Posted at 2017-3-23 15:03
IS there anyone having tried this?

Yes
I fly RC Helicopters as well as drones and for me I have the rudder controls reversed.
I can pan the craft smoother like this and my CSC is obviously different, thats the only change for me though...
2017-3-23
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Visual Air Posted at 2017-3-23 15:46
Yes
I fly RC Helicopters as well as drones and for me I have the rudder controls reversed.
I can pan the craft smoother like this and my CSC is obviously different, thats the only change for me though...

Thank you Visual Air. At least now I know it is not a problem with my Mavic.... lol
2017-3-26
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2017-3-23 15:46
Yes

Curious as to why you would reverse the rudder if you fly helis . Do you fly the tail and not the nose ?
2017-3-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-26 04:25
Curious as to why you would reverse the rudder if you fly helis . Do you fly the tail and not the nose ?

I fly the nose but I find with reversing the rudder I can fluidly swing the tail around.
Its what felt comfortable for me and works and it has transpired into the drones. There is a rare few....
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules