Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Device

Osmo series

Filmmakers know that getting stabilized footage isn’t easy. While action cameras allow extreme sports enthusiasts to capture action from just about anywhere, without gimbal stabilization, the footage they produce is often shaky and can be difficult to watch. Additionally, to get slow-motion footage from an action camera, users need to transfer their shots to a computer and use post-production software to slow their high-FPS footage down.

Now, thanks to DJI’s Osmo series products, creators now have the power to capture stabilized shots on the fly. All Osmo series products include 3-axis gimbals that deliver silky-smooth footage slow-motion footage without any editing required. Also, since Osmo series products connect with the DJI GO app, you can edit and share your footage right from your mobile phone.

The Osmo+ and Osmo Pro/RAW come equipped with DJI X3 and X5 cameras, respectively, while the Osmo Mobile is smartphone-compatible gimbal that turns your smartphone into a smart motion camera.
*If you’re interested in purchasing an Osmo Mobile, check to make sure your phone is compatible here.
http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads

In this article, we’ll show you how to capture slow-motion shots with an Osmo and DJI GO.

DJI GO App Settings

First, power on your Osmo , connect it to your mobile device, and launch DJI GO. We recommend using a grid, specifically Grid + Diagonals, so you can keep your shot well-framed as you move.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Next, make sure to set you shooting mode to Slow Motion.

3.jpeg

Finally, line up the object(s) you want to capture and start recording.

4.jpeg

After recording, tap the playback button in the bottom left to view your shot, already slowed down thanks to the magic of DJI GO. DJI GO also allows you edit your clips together and share them to social media directly from the app!

Sample Slow-motion Shots

Falling Leaves

5.gif

To make slow-motion interesting, you’ll need some fast-moving objects your shots. We decided to capture a DJI Phantom blowing some leaves around.
To capture a shot like this, just set your Osmo to Slow Motion mode, point the Osmo towards the drone, and follow the drone as it moves forward. It’s that simple! To get the best results possible, try walking as shown in the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlXY52BE7EI

6.gif

Birds in flight also make great slow-motion subjects. Just line up a bird with your grid, tap record, and wait for the bird to fly out of the shot.

Like DJI Support on Facebook!
Follow DJI Support on Twitter!
Subscribe to DJI Support on YouTube!

2017-3-22
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

The only trouble woth the onboard slow motion is that it severely crops the image, to get the full image you have to record in normal mode then do the slow motion in post processing.  Why is this?  Why can't e Osmo film in slow motion using the entire sensor to give the full field of view?

Also you are limited to 1080P (though I understand the reason for this).
2017-3-22
Use props
danirvine 1
lvl.2
Australia

It is super frustrating that the osmosis pro can not do slow mo buyers be aware that even though the pro version is bigger and you can get the focus wheel ,focus is extremely hard still even with the peaking on high
I am often putting down the osmo pro to use the standard osmo with x3 camera to get the slow mo or dear I say my Sony camera that has amazing focusing tracking and slow motion.
In my mind I would have thought the pro version would have had all the standard version has and more ! This is not the case .
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules