Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery lights stuck on will not update
2010 8 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Tried searching forum but the search function sucks .  I got a new battery and of course the DJI GO 4 app showed that it needed an update . The update got about 60% and then failed . I could do nothing in the app with it again . The two middle lights are on the battery and will not go off . I kept the battery on the charger for a couple hours then tried DJI assistant 2 but it will not download because it states the battery must be over 50 % charge .

What do I do now ?
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If you keep failing to do the update, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here.You’ll get a case number automatically.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-22
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-22 04:05
Please you keep failing to do the update, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here.You’ll get a case number automatically.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

I was afraid you were going to say that

On that form would this be considered a Firmware update problem or an Accessory problem ?

Thank you
2017-3-22
Use props
Willik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Hi, this issue seems to be similar as explained here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 0519&fromuid=502089I had it also with one of my batteries and here is the solution what helped in my case: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=502089

I have no troubles with batteries since that issue.
Hope it helps you to sort it out.
Cheers
W.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-22 17:20
I was afraid you were going to say that

On that form would this be considered a Firmware update problem or an Accessory problem ?

It's probably a firmware update issue.
But it still need to be evaluated by our engineers to locate the issue.
2017-3-22
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
United States

Willik Posted at 2017-3-22 23:14
Hi, this issue seems to be similar as explained here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 0519&fromuid=502089I had it also with one of my batteries and here is the solution what helped in my case: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=78006&pid=628463&fromuid=502089

I have no troubles with batteries since that issue.

Thanks for the tips . I tried them all and it's still a no go . The app and Assistant still do not detect that the battery is at least 50% charged . It's funny (not really) that the app will connect to the Mavic with the battery installed yet gives a message that I can not take off . The battery level reading on the app shows 0% .

I guess it is send it back to DJI time . I ordered it for a trip next week so looks like I'm just out $90 until I get it back from DJI
2017-3-23
Use props
Willik
Second Officer
Czechia

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-23 15:31
Thanks for the tips . I tried them all and it's still a no go . The app and Assistant still do not detect that the battery is at least 50% charged . It's funny (not really) that the app will connect to the Mavic with the battery installed yet gives a message that I can not take off . The battery level reading on the app shows 0% .

I guess it is send it back to DJI time . I ordered it for a trip next week so looks like I'm just out $90 until I get it back from DJI

Did you try discharge (via the USB adapter, charging e.g. your cellphone couple of times)? And than charge it again for couple of hours?

Maybe you will really need to send it in.
Sorry to hear / read that.
2017-3-24
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
United States

Willik Posted at 2017-3-24 00:36
Did you try discharge (via the USB adapter, charging e.g. your cellphone couple of times)? And than charge it again for couple of hours?

Maybe you will really need to send it in.

Thanks Willik and Mindy !   I received my shipping label today but will not have to use it . I finally got everything to sync with the same firmware .

From the link you provided earlier ,someone posted a couple days ago about the same time I was having trouble .   Thanks for the link

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid743995
......................................................................................................................................................................
I had exactly the same problem as I was updating Mavic through my iPad and the update failed, the app crashed and I couldn't resume updating.
The battery was stuck on the two middle lights and the app would tell me that there is no new updates. I tried everything that was said above with no success, I couldn't get that "inconsistent firmware" notification so I could resume the update and fix the battery.

So to provoke that notification and make the update again with the stuck battery, here's what I did :

1. I installed DJI Assistant 2 on my pc,  I plugged the drone with a fully charged working battery through USB 3 (my USB 2 port didn't work for some reason) and turned it on.
2. I clicked Downgrade firmware to the previous version.
3. I unplugged the Mavic from PC, removed the working battery and put back the stuck battery (it turns on the drone right away)
4. I, then opened Dji Go 4 on my ipad and there was finally the "inconsistent firmware" notification with the option to update.
5. After the update was done, the battery is working again.

..........................................................................................................................................................................
I will try your method tonight after work . Fingers crossed .

UPDATE 8:30 P.M.

SUCCESS !

Your method worked !  
The only thing I did different than you I think is I had the Mavic turned on and the controller was hooked to my laptop via the USB cable . Downgraded everything at once with the good battery then rebooted , swapped batteries and did the same . Worked perfect . I also had to move my laptop and everything into the same room as my WiFi router as my laptop kept losing internet when I was one room away . I suspect this is what happened during the first firmware attempt through the DJIGo4 app and my phones wifi connection . The Mavic must interfere with the WiFi on the device somehow .
2017-3-24
Use props
Willik
Second Officer
Czechia

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-24 17:42
Thanks Willik and Mindy !   I received my shipping label today but will not have to use it . I finally got everything to sync with the same firmware .

Congrats !! :-)
I am glad you solved this too.
Enjoy flying :-)
And always rather charge to 100% before the fw up...
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules