Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AUTO LAND? INITIATED-NOOOOOOOOOOOO
2718 18 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

Finally received my phantom charged, updated, calibrated, and into the sky-while just giving a good test fly maybe 400ft away the craft starts an auto landing saying im in the NFZ my only guess is maybe i came to close to the gas station, immediately aircraft began to land plenty of juice, great signal, no aircrafts in sight- anybody wanna analyze ?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/QE9MPWUQZIZOATI57MQQ/

2017-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

From what I can see on the map, you are just on the border of 5 miles from Gillespie Field, which will have a no-fly zone, so that is not surprising. You might like to do a bit of Googling, because you need to know what No Fly Zones are and how to deal with them. BTW, just a little clue, it has nothing to do with gas stations.

2017-3-21
Use props
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-21 20:52
From what I can see on the map, you are just on the border of 5 miles from Gillespie Field, which will have a no-fly zone, so that is not surprising. You might like to do a bit of Googling, because you need to know what No Fly Zones are and how to deal with them. BTW, just a little clue, it has nothing to do with gas stations.

thank you for your reply...lol about the gas station.....Gillespie is in in El Cajon the next city over....definately more than 5 miles tho
2017-3-21
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-21 21:07
thank you for your reply...lol about the gas station.....Gillespie is in in El Cajon the next city over....definately more than 5 miles tho

Well maybe if you drive but in direct flight? I can fly my drone to the next village in the mountains.  It's less than a mile.  But will take you a good ten minutes to drive it.  
2017-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-21 21:07

According to Google Earth, you were 5.1 miles from the runway at Gillespie Field, but that can be close enough, as the DJI definition might be a little larger zone. And the zone extends even further than 5 miles if you gain altitude. the NFZ shape is like an inverted cone.

2017-3-21
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

9m 48.6s        Auto Landing        17satellites        111.2ft        21.6mph        355.8ft        42%        14.649V        3.657V        3.663V        3.667V        3.662V        0.01V        You are in a No Fly Zone. Auto landing initiated.; You are in a No Fly Zone. Auto landing initiated.

Funny in that part of your flight was closer to Runway 35 than where you got this warning.

2017-3-21
Use props
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-21 21:54
According to Google Earth, you were 5.1 miles from the runway at Gillespie Field, but that can be close enough, as the DJI definition might be a little larger zone. And the zone extends even further than 5 miles if you gain altitude. the NFZ shape is like an inverted cone.

Google Earth trippin then.......it shows that I am 8.5 miles away....if i could fly straight to it!
2017-3-21
Use props
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
United States

See for yourself
Screenshot_20170322-003111.png
2017-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-21 22:08
Google Earth trippin then.......it shows that I am 8.5 miles away....if i could fly straight to it!

Yeah, perhaps you Phantom has been on the weed
2017-3-22
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Check on skyvector.com. It will show if you are in a control zone.
2017-3-22
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-3-22 02:23
Check on skyvector.com. It will show if you are in a control zone.

I love skyvector. I shows I have the sky all to myself.

2017-3-22
Use props
knupla2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/
2017-3-22
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I have to ask  you guys, can you not turn off the GEO-zone in your GO-app like I can. I understand what it is for and that we need to be aware of our surroundings. I am very familiar with were I fly and I also debate if the app it as accurate as it could be. I know I am not close to any airports or such but I used to keep getting the warning too. I have turned it off in the GO app and never had an issue since. Again, I feel very clear where I fly, and if I were to venture out to a new location, I will turn it on again.
2017-3-22
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Just curious in case it ever happens to me - and it might because the are a few NFZs fairly close - does the drone just go into auto-land with no regard for what is below? Is the pilot able to instigate a RTH at that point or maneuver away from the NFZ?
I wonder why DJI didn't program the drone to RTH when it reaches a NFZ? Certainly that would be more safe.
2017-3-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Rnfaust Posted at 2017-3-24 16:28
Just curious in case it ever happens to me - and it might because the are a few NFZs fairly close - does the drone just go into auto-land with no regard for what is below? Is the pilot able to instigate a RTH at that point or maneuver away from the NFZ?
I wonder why DJI didn't program the drone to RTH when it reaches a NFZ? Certainly that would be more safe.

No, it just lands. And in one well-argued case on this forum, the aircraft landed in the ocean as a result of this.
2017-3-24
Use props
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2017-3-24 16:28

where ever it is YES it will begin to land - you can control the direction which luckily I was high enough to maneuver in time to retrieve my copter- very scary
2017-3-24
Use props
fanscb5477be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 320902 ft
United States

My P3P does this autoland garbage when I am in certain areas around the DC NFZ. If I throttle up, it will fight the landing. The autolanding is a horrible design that I think is part of the horribly designed GEO system.
2017-3-25
Use props
PaulSouthport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder if the action depends on the class of airspace, when I get to 5 miles from a small private/military trainer airfield I get a warning and the drone stops dead, but doesn't land
2017-3-25
Use props
fanscb5477be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 320902 ft
United States

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-3-25 02:02
I wonder if the action depends on the class of airspace, when I get to 5 miles from a small private/military trainer airfield I get a warning and the drone stops dead, but doesn't land

I think the firmware and NFZ databases are flawed.

You are right, if you are approaching a red NFZ, the drone should stop and not enter. I have seen that happen as it should.

Here is what I think based on my observations with auto land. Here is where I fly. I am the red dot: Screenshot from 2017-03-25 09-53-10.png

With GEO on, I get prompted to unlock the yellow zone, which I do. After taking off, after a certain amount of time (and I think this is a consistant amount of time, like 30 seconds, but I have never actually timed it), the drone prompts for an autolanding. During the autolanding, I can still manuver the drone, and if I throttle up, it will actually fight the landing (I have to put like 80% throttle for it to stay level). If I move out of the yellow zone, and in the green zone (an "enhanced warning zone"), the drone will not take off at all (says I am in an NFZ).

This tells me that there is a logic problem with the software when I am in the yellow zone. The drone/app lets me unlock and take off, because I am in a yellow zone, but at some point later on, a process on the drone realizes it is in the "enhanced warning zone" and starts to force a landing. It seems like the process checking for being inside a warning zone runs only every X amount of seconds.

I have been told by DJI that the "enhanced warning zone" around DC is special, and indeed broken on the P3P/A, but I really have no idea why it exists around DC. They will unlock it for you, but you have to have an iOS device. Further, the "enhanced warning zone" is put in place by DJI, and not the FAA. Take it out DJI and free my drone!
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules