Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair Costs Without DJI Care
7076 15 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd9ea013d
lvl.1
United States

Hi - I'm needing to send in my P3 Pro in for repair without DJI Care. The problem I'm having is slight jello when filming video and unable to launch due to ESC error (thinking that one of the motors is messed up). DJI said that they need to see/test the bird before offering an estimate to repair but was wondering if anyone has had them repair without care and how much it cost them?

I've got another place in CA that will repair for $150 flat fee + parts and wondering what would be the better/cheapest deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

2017-3-22
Use props
#shotxclvck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

definitely sounds like a good deal....but are they authorized to deal with DJI products....it does matter!
2017-3-22
Use props
fansd9ea013d
lvl.1
United States

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-22 10:14
definitely sounds like a good deal....but are they authorized to deal with DJI products....it does matter!

Yes - they are authorized.. you just have to pay for shipping to get it there.

https://www.dronefly.com/product ... variant=28536979280

Do you think that DJI would cost more than $200 (including hours) to repair?
2017-3-22
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298720 ft
Finland

I think 150$ is very good deal. Here you can take a look for some repair prices. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Take a look at the link iMeMoz provided and see if it works out for you. If you still have warranty left on your unit, it may be best just to send it in to DJI in case it can be a free repair.
2017-3-22
Use props
fansd9ea013d
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, I ended up just sending to DJI. The gimbal is in perfect working condition (aligns, responds rotates perfect) but for whatever reason has started to get a slight jello effect every 3-4 seconds in video recording, even with minimal wind. Thinking that something has gotten loose. Worried about the ESC because when I tried rotating the motors one was making a weird clunky sound and did not feel right when rotated.

I guess that I'll wait to see what DJI says... Hopefully they can fix with minimal effort.

Thanks all
2017-3-22
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

They want to charge $150 to take it apart and put it back together? $150 plus the cost of parts? Holy Sh#@! That is a rip off. I guess you have to pay shipping both ways to? If it is under warranty, DJI will fix it for free including shipping both ways. I had mine out and back in less than two weeks. East coast to West coast.
2017-3-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI's repair service in Shenzhen at least is hassle free, maybe a bit slow but so far, excellent results (3 repairs so far on different things)
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansd9ea013d Posted at 2017-3-22 16:44
Yeah, I ended up just sending to DJI. The gimbal is in perfect working condition (aligns, responds rotates perfect) but for whatever reason has started to get a slight jello effect every 3-4 seconds in video recording, even with minimal wind. Thinking that something has gotten loose. Worried about the ESC because when I tried rotating the motors one was making a weird clunky sound and did not feel right when rotated.

I guess that I'll wait to see what DJI says... Hopefully they can fix with minimal effort.

I'm sure you'll be up and running again in no time.
2017-3-22
Use props
Dee Dudnath
New

Canada

Has anyone sent in their drone for GIMBAL problem? Long story short my gimbal doesn't want to tilt anymore, its more delayed than anything. haven't crashed it either. i think it may be a software issue because i have calibrated the gimbal multiple times and nothing seems to be working.

And also i got my shipping labels and other stuff sent to me from a DJI rep on the phone, she was so quick and fast it was amazing, anyways i went to UPS and they said the shipping label was already paid for? I only have the standard 1 year warranty and thats up in July so i don't know if its covered or what, or if they'll bill me after further evaluation.
2017-3-23
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3862808 ft
United States

I'm currently awaiting an ESC Status Error repair fro $148, shipping both ways included. My main gripe is they've had it since 3/13, I've paId for the repair, but they haven't completed the repair yet. (Today = 3/31/17)
2017-3-31
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

HWCM Posted at 2017-3-22 19:04
They want to charge $150 to take it apart and put it back together? $150 plus the cost of parts? Holy Sh#@! That is a rip off. I guess you have to pay shipping both ways to? If it is under warranty, DJI will fix it for free including shipping both ways. I had mine out and back in less than two weeks. East coast to West coast.

Consider  yourself very lucky. I bought a P4 to find out the RC was DOA. 0 minutes of flying and DJI is taking it's sweet time to ship the replacement. Ground shipping took 7 days, they got my RC last Thursday, by Tuesday they opened the box , on Wednesday they decided I need a replacement but ... nothing. Still waiting to fly my brand new P4 Really disappointed.
2017-3-31
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-31 15:30
Consider  yourself very lucky. I bought a P4 to find out the RC was DOA. 0 minutes of flying and DJI is taking it's sweet time to ship the replacement. Ground shipping took 7 days, they got my RC last Thursday, by Tuesday they opened the box , on Wednesday they decided I need a replacement but ... nothing. Still waiting to fly my brand new P4  Really disappointed.

You are in Canada. Maybe that is why?
2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-31 15:30
Consider  yourself very lucky. I bought a P4 to find out the RC was DOA. 0 minutes of flying and DJI is taking it's sweet time to ship the replacement. Ground shipping took 7 days, they got my RC last Thursday, by Tuesday they opened the box , on Wednesday they decided I need a replacement but ... nothing. Still waiting to fly my brand new P4  Really disappointed.

Sorry about it, ground shipping to Canada might take longer than within US.
2017-4-2
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-4-2 23:38
Sorry about it, ground shipping to Canada might take longer than within US.

Hi Thor, I am not talking about UPS here. I am talking about the guys behind the 1st level support. Everyone on the forum is really nice, trying to escalate the case, yet, nothing happens. I see many people disappointed by the customer support and you, the 1st level are taking the heat for the guys behind you. You probably don't deserve it but the management should see this.
2017-4-3
Use props
fansd9ea013d
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

Update. DJI sent my estimate for around $162 to repair. Overall satisfied with the price. Would have for sure cost more if I went the other route. Can't wait to get the bad boy back in the air!
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules