527 4 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Husabergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95443 ft
Norway

Hello there people.
I wonder if anybody have tested the consistancy of the Mavic?
Not sure if my english is spot on, but what i mean is if you have the combo with more batteries, can you fly for long? Or how long can the drone keep on flying begore it needs a break or cooldown? If you charge the batteries as they come dry and only land for a quick batterychange.
Any concerns about this?

Eventually i think maybe the remotes battery will dry out, and this cannot be charged while you use it? Or maybe it can be charged with the use of the bottom usb-port while in use?

Again sorry for my english. Hope you understand ;)

Best regards Husa
2017-3-22
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I don't think the drone needs a rest per se.  At least in my experience so far I can keep flying as much as the batteries will allow. Note, you want to avoid completely depleting the batteries. I never fly below 25% and plan to land with 35 to 45% left.  The one possible exception might be in extremely hot conditions.  So far this hasn't been an issue for me but you can monitor your battery temps and see a graph by syncing your flight data with HealthDrones.com (now renamed to airdata.com).  This should give you a very good idea if temperatures are becoming an issue.
2017-3-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

How long are you trying to fly for?
2017-3-22
Use props
Husabergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95443 ft
Norway

Thank you for your tips
I am planning for a flight duration more or less 4-5 hours. Small breaks will occour,but hope to have the drone in the air most of the time. The plan is to live stream video to a closed link or service. Guess i just have to wing it and test for myself ;)
2017-3-22
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I get around 21 minutes here flying waypoints ~16mph, land with ~15% battery from full charge.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules